CH2M Reviews

• Prudhoe Bay, AK
2.6
CH2M CEO Jacqueline Hinman
Jacqueline Hinman

This Company is OK to work for, the management needs work.

Current Employee - Planner in Prudhoe Bay, AK
    Current Employee - Planner in Prudhoe Bay, AK

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid job with regular pay. Therre is oppertunity to work over and get a few extra weeks in for the year.

Cons

Management is hard to deal with and stuck in there ways. The talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to listen and trust the chain of command they setup and hire below them to make decision. Its manage not micro-manage!

Management in Prudhoe Bay sucks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prudhoe Bay, AK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prudhoe Bay, AK

I have been working at CH2M full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am still trying to figure this one out.

Cons

Was hired with 7 others 3 started at a higher wage with way less experience. Was told that everyone started at same wage. I chose not to use kneepads. Food is unhealthy, rooms are the ghetto of the North Slope.
     They make you fly home on Sundays only which is very expensive and means less hometime with family

Advice to Management

Don't be 2 faced

CH2M Response

Aug 14, 2013Talent Acquisition

We are sorry that your experience with the company has not been positive. We take every review very seriously and we will forward your feedback to Sr. Management.

Fast paced learning organization with strong HR presence and international growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Human Resource Delivery Partner in Prudhoe Bay, AK
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resource Delivery Partner in Prudhoe Bay, AK

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highly ethical organization focused on diversity and individual contributions of employees throughout all levels of organization. Strong leadership and active globalization and international movement.

Cons

With fast growth comes tremendous change and all the challenges therein. Staffing levels and re-organization of corporate and business groups present both opportunities and significant setbacks from client focused efforts.

Advice to Management

Communication plans need to become priority with creative and improved methods.

Overall great company to work for.

Former Employee - Wash Bay Attendant in Prudhoe Bay, AK
    Former Employee - Wash Bay Attendant in Prudhoe Bay, AK

I worked at CH2M full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of benefits, high 401K matching percentage, and it is an employee owned company which provides stock options.

Cons

Too many bosses! Lol jk. Can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Brown Noser have lots of room for growth

Current Employee - Instrumentation Technician in Prudhoe Bay, AK
    Current Employee - Instrumentation Technician in Prudhoe Bay, AK

I have been working at CH2M

Pros

Competitive pay
    Decent benefits
    Some good employees
    Concerned about safety
    When I needed personal time off they allowed it. They also are understanding of missed flights etc, as long as it doesn't happen on a regular basis.

Cons

Lied about pay
    HR is a joke
    Extreme favoritism
    Hard to get recognition for a job well down
    Lots of office gossip
    I have 7 bosses - 6 of which are unnecessary
    Hard to move up unless you are friendly with the hirer - then it's easy

Advice to Management

Needs some restructuring as well as monetary incentives for a great job or for completing a hard job on time.

7. Work environment is good, but pay is lower than other shops and upward mobility is restricted by the good old boy system

Former Employee - Light Duty Mechanic, Pickups and Suv's in Prudhoe Bay, AK
    Former Employee - Light Duty Mechanic, Pickups and Suv's in Prudhoe Bay, AK

I worked at CH2M

Pros

The Job is enjoyable if you are satisfied with being a mechanic. They have very good equipment and tools for use. The shop environment is like any other, but with more comrodery, they go the extra mile to try and keep you satisfied with where you are.

Cons

The pay is lower than similiar jobs on the slope with other companies, they seem to bring in management from outside so getting promoted into a managment position is limited, and I feel very rare. The good ol'boy system is in place on the slope and CH has not been able to erraticate it in their management.

Advice to Management

Review management positions for the opportunity of finding a good manager in the common ranks of the work place. May want to restrict current management from, 'dangling a carrot', to keep employees around a little longer with no actual intention of promotion.