CHCC

CHCC Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joe Cilone

Do not encourage work/life balance

Safety (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsFun co-workers, great family style enviornment.

ConsNo opportunity for career advancement in the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your staff to find out what the true issues are in the workplace.

CHCC was my 2nd home.I dedicated 100% of "me" to CHCC.When my "mgr" changed = worst work experience in my career.

RN IV (Former Employee) Madera, CA

ProsWhen working at CHCC, if working with "good" (I had outstanding) Director, 16 of my 17 years were wonderful.I was Chrg RN to lrg unit, then transitioned to infusion clinic and management changed as well the infusion clinic being without any "permanent" RNs. We had few applicants however I persuaded by mgr to hire an RN who had been out of work force for approx 15 - 20 yrs. I trained her, yet she became the RN no one wanted to work with. She was coniving, dishonest etc. Made for a poor work environment. New mgr has allowed this to continue on to this day. Previous mgr/director would never have allowed this to take place. Situations such as this were corrected immediately. Very sad that one inefficient manager is "gun shy" and doesn't do anything about the RN who's performance is far below standard due to customer service (involving co-workers).

Otherwise, CHCC is a WONDERFUL place to work. Ranks 10/10 with the exception previously mentioned. Management tried to find a happy medium between staff and the financial ongoings requiring staff to make major change. OUTSTANDING HOSPITAL, yet with a few poor/unfair policies.

ConsPlease see the Pros section regarding Children's Hospital Central California. I found it incredible that going from one manager who helped staff in every aspect, even patient care to another manager who didn't ever touch a patient, "pause" a IV Pump etc made such a negative impact on work conditions. If we were short by one RN (only had two RNs in dept, he "tried" to get coverage. If unable to get coverage he would "disappear" and not come near the clinic to help out") In my opinion regarding this manager, he was a kind man trying his best and at times did go above and beyond advocating for a nurse, yet he did not have the experience to be inthe role of manager due to coming to CHCC from another organization. A good manager should be able to step in and help out when required. He lacked this ability and had not desire to learn.

There are no cons regarding anything at CHCC prior to this incident.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership teams does an excellent job or providing feedback to employees and keeping them up to date regarding current changes, however oftentimes there are multiple changes that take place as well. This truly effects delivery of patient care. Example: Meditech documentation "go live"... what I've been told regarding this transformation is that it has been a total nightmare and the RNs are spending substantially less time in patient care. Granted, this is the "learning curve", however more support is/was required. Additionally, I was told (don't know in fact if this was the case that some RNs resigned over this documentation -one employee with over 20 yrs tenure at VCH->CHCC & was one of your finest RNs). He was for me when I was charge nurse during my tenure at VCH->CHCC.

Anyone managing a patient care related area (outpatient/inpatient) should be someone that has worked at the organization and not from the outside. I witnessed a substantial number of people in management coming from outside our organization and they were not providing due diligence to CHCC (Leadership Team and those providing direct patient care). An example of an excellent, optimal Director is Daniel Davis. He started his employment as a staff RN and climbed the ranks accordingly. Daniel is (in my opinion) the best Director you could have at CHCC. When Daniel was manager, supervisor he would "pinch hit" on the unit as needed, doing so in a positive, happy to help attitude. If someone has never "climbed the ranks" to become a supervisor, mgr this oftentimes is impossible and was very evident.

Lastly, a policy that combines worker's comp time with personal time off (medical leave, etc) is not fair practice. An injury sustained at work should have no connection with any employees "personal" time off. CHCC is generally fair in all practice, this is not fair practice to your employees. This is a penalty.

Overworked, underpaid, no employee recognition.

STNA (Current Employee) Youngstown, OH

Prosfree to do as you please. Management self absorbed in their own lives

ConsThey hire too many family and friends, overpay them, underpay the rest of us. Takes no time with residents, Administrator hardly around.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire outside workers, get rid of family working there and you will see your business do alot better,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

bad place to work unorganized

Dietary Aid/Runner (Current Employee) Liberty Center, OH

Prosjob allows for some personal freedoms, no management on weekends

Consunorganized and nonprofessional place of employment. raises almost never given

Advice to Senior Managementorganize the facility offer better employee intensives and allow for more growth potential and hire a professional management company to run the kitchen!!!!!

Worked for CHCC? Contribute to the Community!