CHEP

www.chep.com

CHEP Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Tom Gorman

Pros
  • We have a great leader who believes in empowering the employees and advocates for a great work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Pay and benefits are above average and the focus on work/life balance is good (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They preach work life balance but that seems to be a crock of crap (in 9 reviews)

• long hours doing manual spreadsheets and tracking multiple versions (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Most of management are very supportive and everyone has a great knowledge of the business

Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsHigh Salary, training, flexible hours (in most cases)

ConsHigh stress level. Many re-organizations

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to have more consistency rather than every few months changing policy or procedures.

chep

Prospay is good compared to the rest of the area

ConsThey are continually cutting heads and promoting the worst people.

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people and stop promoting the dummies

Great learning experience

Operations Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work life balance. Compensation for work is good. PTO policy is nice, as well as other benefits.

ConsAdvancement is limited for field personnel unless they want to relocate.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company with amazing benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat benefits, flexible work environment, opportunities for advancement

ConsCan work longer hours but that happens at most organizations

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is great...keep the motivation coming.

cool place to work

Analyst (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Proscorporate so you had free time to work and roam. great benefits and competitive pay. enough to make you think its worth it to stay. probably best to get well into the politics so you dont have to scrap to keep your job. gym onsite and alot of luncheons and sponsored events. long lunches and pretty faces

Consstability. No real impact to the work your doing.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in people

Great company with opportunities to improve

ProsGreat benefits and exposure to world class organizations.

ConsContradicting goals & metrics across multiple departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management needs to take ownership of issues vs. pointing fingers.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

So much potential, culture gets in the way.

National Account Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsProduct and service really do provide value to the supply chain. Work with companies at the start and the end of the business that puts all consumer products on the shelf.

ConsToo much time spent filling out reports and responding or preparing to respond to fire drills instead of staying on a strategic path. Process was preached but not always followed.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture is getting in the way. Too uch uncertaintiy and fear. Employees are afraid to stick their necks out and therefore it is the same "protect myself" attitude and not enough true focus on the customer. Artificial metrics like DSO mid and end of year are great for the street but strain relationships and put employee credibility on the line.

Great place to work with strategy and purpose

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsBenefits: Many opportunities to move positions
    Work from home

ConsPre-chosen candidates for positions without specifying primary candidate identified

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue developing employees, give people a chance for promotions to continue to build company for the future.

I would not call it horrible but I would say it was a bad experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the customers and many of my coworkers. The community service aspect is great. Gives 3 paid days for community service volunteering. The benefits are off the charts great.

ConsHorrible training if any at all. OVERWORKED and is still not good enough. They preach work life balance but that seems to be a crock of crap. Every manager is different and I happened to have a horrible one. Others I hear are great but mine did not do as he preached. Did not listen or follow through with his job and then passed buck and blame back to you when he dropped the ball. Work life balance killed my life and I suffered. 60+ hours a week and was told I was not committed enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your people, especially the ones in the field remotely. STOP spending money like it's going out of style at the first of the year then cut off all expenses needed to attain bonus due to budget constraints. COMMUNICATE! Way too often employees left in the dark on many issues.

Challenging and Rewarding

Manager, Customer Operations (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsPlenty of opportunity to grow and develop. CHEP really rewards those who are willing to make things happen.

ConsThe challenging high performance environment can be percieved as a con...

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on maintaining balance between employee, customer, and shareholder value.

Worked for CHEP? Contribute to the Community!