CHG Healthcare

Michael R. Weinholtz

Free to be me at CHG

Current Employee - NON-SALES MANAGER in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - NON-SALES MANAGER in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

CHG is such an inclusive, diverse company. Benefits are designed to accommodate all walks of life. I've been with the company for more than 10 years and had many unique growth opportunities. I couldn't dream of working for a more supportive group of people. I love the continued investment in leadership!

Cons

I'd be hard-pressed to find any. It would be ungrateful nit-picking honestly, such as I don't like the color of the walls in my office (which I do).....

Keep investing in people first. The rest will fall into place naturally!

Employee Friendly

I worked at CHG Healthcare

Pros

Very employee friendly. Good benefits.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities, very stressful work environment.

Total Integrity

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very ethical staff, take a personal interest in their travelers. I know from personal experience that Michael Weinholtz (CEO) is a decent human being who takes a personal interest in *all* employees of CHG, whatever their level. I am a health care provider (physician assistant) who has worked on and off with CHG over 21 years.

Cons

No paid time off or benefits between assignments

Please provide more comprehensive benefits to your health care providers, There are some of us who work most months of the year, but do not get paid time off, CME money, or paid health care/ disability when we get sick or injured. I know that I myself would do locums the rest of my career if there were more secure and ongoing benefits. As I am very healthy but now in my 50s,I may be looking at a permanent position when I would prefer to do locums. And I am highly regarded as a provider and well-liked among clients.

A lot of hard work, a lot of payoff

I have been working at CHG Healthcare

Pros

One of the best companies to work for in Utah. Great culture.

Cons

Lots of hours to become successful

Fits me very well but it is not for everyone

Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good compensation for those who work hard, excellent benefits and amenities for the staff, gym, yoga, game room, health center, etc. The culture fits me well and keeps me engaged. The company stands by its core values and one of those is ethics and integrity. That feels good that they are a company I can trust. I do believe the management really works hard to make sure people are happy and want to be there for the long term. The leadership is solid and I don't see a lot of micromanaging so long as you do your job well.

Cons

Not for everyone, there is a decent amount of turnover. Sales is hard and I see some people working hard and having a hard time building success, others just dont have what it takes or have average work ethic. There definitely is a personality that suits this job, super positive and outgoing. If you just want a 8-5 or something to pay the bills, this probably isnt the best place to work.

Cant really think of anything major

Too demanding in some departments. Management on some teams are not the right fit.

Current Employee - Credentialing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Credentialing in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Company values are moving in the right direction, and Senior management are fun to be around.

Cons

Training management better on teams. Make them realize that numbers aren't everything and making sure they don't favoritism certain people on teams. I have been in the same spot for the last six years and have never been offered an opportunity to move ahead. I believe management on my team should not be so friendly with co-workers since in the long wrong they may have to fire them. Also I think they focus on being more engaged that what they should be doing and that is working. Too much talking not enough working. I have always been taught that if you have time to talk you have time to be doing something to benefit the company or help your team.

Look at pay, 401K increase, and go through management to make sure you truly have the right people in there positions. I would also add that they need to make sure that people are being respected and that they are getting the training they need to do there jobs.

Deceiving and very high pressure sales

Former Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Health benefits are great. There is a clinic in the building that is convenient.

Cons

Deceitful about the sales. The job is cold calling all day. You have to make 50 outbound calls a day. Managers are constantly asking you to report tedious things such as your last conversation with certain clients. Really stressful to keep up with the managers constant requests for updates.

Be yourself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture. I love that you can be yourself. I enjoy coming into work everyday because of the great people I work with. The value of Putting People First is seen everyday not only internally but externally with clients and customers. I also enjoy the work life balance.

Cons

Haven't experienced many cons but we are always working on getting better.

Dedicated to providing more than just a paycheck.

Former Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Although I wasn't always in love with CHG, I was very sad to leave. I saw a lot of ups and downs in the marketing department during my six years there, but I was impressed with CHG's senior leadership's commitment to making the department a great place to work. And overall, the pros definitely outweighed the cons! Here are the pros:
    - Amazing leadership
    - Ability to drive your own career path/do what you love
    - Filled with highly talented, knowledgeable and FUN co-workers
    - Commitment to open, honest and consistent communication
    - Great environment for learning
    - Fantastic benefits and social events

Cons

Some of the challenges I faced were:
    - Seeing good people let go and spending too much time trying to help those who were just not worth it
    - WAY too many meetings
    - Understanding that each division has it's own culture and way of doing things (CHG is not always "one big happy family.")

As CHG continues to grow, it will be hugely important to stay true to your core values and ensure everyone - regardless of division or location - is supporting CHG's "Putting People First" culture.

Great Culture, but that not the whole story.

Current Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture is fantastic, everyone is seeming interested in making sure you are having a good time with what you are doing. The is a major focus on getting the right training and investing in individuals is important to the company as a whole.

Cons

There IT department is out dated and there reliance on Salesforce is almost boring in many ways. The pay is less than average for the amount of work involved. They are more focused on spending money on things like parties than having a decent 401k match.

Make a stronger financial commitment to your employees and you might not have as much turn over. Higher pay would be good and a more forward thinking strategy toward advances in technology would make the IT department more exciting to work in.

CHG Healthcare Photos

Our people in Salt Lake City celebrate our No. 3 ranking on Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in January 2013.

+ Add Photo