CHG Healthcare

Updated September 4, 2014
3.2

CHG Healthcare CEO Michael R. Weinholtz
Michael R. Weinholtz

You don't have to change the person you are to be successful here! I love it!

Current Employee - Recruiting  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture. People are friendly and helpful. The CEO knows your name. Leadership style is Servant Leadership. They are about developing you to be the best you can bein whatever carer path you choose.

Cons

Haven't experienced many cons. I feel they should offer more PTO up front vs waiting to be employed for certain amount of time. Only because last company I worked with gave 20 days PTO to all new hires.

More PTO for new hires, Benefits starting day one of employment. Really don't like CHG being in two seperate buildings!

Training and Development

I have been working at CHG Healthcare

Pros

I feel that leadership really cares about me as a person and wants to see me succeed.

Cons

Because we are given so much some people develop a sense of intitlement.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has a fantastic culture - one of our Core Values is Putting People First and I see illustrations of it everyday.

Cons

Overall it's a great place to work. If I had any feedback it would be that there could be I'd like to see it be a little less sales-y and a little more customer-centric.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company to work for!

I have been working at CHG Healthcare

Pros

The company cares about the employees and will help in any way possible. Would recommend to anyone that this would be a great fit for talented people.

Cons

There has been nothing that I would say is a con about working for chg. They have been very supportive of me.

The best (and hardest) work you will ever do!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent leadership. Excellent pay, and limitless opportunity for both sales and admin alike. The leadership program is not for the faint of heart, and great things are expected of every single individual. Because of this, you have a solid work environment where hard work and effort are paid off in your individual earning success, and overall career longevity. The biggest pro I have with the company is that expectations are clear. There is no secret to what is expected and the metrics for meeting those expectations. I have been there for several years and my leaders are phenomenal. I have had several over the course of my career and each leader is obviously a different person- but the goals are the same. Everyone there is positive and happy. We take care of each other. It's not perfect- nothing in life is perfect. But the effort to reach perfection is there every day.

Cons

The only con I would list here, is that it isn't for everyone. CHG expects its employees to treat others with respect, and voice one's needs to senior leaders and to own your ideas, thoughts, feelings, and experiences. The culture is more than just games and treats- it's about being the best version of yourself at all times. And that is not easy for some people. It's a place where good people become great, and those that aren't a culture match often have an oil/water reaction because they can't handle being in such a selfless environment where it's not about them. It's about others. So if you are up for a challenge of pushing yourself to the limit every moment of every day- CHG is the place for you. But you REALLY have to want it!! No one can or will do it for you.

My advice to management is to keep our culture of transparency alive. I greatly appreciate their passion and attitude with our business. Not every leader is perfect (I was shocked to read the negative reviews below- because it's just not that way). If people are willing to grow and be developed, then the experience will be a positive one. Leaders are just people, and people aren't perfect. Life isn't perfect- it's messy! But leadership tries very, very hard to put people first, increase engagement of employees by showing true appreciation, and what the organization does as a whole is very motivating in and of itself.

CHG Healthcare was a great place to work!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

CHG does a great job of creating an environment for their employees to succeed and give them all of the tools to do so.

Cons

Not much negative to speak of. In my time there was nothing out of the ordinary worth mentioning.

I guess if anything i would tell them to find a new platform for employees to give feedback on their direct managers. The current system makes it too easy for employees to suffer negative repercussions for sharing their thoughts.

The Greatest Workplace Ever... Period!

Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Onsite Gym
    - Management
    - Coworkers
    - Onsite Health Clinic
    - Constantly Training
    - Genially Care About Each Employee
    - Constant Rewards For Just Doing Your Job
    - Great Potential To Make Money
    - Awesome Health Benefits and PTO
    - Very Fun Work Environment
    - Do I need to go on?

Cons

- The only Con I have might be the low base pay but as stated above, great opportunity to make money/commissions (on top of the low base salary).

Keep doing what you are doing. I hope to be one soon with in this great company.

The best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company truly cares about employees; Work environment is fun; Great to work in Healthcare to make a difference for physicians and hospitals; Love the management team

Cons

Nothing that I can think of!

Keep it up!

A company that honestly cares about its employees.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like any company, there is a certain degree of politics, but I have never been involved with a company I liked more than CHG.

There is an honest attitude of 'Putting People First', and it shows. There is a department dedicated to planning and arranging activities for employee appreciation; just today the executives brought ice cream sandwiches around to everyone.

I have an odd schedule to keep due to family issues, and the company is more than willing to allow me a flexible schedule to attend to my special needs.

There is an onsite gym facility that costs 4 dollars a month.

There is an onsite health clinic where the co-pay is waved.

Free health screenings, and flu shots.

A whole week dedicated to employee appreciation, which includes food and games.

A week where employees get together and raise money for United Way...this year we raised more than 160,000 dollars.

A training department who takes care of everything from leader development to weight loss coaching.

A yearly 10-20% bonus of your salary. What's cool about this, is I was with the company for two months before the new year, and the next year I was paid my bonus for those two months, I didn't have to wait a year to qualify.

Great health benefits.

Cons

Being such a laid back company, there are times when certain employees will take advantage of the system.

Be honest with employees. Just because everything is always good, do not be afraid to share bad news as well.

I can never work anywhere else!

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

They live their core value of putting people first and with they care about your improvement as a person and in your respective job.
    There are so many opportunities to excel, volunteer, network and have fun.
    They have a work hard play hard mentality.
    Their CEO makes it a point to get to know new people and he has fun with us at parties, presentations and other work get-togethers.
    They care about me and my unique needs.
    They have an on-site health clinic that is FREE to their employees! Who has that?? No one!
    Lots of giveaways, incentives, great pay, the best people and be your best mentality.
    I'll never work anywhere else!!

Cons

We've got a lot of meetings. But that's it!! This place rocks!!

More healthy snacks, not just sweets, ice cream, cup cakes, etc. More carrot sticks...:)

Worked for CHG Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!