CHG Healthcare

Michael R. Weinholtz

Free to be me at CHG

Current Employee - NON-SALES MANAGER in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - NON-SALES MANAGER in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

CHG is such an inclusive, diverse company. Benefits are designed to accommodate all walks of life. I've been with the company for more than 10 years and had many unique growth opportunities. I couldn't dream of working for a more supportive group of people. I love the continued investment in leadership!

Cons

I'd be hard-pressed to find any. It would be ungrateful nit-picking honestly, such as I don't like the color of the walls in my office (which I do).....

Keep investing in people first. The rest will fall into place naturally!

Total Integrity

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very ethical staff, take a personal interest in their travelers. I know from personal experience that Michael Weinholtz (CEO) is a decent human being who takes a personal interest in *all* employees of CHG, whatever their level. I am a health care provider (physician assistant) who has worked on and off with CHG over 21 years.

Cons

No paid time off or benefits between assignments

Please provide more comprehensive benefits to your health care providers, There are some of us who work most months of the year, but do not get paid time off, CME money, or paid health care/ disability when we get sick or injured. I know that I myself would do locums the rest of my career if there were more secure and ongoing benefits. As I am very healthy but now in my 50s,I may be looking at a permanent position when I would prefer to do locums. And I am highly regarded as a provider and well-liked among clients.

A lot of hard work, a lot of payoff

I have been working at CHG Healthcare

Pros

One of the best companies to work for in Utah. Great culture.

Cons

Lots of hours to become successful

Fits me very well but it is not for everyone

Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good compensation for those who work hard, excellent benefits and amenities for the staff, gym, yoga, game room, health center, etc. The culture fits me well and keeps me engaged. The company stands by its core values and one of those is ethics and integrity. That feels good that they are a company I can trust. I do believe the management really works hard to make sure people are happy and want to be there for the long term. The leadership is solid and I don't see a lot of micromanaging so long as you do your job well.

Cons

Not for everyone, there is a decent amount of turnover. Sales is hard and I see some people working hard and having a hard time building success, others just dont have what it takes or have average work ethic. There definitely is a personality that suits this job, super positive and outgoing. If you just want a 8-5 or something to pay the bills, this probably isnt the best place to work.

Cant really think of anything major

Be yourself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture. I love that you can be yourself. I enjoy coming into work everyday because of the great people I work with. The value of Putting People First is seen everyday not only internally but externally with clients and customers. I also enjoy the work life balance.

Cons

Haven't experienced many cons but we are always working on getting better.

Dedicated to providing more than just a paycheck.

Former Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Although I wasn't always in love with CHG, I was very sad to leave. I saw a lot of ups and downs in the marketing department during my six years there, but I was impressed with CHG's senior leadership's commitment to making the department a great place to work. And overall, the pros definitely outweighed the cons! Here are the pros:
    - Amazing leadership
    - Ability to drive your own career path/do what you love
    - Filled with highly talented, knowledgeable and FUN co-workers
    - Commitment to open, honest and consistent communication
    - Great environment for learning
    - Fantastic benefits and social events

Cons

Some of the challenges I faced were:
    - Seeing good people let go and spending too much time trying to help those who were just not worth it
    - WAY too many meetings
    - Understanding that each division has it's own culture and way of doing things (CHG is not always "one big happy family.")

As CHG continues to grow, it will be hugely important to stay true to your core values and ensure everyone - regardless of division or location - is supporting CHG's "Putting People First" culture.

You don't have to change the person you are to be successful here! I love it!

Current Employee - Recruiting in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. People are friendly and helpful. The CEO knows your name. Leadership style is Servant Leadership. They are about developing you to be the best you can bein whatever carer path you choose.

Cons

Haven't experienced many cons. I feel they should offer more PTO up front vs waiting to be employed for certain amount of time. Only because last company I worked with gave 20 days PTO to all new hires.

More PTO for new hires, Benefits starting day one of employment. Really don't like CHG being in two seperate buildings!

Training and Development

I have been working at CHG Healthcare

Pros

I feel that leadership really cares about me as a person and wants to see me succeed.

Cons

Because we are given so much some people develop a sense of intitlement.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company has a fantastic culture - one of our Core Values is Putting People First and I see illustrations of it everyday.

Cons

Overall it's a great place to work. If I had any feedback it would be that there could be I'd like to see it be a little less sales-y and a little more customer-centric.

Best company to work for!

I have been working at CHG Healthcare

Pros

The company cares about the employees and will help in any way possible. Would recommend to anyone that this would be a great fit for talented people.

Cons

There has been nothing that I would say is a con about working for chg. They have been very supportive of me.

CHG Healthcare Photos

Our people in Salt Lake City celebrate our No. 3 ranking on Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in January 2013.

+ Add Photo