CHG Healthcare

www.chghealthcare.com

CHG Healthcare Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2014
CHG Healthcare – Salt Lake City – “Our people in Salt Lake City celebrate our No…”

CHG Healthcare CEO Michael R. Weinholtz

Michael R. Weinholtz

They focus on being a "great company to work for"... maybe a little too much.

Marketing (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsDepending on the department you observe, most people seem happy to be there. Probably because there are a ton of extra-curricular activities.

ConsThe pros are my cons too. There was so much focus on getting to be in the Fortune list, and other recognition. I felt like I was working hard to no avail. I constantly hit road blocks due to disagreement among departments but it seemed like my focus in my actual job was being outweighed by having a "great work environment"

Great company but some really poor management

Client/Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsBenefits are fantastic. Generous PTO and work life balance is great. They take some employee opinions and make some changes to keep staff happy.

ConsHorrible management on certain teams. High turnover is there for a reason but ignored. Pay is considerably lower than other companies.

Good, not great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCHG has a lot of really good employees and a good work/life balance. The Financial Management team leaders really do seem to do their best to make work a nice place to be. A lot of effort goes into helping their employees grow and improve themselves.

ConsThe pay scale is definitely on the low end no-one seems to really care. Growing into a management position isn't really a viable option on the finance team but if those aren't deal breakers you'll love working at CHG.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of pumping so much money into being on Fortune's 100 best places to work give the people that make CHG what it is a little more compensation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you have nowhere else to work, join chg/comphealth.

Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) Norwalk, CT

Prosmedical benefits and market share, name recognization

Consleadership, culture- only if you enjoy and follow sports, lack of management strength. not able to bring out individual skills, strengths of individuals. cookie cutter mode and mentality

Advice to Senior Managementchange it up, out with poor managers who are not proficient in their field, out with poor managers who are not having positive impact on growth.

You don't have to change the person you are to be successful here! I love it!

Recruiting (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat culture. People are friendly and helpful. The CEO knows your name. Leadership style is Servant Leadership. They are about developing you to be the best you can bein whatever carer path you choose.

ConsHaven't experienced many cons. I feel they should offer more PTO up front vs waiting to be employed for certain amount of time. Only because last company I worked with gave 20 days PTO to all new hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore PTO for new hires, Benefits starting day one of employment. Really don't like CHG being in two seperate buildings!

Too much micromanaging

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsLots of great people work for the company and the different brands. They seem to care about you as an individual.

ConsThey have more managers than they do employees. It really feels like you are micromanaged. Your days are laid out for you and very structured, there is no room for creativity or to be a trusted professional working adult. The environment feels very robotic.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to be individuals and do their jobs without tracking every movement they make.

Interviewed today - Declined Offer

Permanent Placement Recruiter/Sales (Former Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsSounds like a great company. More geared towards people who like to "grind" - 100 cold calls a day is nothing. The numbers on their board going excite you to perform and compete against others. Work life balance sounded great as well. The recruiter and two interviewers I spoke with were very pleasant.

Cons(from #2 of 3 interviewers) - The hiring process is a giant pain. You meet 3 big wigs , you come back and meet 3 managers, you come back and sit with the team for an hour or two, then they make you an offer.

The salary offered was 45k + commission which was NON NEGOTIABLE !!! I explained to the recruiter that the salary was the biggest issue and she assured me that they would be open to talks and is a "case by case" situation. I actually declined speaking with the site director (#3 interviewer) since it was such an issue with the second interviewer. Didn't want to waste their time and felt lied to.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe hiring/interview process was horrible. The recruiter is calling from Utah and has no idea what the process, turn over rates, where training was even. The communication is obviously lacking between sites. You need to stream line this process and recognize talent when you have it in front of you. Wasn't bragging but I backed up all my numbers and results from previous jobs that justified my salary request.

Training and Development

ProsI feel that leadership really cares about me as a person and wants to see me succeed.

ConsBecause we are given so much some people develop a sense of intitlement.

Great place to work

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThis company has a fantastic culture - one of our Core Values is Putting People First and I see illustrations of it everyday.

ConsOverall it's a great place to work. If I had any feedback it would be that there could be I'd like to see it be a little less sales-y and a little more customer-centric.

Best company to work for!

ProsThe company cares about the employees and will help in any way possible. Would recommend to anyone that this would be a great fit for talented people.

ConsThere has been nothing that I would say is a con about working for chg. They have been very supportive of me.

Worked for CHG Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!