CHG Healthcare

CHG Healthcare CEO Michael R. Weinholtz
Michael R. Weinholtz

Applicant

I have been working at CHG Healthcare

Pros

Nice to your face. That's just being kind. Z Z Z Z Z Z Z

Cons

Do not apply! Waste of time! They wouldn't know a qualified candidate if it bit them in the butt.

Wake up and re-evaluate your hiring practices! Don't have low level employees conduct interviews. They don't have the skill, maturity or intellect to pick a good candidate!

They're on Fortune's Top 100 List and they'll be sure to shove that down your throat

I worked at CHG Healthcare

Pros

Benefits are decent, but that's about it

Cons

The pay is crap
    Very cut throat and stressful work environment, even if you're doing your job right/well
    Leadership shoves their "Putting People First" motto down your throat without actually living by it
    Best not to confide in management because it will most likely be used against you
    Not many chances to move up
    Long, drawn out 8 week training program that only focuses on one position, not others
    It's a glorified call center, you're on the phone from the minute you punch in to when you punch out

Get better leaders
    Live by the company values
    Stop micro-managing

recruiter

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, work life benefits, flexibility

Cons

There is a fair amount of politic at every level

Employee Friendly

I worked at CHG Healthcare

Pros

Very employee friendly. Good benefits.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities, very stressful work environment.

Free to be me at CHG

Current Employee - NON-SALES MANAGER in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - NON-SALES MANAGER in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

CHG is such an inclusive, diverse company. Benefits are designed to accommodate all walks of life. I've been with the company for more than 10 years and had many unique growth opportunities. I couldn't dream of working for a more supportive group of people. I love the continued investment in leadership!

Cons

I'd be hard-pressed to find any. It would be ungrateful nit-picking honestly, such as I don't like the color of the walls in my office (which I do).....

Keep investing in people first. The rest will fall into place naturally!

Total Integrity

Current Contractor - Physician Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Contractor - Physician Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very ethical staff, take a personal interest in their travelers. I know from personal experience that Michael Weinholtz (CEO) is a decent human being who takes a personal interest in *all* employees of CHG, whatever their level. I am a health care provider (physician assistant) who has worked on and off with CHG over 21 years.

Cons

No paid time off or benefits between assignments

Please provide more comprehensive benefits to your health care providers, There are some of us who work most months of the year, but do not get paid time off, CME money, or paid health care/ disability when we get sick or injured. I know that I myself would do locums the rest of my career if there were more secure and ongoing benefits. As I am very healthy but now in my 50s,I may be looking at a permanent position when I would prefer to do locums. And I am highly regarded as a provider and well-liked among clients.

A lot of hard work, a lot of payoff

I have been working at CHG Healthcare

Pros

One of the best companies to work for in Utah. Great culture.

Cons

Lots of hours to become successful

Too demanding in some departments. Management on some teams are not the right fit.

Current Employee - Credentialing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Credentialing in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Company values are moving in the right direction, and Senior management are fun to be around.

Cons

Training management better on teams. Make them realize that numbers aren't everything and making sure they don't favoritism certain people on teams. I have been in the same spot for the last six years and have never been offered an opportunity to move ahead. I believe management on my team should not be so friendly with co-workers since in the long wrong they may have to fire them. Also I think they focus on being more engaged that what they should be doing and that is working. Too much talking not enough working. I have always been taught that if you have time to talk you have time to be doing something to benefit the company or help your team.

Look at pay, 401K increase, and go through management to make sure you truly have the right people in there positions. I would also add that they need to make sure that people are being respected and that they are getting the training they need to do there jobs.

Deceiving and very high pressure sales

Former Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Health benefits are great. There is a clinic in the building that is convenient.

Cons

Deceitful about the sales. The job is cold calling all day. You have to make 50 outbound calls a day. Managers are constantly asking you to report tedious things such as your last conversation with certain clients. Really stressful to keep up with the managers constant requests for updates.

Fits me very well but it is not for everyone

Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good compensation for those who work hard, excellent benefits and amenities for the staff, gym, yoga, game room, health center, etc. The culture fits me well and keeps me engaged. The company stands by its core values and one of those is ethics and integrity. That feels good that they are a company I can trust. I do believe the management really works hard to make sure people are happy and want to be there for the long term. The leadership is solid and I don't see a lot of micromanaging so long as you do your job well.

Cons

Not for everyone, there is a decent amount of turnover. Sales is hard and I see some people working hard and having a hard time building success, others just dont have what it takes or have average work ethic. There definitely is a personality that suits this job, super positive and outgoing. If you just want a 8-5 or something to pay the bills, this probably isnt the best place to work.

Cant really think of anything major

CHG Healthcare Photos

Our people in Salt Lake City celebrate our No. 3 ranking on Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in January 2013.

+ Add Photo