CHG Healthcare Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.2

CHG Healthcare CEO Michael R. Weinholtz
Michael R. Weinholtz

Great place to work with friendly culture and leadership team

I have been working at CHG Healthcare for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture with fun environment.
    Generous PTO and above average benefits.

Cons

Pay is on the low end for finance and accounting.
    Minimal opportunity for growth and promotions if you're a technical leader and not a people leader.

They focus on being a "great company to work for"... maybe a little too much.

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Depending on the department you observe, most people seem happy to be there. Probably because there are a ton of extra-curricular activities.

Cons

The pros are my cons too. There was so much focus on getting to be in the Fortune list, and other recognition. I felt like I was working hard to no avail. I constantly hit road blocks due to disagreement among departments but it seemed like my focus in my actual job was being outweighed by having a "great work environment"

Great company but some really poor management

Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are fantastic. Generous PTO and work life balance is great. They take some employee opinions and make some changes to keep staff happy.

Cons

Horrible management on certain teams. High turnover is there for a reason but ignored. Pay is considerably lower than other companies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good, not great.

I worked at CHG Healthcare

Pros

CHG has a lot of really good employees and a good work/life balance. The Financial Management team leaders really do seem to do their best to make work a nice place to be. A lot of effort goes into helping their employees grow and improve themselves.

Cons

The pay scale is definitely on the low end no-one seems to really care. Growing into a management position isn't really a viable option on the finance team but if those aren't deal breakers you'll love working at CHG.

Instead of pumping so much money into being on Fortune's 100 best places to work give the people that make CHG what it is a little more compensation.

If you have nowhere else to work, join chg/comphealth.

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter  in  Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Norwalk, CT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

medical benefits and market share, name recognization

Cons

leadership, culture- only if you enjoy and follow sports, lack of management strength. not able to bring out individual skills, strengths of individuals. cookie cutter mode and mentality

change it up, out with poor managers who are not proficient in their field, out with poor managers who are not having positive impact on growth.

You don't have to change the person you are to be successful here! I love it!

Current Employee - Recruiting  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture. People are friendly and helpful. The CEO knows your name. Leadership style is Servant Leadership. They are about developing you to be the best you can bein whatever carer path you choose.

Cons

Haven't experienced many cons. I feel they should offer more PTO up front vs waiting to be employed for certain amount of time. Only because last company I worked with gave 20 days PTO to all new hires.

More PTO for new hires, Benefits starting day one of employment. Really don't like CHG being in two seperate buildings!

Too much micromanaging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of great people work for the company and the different brands. They seem to care about you as an individual.

Cons

They have more managers than they do employees. It really feels like you are micromanaged. Your days are laid out for you and very structured, there is no room for creativity or to be a trusted professional working adult. The environment feels very robotic.

Allow employees to be individuals and do their jobs without tracking every movement they make.

Interviewed today - Declined Offer

Former Employee - Permanent Placement Recruiter/Sales  in  Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Permanent Placement Recruiter/Sales in Norwalk, CT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sounds like a great company. More geared towards people who like to "grind" - 100 cold calls a day is nothing. The numbers on their board going excite you to perform and compete against others. Work life balance sounded great as well. The recruiter and two interviewers I spoke with were very pleasant.

Cons

(from #2 of 3 interviewers) - The hiring process is a giant pain. You meet 3 big wigs , you come back and meet 3 managers, you come back and sit with the team for an hour or two, then they make you an offer.

The salary offered was 45k + commission which was NON NEGOTIABLE !!! I explained to the recruiter that the salary was the biggest issue and she assured me that they would be open to talks and is a "case by case" situation. I actually declined speaking with the site director (#3 interviewer) since it was such an issue with the second interviewer. Didn't want to waste their time and felt lied to.

The hiring/interview process was horrible. The recruiter is calling from Utah and has no idea what the process, turn over rates, where training was even. The communication is obviously lacking between sites. You need to stream line this process and recognize talent when you have it in front of you. Wasn't bragging but I backed up all my numbers and results from previous jobs that justified my salary request.

Training and Development

I have been working at CHG Healthcare

Pros

I feel that leadership really cares about me as a person and wants to see me succeed.

Cons

Because we are given so much some people develop a sense of intitlement.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has a fantastic culture - one of our Core Values is Putting People First and I see illustrations of it everyday.

Cons

Overall it's a great place to work. If I had any feedback it would be that there could be I'd like to see it be a little less sales-y and a little more customer-centric.

Worked for CHG Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!