CHOC Children's
jobs.chocchildrens.org Orange, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

CHOC Children's Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Kim Cripe

Tough times but moving in the right direction

Orange, CA

ProsThe mission, the people, the culture!! The leadership team is doing a great job in trying to constantly communicate updates, keep us informed, and even ask for our opinions on decisions. Not too common out there. The folks at the top, especially Kim, care about the people and are always trying to do what is best for everyone despite how hard it is to make some decisions. Thank you!

ConsTemporary, but the organization is going through some tough times

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work...please continue to communicate as much as possible. I know how tough these times are and you are having to make tough decisions. We all have a lot of confidence in you in making those decisions. Thank you!

Fantastically Fullfilling

Orange, CA

ProsI was a in middle management within the brand new laboratory in the new tower. The support from upper management was fantastic and the commitment to the health and welfare of children was tremendous and demonstrated daily.

ConsThe corporate culture is very conservative. Suits and ties for all managers and above.

Hello

Massage Therapist (Current Employee)
    Orange, CA

ProsGreat people great place !

ConsNone that i can think of

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe staff is amazing. The volunteers are incredibly helpful. The new building is so beautiful. The care is competent. It's a great place to work or volunteer. If pediatrics is your thing, then this is the place for you.

ConsCan get confused with St. Joseph Hospital. They are known for only hiring the best of the best because they are magnet. It is very competitive.

Great work environment, treated fairly

Patient Billing (Former Employee)

ProsSupervisors / Management takes constructive feedback
    A lot of people passionate about their work

ConsCan be stressful at times, but that is an obvious reality in this industry

Great place to work!

Administrative (Current Employee)
    Orange, CA

ProsPeople that work there truly care about the children. It's a great work environment; the people are nice and treat each other with respect. It's a very exciting time with the grand opening of the new hospital tower coming soon!

ConsThe office technology for employees is a bit outdated. But in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice at this time.

Great place to grow and care for children!

Continuing Medical Education Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Orange, CA

ProsCHOC has an incredible culture of care for patients, their families and associates. CHOC fosters a positive, teamwork environment. With the opening of the new tower in 2013, there are numerous clinical opportunities available.

ConsBecause we are in a building phase, traffic is sometimes congested, plan your trip to CHOC 15 minutes earlier than scheduled appointment. Associates should use the employee parking shuttle service and avoid crossing at the busy intersections.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue great communication strategies.

Good patient care opportunity

Technician (Current Employee)
    Orange, CA

ProsReasonable work-life balance. Opportunity to grow in knowledge of disease processes and patient care. Employer is committed to ergonomics, safety and working together to be a better team. Opportunity for short and long term disability insurance, health, dental and vision insurance as well as life insurance. The company is going through Lean Six Sigma and Pyramid transformation. It is a pruning time and will be followed by growth. Management and physicians are learning to work more as a team.

ConsNo concrete career growth opportunity for all positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to investigate tracking sources to problem solve work flow issues.

CHOC Children's Hospital

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Orange, CA

ProsGood work life balance, strong executive management team, lot of growth attributed to the new tower for clinical and ancillary staff

ConsNothing to share at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Volunteer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNot much to do at times

Worked for CHOC Children's? Contribute to the Community!

CHOC Children's Videos

CHOC Children's – Why Work for Us?

For more than 45 years, CHOC Children’s has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CHOC Children's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CHOC Children's CEO Kim Cripe. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by CHOC Children's employees.