CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care

3.1

Patrick Carrier

Great company

I have been working at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care

Pros

Reasonable productivity standards, great co-workers

Cons

None that I can think of.

Good place to work, but watch out for the hospital administrators!

Former Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, treated each other like family. Company does good job preaching their Core Values and trying to live by them.

Cons

Low pay for certain career fields, management does not seem to care about more technical career fields they know nothing about or their needs, such as equipment, training, etc. They also will lay off employees without warning when cutbacks are directed by Corporate office.

Please pay your technical employees more; this company has the lowest pay rate for medical workers in the San Antonio area, which is why you are having such a terrible time with retaining employees. Also, even though you are non-profit, please recognize the needs of the more professionally-oriented areas within the hospitals. Even though you preach Stewardship as a core value, there are pieces of equipment I was working with that were over 20 years old. It really made me concerned for my patients that were using such antiquated equipment.

alright company

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

it was a job and there insurance that they provided actually helped pay for vitro/fertilization when trying to get pregnant

Cons

pay is horrible...management really didnt help with any situations....very unorganized company....benefits were okay

get off your butt

u

I worked at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good work environment among fellow employees

Cons

lack of help, no support,

?

Morals and Ethics are backwards

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Several locations throughout the US and flexible scheduling. Also there are several job opportunities to choose from in these locations. Employees are friendly.

Cons

Mediocre benefits and lack of paid holiday's. Also the communication from upper management is unexistent. Doesn't stand by and adhere to values.

Please exhibit a more caring attitude towards employees

Christian oriented organization?

I worked at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This organization pays well. Great locations. Great Benefits.

Cons

I came here believing the hype that this was a good Christian environment and that there were great employee support systems. Claims to be a very Christian oriented organization, claims that employees are treated with great consideration and without prejudice. This is not true. I have never worked in an organization that works so hard to mistreat it's employees and allows it's employees to mistreat each other. Guilty til proven innocent and even then your still in the wrong. The support system is a failure. It is the word/opinion of "one" that matters.
     Nothing is confidential. It was very disheartening.

Live up to the image you convey. Starting with management! Leading by "GOOD" example. There are many many unhappy employees and the unhappiness is created by management. Those of us who work hard, go above and beyond, working 40-60 hours not cause we have to, but because we want to ensure the job is done right meeting not only the organizations standards, but meeting our own standards.

Stop allowing middle management the power to negligently destroy the desire and drive that many employees started with. All this has done is transform that desire and drive into anger and discontent.

Make this Christian organization a better place for the staff, creating a positive and productive workplace intern it will make it a much better place for the patient's and their families.

Great family place to work

I have been working at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care

Pros

Family atmosphere - - -

Cons

Job security - - -

Non clinical people are underrated and seen as expendable.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care

Pros

Except for upper management, it was a pleasant place to work. Upper management didn't seem to be in touch with the workings of the hospital.

Cons

Christus first cut the hours of the non clinical people and eventually laid off more than 100 people within the past year. They kept the merit pay that they were withholding for the people they laid off. There is absolutely no job security with this company. The insurance plan is ridiculous; you have to fight to get them to pay for anything. Definitely not an an employee oriented company.

A Great Place for New Nurses

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Angelo, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Angelo, TX

I have been working at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care

Pros

Valued as an employee. The most friendly hospital towards patients and employees in San Antonio. One the best and longest orientation program for new nurses in San Antonio.

Cons

During peak months an outside agency for 'travel' nurses who are not as familiar with the community atmosphere of Santa Rosa are brought in.

Should form a personal relationship with both day shift and night shift, not just the one you typically work under.

Wasnt happy

I worked at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care

Pros

The ability to transfer was present with the multiple campuses. Resources were easy to access when things were in question

Cons

Benefits were not good. Seemed like the insurance company would try to find ever reason not to pay for services, after a high deductible was met. The management was not supportive of growth with younger associates. Management was also not very knowledgable or patient oriented.
    Felt like focus was not put on how to improve patient care and reach higher goals (better recognitions), but boasting on the few minor recognitions they have received in the past

Listen to your employees more. Get management to support internal growth with their associates. Review the benefits and see how they would fit with employees and real-life circumstances and costs.