CI Financial Income

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

CI Financial Income President & CEO Derek J. Green

Derek J. Green

Learned great things, met great people, have completed so much.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at CI Financial Income

ProsThe staff and the location are prime and it is never a dull moment.

ConsLong term benefits plan should be looked at.

Advice to Senior ManagementMay want to consider work from home options for staff whose jobs can accommodate.

Nice place to work. Planning could be better

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CI Financial Income

ProsMost people are fun to work with.

ConsMore corporate communication is necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication directly to employees about the corporate startegy, and more transparency in the management oprocess.

sharp questions asked may not get feedback

Senior Tax Adm (Current Employee)

Proslike American company, Yong and competitive

Conslaid off the people too much

Advice to Senior Managementthe policy should not be double standard.

Great atmosphere, good pay, but lacking in some imporant areas.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CI Financial Income

ProsI believe that the best reason is the positive working environment. It may be because I've been fortunate to be working on a great department with management that is both fair and intelligent, giving me the space that I require to do my work. I've been at other workplaces where management is poor and unfair to the staff, and in my opinion the atmosphere provided by management makes all the difference.
Another reason would be some of the benefits, which seem to be better than other workplaces on average. Medical seems to be more than sufficient (I've never paid a penny for any drugs prescribed to me, which I've never experienced before), and dental is very good as well. At times I'm surprised that certain things are covered, for example my wife's maternity compression stockings - something that was not really required and thus I figured were an out of pocket cost - were fully covered.
Also, the pay seems to be quite decent here. I have the feeling that some people might find this to be untrue, but personally I believe that my pay is fair, compared to some other places that I have worked, where it was obvious that everyone was getting underpaid. I'm content with my pay thus far, and would categorize the salaries here as average to above average.

ConsThe greatest downside without a doubt is the lack of any pension plan or retirement plan. I find that most companies have an incentive for pension and retirement plans where the company will match your contribution up to a certain percentage of your pay. There is no such thing here - you are on your own when it comes to saving for retirement. Considering the wide availability of this elsewhere, I think this is a huge negative, and I know people that have left for this specific reason. This is actually the main reason why I continue to look for work elsewhere. The way it's going now with a growing family and bills to pay, I'm not ever going to retire.
Another downside is that there is no bonus at the end of the year. Only certain managers and executives get bonuses, which really can hurt you come Christmas time. I'm used to getting a bonus every year from my other jobs, and I think this is the norm in the financial industry. Not here though.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways try to give everyone a bonus, especially if you say that we are had a great fiscal year!! And introduce a pension and rrsp contribution matching program - everyone else does it, and it's important for us to know that you are thinking of us all the way to retirement.

Worked for CI Financial Income? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CI Financial Income reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CI Financial Income CEO Derek J. Green. All reviews posted anonymously by CI Financial Income employees.