CI-Group
www.ci-group.com Whitehouse, NJ 50 to 149 Employees

CI-Group Reviews

Updated Mar 7, 2014

Eric Turiansky

Good place to start, Great place to end up.

I have been working at CI-Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThis is a small company atmosphere that generates long-term friendships and a great career foundation
Great benefits - health, investment, life insurance
Good for your resume
Variety of departments - ability to transfer if you get bored of one department
Great resources to learn skills
CI-Group Culture is like a family
Nice, passionate, dedicated people
Great team environment
Competitive environment
Wealth of knowledge earned
Always noticed if you're good at what you do
No turnover in upper management
Upper management is almost always available and easy to talk to
Lots of celebration

Cons1/2 of building is updated and other half is far from it
Very fast paced / High stress environment
Building opens early and closes late - long hours are encouraged
Multiple systems changing very often

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication, Communication, Communication.

Great Opportunity

I have been working at CI-Group full-time

ProsThere are many diverse areas of this company ... this makes each work day exciting and new. Love the people that work here & their dedication to the clientele. Terrific learning experience at CI-Group. It seems like management wants you to excel - they are always offering internal & external classes on different aspects of daily work activities.

ConsSome of the office is out-dated ... but they are updating sections at a time making it feel like you are walking into a high end New York City office.

Great first job & wonderful learning experience!

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Whitehouse Station, NJ

I worked at CI-Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA fast paced environment, awesome client portfolio & tight knit team. Great place to learn about different facets of marketing as well as gain knowledge of various industries. Laid back dress code, decent hours & fun employee events. Overall employees are friendly & always there to help. Office environment is in the process of being updated & modernized. Great health benefits!

ConsSmaller agency, not too much room to move up - however excellence and strong performance is usually recognized. Location is not ideal for those not living nearby.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to challenge & train new talent. A more performance based compensation structure for those handling client accounts could go a long way in terms of up selling the business.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tough but Fair

I have been working at CI-Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellence, the people, everyone works together regardless of position. It is a place that will really help you reach your potential if you give 100% you will get 100% and learn a lot about who you are. Hard work is rewarded, you are recognized for the effort you put forth. When the chips are down you couldn't ask for a better group of people to be there in the trenches with you. The standards of work at CI are simply top notch, the clients expect the best and that is what is instilled into the employees.

ConsHigh stress environment, if you don't know how to mitigate your stress during and after work it is something that could easily overwhelm a person. The training here has gotten better over the years but there is still a long way to go. It is a sink or swim environment with a flotation device at times. It can be frustrating for new hires, it seems a lot of times they have one expectation of what working at CI will be like while reality is very different.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with all levels of the company, work with new hires more to give them a better sense of the amazing place they are employed. Make them feel like they belong. Be more consistent in instructions from senior management. Formalize the interviewing process and ensure that prospects really have an understanding of what and who we are, where we are going and the amazing family they are joining!

Great people

I have been working at CI-Group full-time

ProsThe staff is made up of great people who really care. Managment feels education and growth are important. Most of their management is made up of "home grown" talent that started out in entry level positions and worked their way up. They tend to give people as much responsibility as they can handle. The work is diverse due to so many services. Most of the clients are household names.

ConsIt is a demanding environment. There is real importance placed on growth which can be challenging particularly if you don't take your career seriously. Fortune 500 clients can be difficult to "make happy".

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great company with great people, now figure out how to make it grow.

The type of job you would dread to have...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CI-Group full-time for less than a year

ProsMostly a young staff with a casual dress code...yeah that is about it...

ConsLow pay, bad benefits, outdated decor. As for work, you will be horribly micro-managed down to writing internal emails. Upper management is a joke. Do not waste your time here.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude all employees in decisions/opinions rather than just listening to the word of the terrible management team..

Worst job experience of my life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CI-Group full-time for less than a year

ProsI simply cannot come up with any pros with this company since I was hired and then fired within 30 days.

ConsFired within 30 days. Approx 30 people over 1 year were hired and then fired within 30 days. It seems they hire and fire for sport. Legal, yet unethical.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should offer computer proficiency testing prior to hiring if your speed and accuracy will be judged within a week or two. They should educate their employees on sexual harassment, as I considered suing them on this while I withstood vile language during my 12 hour days in the warehouse doing heavy lifting. Why an account manager should have to work 12 hour days in a freezing cold warehouse doing heavy lifting is beyond me. Again, legal, yet unethical. They should not play with people's lives and livelihoods the way they do. If I knew I only had about a 10% chance of surviving there, I would not have let go of 3/4 of my income. Shame on you. As I decided not to sue only because I feared retaliation, I will make a commitment to sharing my experiences publicly. A former employee told me that they learned NOT to learn people's names with the new hires, simply because chances were that they would not be sticking around. Horrible.

Fast Turn Over

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
Whitehouse Station, NJ

I worked at CI-Group full-time for less than a year

ProsAbility to shine if you can handle the stress.

ConsIf you aren't constantly busy or running around you aren't considered working.

My experience has been a completely positive one!

Whitehouse, NJ

I have been working at CI-Group

ProsCompany has allowed me to re-enter the work place while allowing for a balance between work and family. I have been challenged with meaningful assignments. The employees I interact with are all very focused, productive, and appear to be happy working here. Most perform with a strong sense of ownership/pride of their work and the company.

ConsMost (not all) of the office space is old decor but at least spacious, neat, and clean. Medium size company of 50 employees allows for opportunity for talented and motivated employees but hard to avoid difficult personalities.

incredible environment for growth

Whitehouse, NJ

I have been working at CI-Group

Pros- people - strong work ethic, bright, strong character, varied backgrounds
- most seem to care about the work, each other and the company's success
- new experiences and opportunity to learn on a daily basis
- great clients
- good environment to work your way up
- will be constantly challenged
- management supports the growth of it's staff
- stable company that has been growing consistently or 25 years

Cons- not for people who don't care about the quality of the job.
- some take issue with being expected to work hard and constantly improve.
- will not be kept around if your not good.
- Whitehouse is not exactly a thriving metropolis.

Worked for CI-Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CI-Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CI-Group CEO Eric Turiansky. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by CI-Group employees.