CI-Group

Updated May 13, 2014
3.9

Eric Turiansky

Happy to be here!

I have been working at CI-Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A fast paced & demanding environment that is full of dedicated people. We have high-end clients who require a high level of service. Although sometimes it is stressful, I come to work each morning looking forward to what new challenges the day may bring & seeing my “work family”. It is amazing to be a part of a group of people who come together to get what some may refer to as “the impossible” done. The employees at CI-Group strive to overcome any & all obstacles. There is nothing that we, as a team, cannot do! It is an exciting place to work. I have done things I never thought that I would do & I have learned a lot in my time spent here. The casual dress code is great & there is always someone to talk to if you have a problem or need a second opinion. People from all different departments will pitch in to get any job done, no questions asked – if help is needed, it’s given

Cons

The décor in some areas may seem slightly out dated to some – but renovations are in the works!

Keep up the good work! The improvements/changes that have been & are being made are great!

Jun 16, 2014Human Resources Coordinator

We are thankful for the positive feedback! CI-Group is the company it is today because of employees like you who have the passion, commitment and drive to excel and succeed on a daily basis. Your ... More

Awesome experience!

I have been working at CI-Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great clients and even better staff. The building is filled with high energy, smart, passionate people. Due to the culture of promoting from within, everyone in the organization has the ability to go "from the mailroom to the boardroom".

New decor is fantastic.

Cons

Everyone really cares about the clients and each other. That allows them to consistently perform at a high level. If you can't keep up, you will become overwhelmed and you won't last.

Keep the ball rolling! The future is bright.

Jun 16, 2014Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy your job, your clients and your co-workers. Management continues to work hard to provide the support needed in this environment ... More

Great Opportunity

I have been working at CI-Group full-time

Pros

There are many diverse areas of this company ... this makes each work day exciting and new. Love the people that work here & their dedication to the clientele. Terrific learning experience at CI-Group. It seems like management wants you to excel - they are always offering internal & external classes on different aspects of daily work activities.

Cons

Some of the office is out-dated ... but they are updating sections at a time making it feel like you are walking into a high end New York City office.

May 13, 2014Human Resources Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback. We are happy that you enjoy working at CI-Group. You are correct in that our staff is amazing. We are working hard to improve the appearance of the office, and are making ... More

Great first job & wonderful learning experience!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Whitehouse Station, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Whitehouse Station, NJ

I worked at CI-Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A fast paced environment, awesome client portfolio & tight knit team. Great place to learn about different facets of marketing as well as gain knowledge of various industries. Laid back dress code, decent hours & fun employee events. Overall employees are friendly & always there to help. Office environment is in the process of being updated & modernized. Great health benefits!

Cons

Smaller agency, not too much room to move up - however excellence and strong performance is usually recognized. Location is not ideal for those not living nearby.

Continue to challenge & train new talent. A more performance based compensation structure for those handling client accounts could go a long way in terms of up selling the business.

May 13, 2014Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your review. CI-Group strives to reward our employees with fun events like our recent Cinco de Mayo party - our way of recognizing the hard work that everyone does on a day-to-day ... More

Good place to start, Great place to end up.

I have been working at CI-Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is a small company atmosphere that generates long-term friendships and a great career foundation
    Great benefits - health, investment, life insurance
    Good for your resume
    Variety of departments - ability to transfer if you get bored of one department
    Great resources to learn skills
    CI-Group Culture is like a family
    Nice, passionate, dedicated people
    Great team environment
    Competitive environment
    Wealth of knowledge earned
    Always noticed if you're good at what you do
    No turnover in upper management
    Upper management is almost always available and easy to talk to
    Lots of celebration

Cons

1/2 of building is updated and other half is far from it
    Very fast paced / High stress environment
    Building opens early and closes late - long hours are encouraged
    Multiple systems changing very often

Communication, Communication, Communication.

May 13, 2014Human Resources Coordinator

Feedback is very important to us and we appreciate yours. While we understand that we are in a fast-paced, high stress environment, we hope that some of our employee parties including celebrations of ... More

Tough but Fair

I have been working at CI-Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellence, the people, everyone works together regardless of position. It is a place that will really help you reach your potential if you give 100% you will get 100% and learn a lot about who you are. Hard work is rewarded, you are recognized for the effort you put forth. When the chips are down you couldn't ask for a better group of people to be there in the trenches with you. The standards of work at CI are simply top notch, the clients expect the best and that is what is instilled into the employees.

Cons

High stress environment, if you don't know how to mitigate your stress during and after work it is something that could easily overwhelm a person. The training here has gotten better over the years but there is still a long way to go. It is a sink or swim environment with a flotation device at times. It can be frustrating for new hires, it seems a lot of times they have one expectation of what working at CI will be like while reality is very different.

Be more involved with all levels of the company, work with new hires more to give them a better sense of the amazing place they are employed. Make them feel like they belong. Be more consistent in instructions from senior management. Formalize the interviewing process and ensure that prospects really have an understanding of what and who we are, where we are going and the amazing family they are joining!

May 13, 2014Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback. CI-Group is working hard to make training programs more readily available so that employees feel more confident and supported in their current roles. Senior ... More

Great people

I have been working at CI-Group full-time

Pros

The staff is made up of great people who really care. Managment feels education and growth are important. Most of their management is made up of "home grown" talent that started out in entry level positions and worked their way up. They tend to give people as much responsibility as they can handle. The work is diverse due to so many services. Most of the clients are household names.

Cons

It is a demanding environment. There is real importance placed on growth which can be challenging particularly if you don't take your career seriously. Fortune 500 clients can be difficult to "make happy".

You have a great company with great people, now figure out how to make it grow.

May 13, 2014Human Resources Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback and are happy you feel that you work in an environment where everyone truly cares about their job and one another. We work hard to show our employees that we appreciate ... More

The type of job you would dread to have...

I worked at CI-Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mostly a young staff with a casual dress code...yeah that is about it...

Cons

Low pay, bad benefits, outdated decor. As for work, you will be horribly micro-managed down to writing internal emails. Upper management is a joke. Do not waste your time here.

Include all employees in decisions/opinions rather than just listening to the word of the terrible management team..

May 13, 2014Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time with CI-Group. We wish you future success.

Worst job experience of my life.

I worked at CI-Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I simply cannot come up with any pros with this company since I was hired and then fired within 30 days.

Cons

Fired within 30 days. Approx 30 people over 1 year were hired and then fired within 30 days. It seems they hire and fire for sport. Legal, yet unethical.

They should offer computer proficiency testing prior to hiring if your speed and accuracy will be judged within a week or two. They should educate their employees on sexual harassment, as I considered suing them on this while I withstood vile language during my 12 hour days in the warehouse doing heavy lifting. Why an account manager should have to work 12 hour days in a freezing cold warehouse doing heavy lifting is beyond me. Again, legal, yet unethical. They should not play with people's lives and livelihoods the way they do. If I knew I only had about a 10% chance of surviving there, I would not have let go of 3/4 of my income. Shame on you. As I decided not to sue only because I feared retaliation, I will make a commitment to sharing my experiences publicly. A former employee told me that they learned NOT to learn people's names with the new hires, simply because chances were that they would not be sticking around. Horrible.

Fast Turn Over

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Whitehouse Station, NJ
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Whitehouse Station, NJ

I worked at CI-Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to shine if you can handle the stress.

Cons

If you aren't constantly busy or running around you aren't considered working.