CIBT

Updated Mar 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Donoghue

It's a good place to work.

Visa & Passport Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosemployees treated with respect, fun workplace culture, paid holidays, relatively flexible scheduling, work is not too exhausting, training is very good, full benefits

Consfew to no opportunities for advancement (it seems), extremely strict policies with regard to being on time, work is not hugely interesting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIt is a job, job, job.

ConsPressure and stress of meeting someone else' s deadline.

Leadership Not Invested in Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsNext to the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner. Adjacent to the Tysons Galleria Mall. Global company that is growing rapidly.

ConsMost of the leadership is from MCI and has only been in place for 2 to 4 years. Clique environment. Employees are openly made fun of and sometimes ridiculed. Lack of long-term planning. Projects are managed inefficiently and rework is required in most cases. Directives are handed down and suggestions and feedback from employees are not considered. 360 reviews and feedback are non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentor and invest in all of your employees. Build out a 10-15 year plan. Focus on building a business that will not fall apart once you are gone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a great place to work but there's little opportunity for growth

Visa and Passport Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI love most of my coworkers, and the atmosphere is very cooperative. I feel like my good work is appreciated, and I feel accountable for my work. The view from the office is magnificent (Millennium Park and Lake Michigan). Very predictable hours if you're a fast worker. Management is easy to get along with. Downtown location is very convenient.

ConsPay could be better, and raises are small. There is little opportunity to take initiative if you want to take more responsibility. There is little/no opportunity for advancement in the Chicago office unless someone were to leave. The work is pretty mundane but really not bad. Overtime can be necessary if you are slow or get a difficult file.

CIBT has been a great company to work for with lots of advancement opportunities

ProsGood benefits paid for by the company, advancement opportunities

ConsSalaries are lower upon hire but benefits to compensate

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter systems are needed

Visa specialist

ProsFew of them, perhaps the fact that healthcare is good enough but it is not saying much considering how healthcare is expensive and treated differently by companies.

ConsMany. Restricted time off (5 months out of the year!), stress and pressure, overtime (paid but still, it seems to be impossible to avoid it without missing key deadlines), constant victimization from both countries attended to and management which commits many, many mistakes that are suffered by the front line people, obsession with customer service when little of it is rendered by management itself which comes across as completely incompetent, obsession with profits at all costs and mostly at the detriment of the front line staff and middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to anyone considering employment there is don' t! You will thank me for it.

Avoid this place like the plague!!

Visa and Passport Specialist (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt offers health insurance. But that's about it.

ConsLow pay for all the stress and harassment you'll receive. Unless someone quits, gets fired or dies, there is absolutely NO room for advancement. Pay raises are never more then a measly 30 cents or so. The harder you work, the more you'll be harassed and ridiculed. A compliment is never given without a gripe about your ability to do your job, even if you're an excellent employee doing your best. Expect to be be threatened with a "job security" speech daily. Vacation is offered, but at least 5 months out of the year are restricted. And when only 1 person can take time off at a time, you wonder what the point of even offering it is. Don't expect to have a life outside of CIBT. You're expected to be a robot with no feelings or life of your own outside of work. Upper management in the corporate office is a mess. They couldn't care less about their employees, talk poorly about employees to other employees, make big mistakes and poor choices and then force their employees to fix the problems. Company is extremely profit driven and will work you into the ground until you just can't take it anymore. But don't ever expect to benefit from rising profits aside from the measly salary you'll take home. Employees, especially long term employees are leaving right and left whether or not they have something else lined up. In this economy, that has to tell you something...

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that your employees are people, not robots. Start treating them with respect and stop harassing them. Stop writing people up for getting sick or for having to tend to a family emergency. And most importantly, realize that happy employees = happy customers. Your current business model is going to drive CIBT right into the ground. This used to be a great place to work, but as of 3 years ago, it's now one of the worst. It's time to wake up and realize this.

Always learning something new

Visa and Passport Specialist (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsMonday - Friday workplace, some overtime when needed,

Consdo not get normal vacation time or personal, sick days. have to accumulate hours in order to receive any time off.

Unbelievable - Inhuman

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosnothing worth mention that would make it better

Cons-Under staffed
    -Over worked
    -Unprofessional management
    -Unsanitary work place
    -Broken down equipment
    -Offensive conversation topics

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like human. Ever took the time to wonder why employees are dropping like flies . Build your employees don't belittle them , remember happy motivated employees equals happy customers equals successful company. BTW keep an watchful eye on your so call management team , you might also enjoy their Facebook comments and online shopping experiences while on company time and everyone is slaving away

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFair with PTO for the most part

ConsTerrible environment, management does not care about employees as much as they care about pleasing corporate

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a bit more reasonable with employee expectations.

Worked for CIBT? Contribute to the Community!