CIDC

CIDC COO Tim Dent

Tim Dent

Software Group Manager

Software Group Manager (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsGreat people, great environment, satisfying work

ConsCIDC is being closed down by its parent company. There is no future.

All good things must come to an end...

ProsThe employees were its best assets. They were committed to see the company succeed. Management was cognizant of work/life balance. Flexibility in allowing employees to work remotely when needed.

ConsExternal market forces caused profitability to suffer. Questionable decisions were made by some members of Senior Management (who were not familiar with our core business) that ended up costing the company financially and set the table for its decline. There was a perceived lack of support from our European parent company.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late now... but if they (our parent company) left our Senior Management in place instead of bringing in inexperienced managers we would still be viable.

A roller coaster ride for the last several years, with its ups & downs; definitely on the up in 2012.

Software Product Development (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsSome people describe CIDC as a 10 year-old start-up. What they mean is that CIDC needs to behave like a start-up and get back into business growth mode. Be company-wide focused with
    flexibility, adaptability, and innovation.

But CIDC is10 years old, with a talented workforce, a depth of domain expertise, an enterprise approach to their online gaming platform and services, and a healthy respect for their players.

It is this combination that makes CIDC a challenging, and also great, place to work.

ConsThe executive management and corporate ownership changes of the recent years have had their toll on the company's morale, its ability to maintain focus, its ability execute. CIDC is not for the faint of heart.

In October of 2011 CIDC became a stand-alone company again, with a new CEO (a 10 year CIDC veteran) and a charter to runs its own business. Early results indicate the previous downsides are being eliminated.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good opportunities, exciting industry

ProsGood benefits
    Product are exciting (Online Poker and Casino)
    Good opportunities for employee to grow
    Huge potential for growth (US) in the coming years

ConsMarket are tough right now in Europe, everyone is waiting for the US to regulate, but the strategy about it is not extremely clear.
    Top management changes too often, complete lack of decision between June and October 2011
    Integration with the sister companies of the group is tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn 2011 Group decisions were very disruptive for the company, multiple change of top management, reorganization, ...
    Aymeric provided a good dynamic to the company and made meaningful changes but struggled with Group decisions that was not clear and constantly changing.
    The company need some stability at the top management level.
    The company need to improve the middle management

A good company

Interactive Designer (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsStress free, smart, friendly work environment. Great work life balance. Possible opportunities for personal growth. Fun projects to work with.

ConsIt could be a bit boring if you work fast because they may not have enough work for you.

system administrator at CIDC

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsGreat culture, flexible schedule, smart passionate people, fun work

ConsThe parent company in France didn't know how to direct the company and made too much swing on the goal. I wish they listen to the Cambridge management and let the upper management here in US be in control earlier.

Advice to Senior ManagementWish the parent company can learn the lesson.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great people, great culture, poor upper management

Release Engineer (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsEverybody at CIDC pulls together, and is a joy to work with. I have never felt more friendly with my co-workers than I did there.

ConsUpper management was completely unable to determine a goal for the company, and repeatedly switched among them multiple times just in my ~2.5 years there.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've got smart people, listen to them and let them innovate.

Challenging but rewarding culture

Anon (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsThe culture and the people are superb here, there is always something fun going on.

HR are the most engaged, available and helpful I have encountered.

Talented, passionate and engaged people

Agile environment

Fun!

New direction of the company lead by a CEO that knows what he is doing

ConsThe Online gambling industry is in turmoil. It could be a tough few years but if the US market opens up it will be exciting

Some management have not accepted the Agile transformation nor the need to keep up with the industry in terms of their technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider injecting some new blood in to the management/executive level to re-energize the company in terms of fresh ideas and approaches.

My experience has been a very positive one at CIDC.

ProsBenefits
    Co-Workers
    Flexible Work Schedule
    Location
    Opportunity to Learn
    Fun Atmosphere

ConsToo many leadership changes in the past couple of years, however, much better with Tim Dent as the CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the employees' ideas on how to make this company a success!

Very good experience in an innovative and challenging environment

ProsThis is a good company for Personal development
    Cidc is also a good company for benefits
    I appreciate the good team spirit

ConsMiddle management has some difficulties to accept change and to be innovative
    Middle management seems to have a lack of experience

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company should improve the middle management
    The middle management should embrace changes with more enthousiasm to adapt to market

Worked for CIDC? Contribute to the Community!