CIGNEX Datamatics Reviews

CIGNEX Datamatics CEO Vijay Iyer
Vijay Iyer

1. good

I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics full-time

Pros

no much project, Dont have a practices SFDC

Cons

GOOD COMPANY AND THE POLICAY

Advice to Management

GOOD

CIGNEX Datamatics Response

Feb 18, 2015Chief Executive Officer

Dear friend, Thank you for your inputs. Yes, we do not have SFDC practice as we are focusing on building our Open Source portfolio of products and services. Please do get in touch with our Cloud ... More

2. Great company to work with

I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics

Pros

Provides full support to employee, Good career oppurtunity

Cons

nothing as of now good company to work

Feb 18, 2015Chief Executive Officer

Dear Friend, Thank you very much for your review. With best regards, Vijay

3. I have had a wonderful work experience with CIGNEX Datamatics. Great company and people.

I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility that CIGNEX allows their employees to have. No one micro manages you; you do what you have to do to get the job done. CIGNEX also know how to have fun; they make sure their employees are able to take time and enjoy work. Great people to work with.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I could share.

Advice to Management

Continue with the communication; employees enjoy hearing from you.

Sr. Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good to work and nice environment

Cons

Law salary. Lack of visibility of company growth.

Advice to Management

Please think about employee who can grow company

Oct 7, 2014Chief Executive Officer

Hi, Regarding visibility of company growth, I think it would be good for you to read my bi-weekly updates that I send to all employees highlighting our growth strategy and our overall direction ... More

Avoid! Management punishing to good people who care about business, running too many top people out

I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extended family dynamics, like I am in back in India again. Familiar and comfortable when understanding the company culture and what is expected of me, but very dysfunctional system for business. Good to place for workers to just get stuff done. As long as billing, they leave you mostly alone, except for evaluating new resources.

Cons

Top employees are out or going out. Company heads act like they are really interested in what is happening, but don't make management follow through and surely does not care about people at all. The US leaders are the worst, setting us up to fail by telling employees and customers that we can do more than is possible and screaming on you, blaming all but themself. I am working in US, and now I see what is happen from old founder, disrupting the company and running it down, so he can take over. We are stuck if with visa, so be careful. Same many places like here, but do not think is any different at Cignex, is probably worse! I feel management shames many to do more work.

Advice to Management

Datamatics, please get new people into senior leaders, not just friends and those old thinkers from back home. The guys are not professional, and will not keep the company. We need some new western leadership, to change things, and to run as a real corporation with fair treatment and real opportunities. Most good people are out, and not coming back as long as same leaders who lie with promises are still in-charge and taking advantage.

Oct 7, 2014Chief Executive Officer

Dear friend, I think the company board listened to you, and you now know that CIGNEX Datamatics has a new (well over 5 months old) CEO in me, and I am taking every single input and advice - and by ... More

7. Always Provides Better Opportunities

Current Employee - A CD Team Member
    Current Employee - A CD Team Member

I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Very good seniors,reporting authority & head.
    2. Excellent place to prove yourself, getting lots of opportunities & challenging work.
    3. Employee Connect is good, So many HR initiatives every month, events, Lively work environment, fun @ work , new processes, employee engagement activities , new learning & development activities
    4. Very prompt response to employees on their queries in guaranteed from HR
    5. CEO, COO , VPs , Heads used to connect with employees very often through Open Forum, Connects meets etc, which we rarely see in other companies.
    6. Office Location of Ahmedabad is best, you can any area of Ahmedabad in just 30 mins.
    7. Last but not the least, CIGNEX believes in working together & respect each individual's voice , their suggestions & feedback. Management always ask employee's feedback & suggestions.

Cons

1. It Could be good if there can be branding within the company, Like Internal branding department can provide CIGNEX branded T-Shirts, Pens, Bags, Water Bottles, general items, Gift items etc. so that employees feel proud to have brand CD with them.
    Right now branding for employees is "0".

In other companies , Employees used to have many times with CD branding but here if you check it is nothing. So it reduces the company visibility.

2. Sometimes felt that, there is no open culture & people tend to follow narrow mind set.

3. No Branch at Pune, Hydrabaad

4. Salary standards should be increased.

Advice to Management

We together need to create more visibility of CIGNEX, branding very much important to relook into. A completely new thought process is required.

Nowadays it is very much important to look best in the industry, to do more branding & marketing. Employees should be the first factor of Company branding.....If 500+ team members do branding directly or indirectly nothing can be more great. But as of now employees doesn't have enough resources for it.

8. I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics full-time

Pros

No micro management, flexible work hours, work from home, new management cares for employees, good new VP level additions in consulting, presales, delivery, practices, etc. Hard work is recognized and rewarded by new management. Vision of all top management is same. 20+ leaves a year, parental insurance are good things. You will get all product company facilities and in return good smart work is expected. Good new policies for various practices and delivery under implementation.

Cons

Hard working and smart employees slog beyond limit and push for growth but remaining employees take it easy. Wide disparity between top and mid / bottom level employees. Horizontal skilling in technology and consulting/problem solving/business focus is needed in developers.

Advice to Management

Get good project managers and account managers. Remove earlier pre-2011/12/13 CIGNEX top management and sales especially in USA. Current top management is very good. Promote pure meritocracy.

Need to improve a lot. Management is not having vision and relevant experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company provides flexibility and good infra for the job.
    - EDC projects provide stability.
    - Developers are not given enough time for development yet they manage to do good job in this company.
    - Gives opportunity to work with experts of some fields in the industry. Though I am from development (Liferay) team, I would say the best department (we call it - Practice) of the company is undoubtedly QA Testing thanks to its superstar "visionary" practice head (not mentioning the name directly on this site but can give hints that he started and developed the Testing practice in Cignex from zero to world-class level, top shooter of My-Points in the company for the years, won many awards in IT industry. Respect.). I have seen him supporting people in critical times which none of my leads or managers did for their teams. such down to earth helpful people are charm factor to be into this company. I have recommended my few friends for this company by looking at such positive people only. But let me tell you the company and whole IT industry is facing scarcity of such people.
    - I learnt a lot in this company and it'll be helpful in my career.
    - Mostly the people (remove all project managers and some leads) are supportive and helpful.
    - Short term projects (exclude EDC) which is good for different exposure.

Cons

- Salary is not at par with the industry standard. People are being hired with fat packages on the top but people working on projects have to beg for small chunk of increments.
    - New Top management is not good and encouraging.
    - Requirement gathering and business analysis is poor in the projects.
    - Competitors are easily getting good people from this company by offering good salaries.
    - Delivery heads and COO are not listening to the employees and lack vision and experience to head such company. Good things are questioned and bad things are ignored.
    - Most of the project managers are not good.
    - Communication gaps at the top levels.
    - ECM practice needs immediate change of leadership and management.
    - People talking about blind approach of management because of their support to the project managers who are responsible for low customer satisfaction.
    - HR needs to improve in responsiveness.
    - Processes are not being followed most of the times in the projects though the company is cmm level 3 certified.
    - Career is stuck and no growth in the company. New people are being hired at the top but internal talent is not promoted to higher posts.
    - EDCs are not good for learning and personal growth.

Advice to Management

Change the new management because they do not have the relevant experience to drive such company. They are always talking about infosys, tcs and hcl from where they have come from but they do not know how to run the mid-size company working in specific technology. Remove project managers who are responsible for goof-ups in almost all the projects and they always say yes to the customer even if they ask for moon in just very next minute. COO and delivery heads do not know what's actually going on the floor and they blindly go with project managers and margins. Promote good talent but for that you need to know who is good and who is not.

10. Good company and good team

Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New positive changes are seen in the company. Employee friendly policies good support from managers , best team members. It is a family. we enjoy and work together. today we surprised to see live telecast of match in office, many such activities are done now and it creates positive feeling and togetherness. monthly HR connect open house and celebrations.Problems are heard and solved. flexibility . good support teams .free snacks.work oppotunities lot of positive

Cons

no canteen
    laptops are old
    office location

11. Excellent work environment, best place to learn new things - they create and nurture leaders. Marketing division is ace!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager - Marketing in Ahmedabad (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager - Marketing in Ahmedabad (India)

I have been working at CIGNEX Datamatics

Pros

Don't go by its present mid-sized structure (500-600 employees etc.) this company boasts of over 500 successful open source implementations for large corporations around the globe including 50 Fortune-1000 and over a 100 companies with billion dollar revenues. CIGNEX Datamatics, IMHO, has serious potential to become the next Infosys or Wipro given the quality of IT projects, quality processes and clients list.

Over to my own division, Team Marketing, we get excellent opportunities to work for some of the most exciting activities including large-scale events, GotoMarket strategies for new products and platforms. This is an excellent place for learners and career aspirants to nurture their career growth path. Team Head, Nirav is extremely supportive and is more of a mentor than a boss. Whatever your marketing profile, there's a place for your skills.

To list some of the major benefits:

1.ALL Weekends off (thankfully!) - I have never worked even a single day on weekends. No questions asked! Healthy respect for work-life balance
    2. Flexi working policy - Many employees are able to avail work from home or other location on a need basis.
    3. Transparent goal-setting and KRA reimbursement etc.based on pure performance.
    4. Free food at pantry (excellent arrangement, if and when you have stay late nights for a client call, meeting etc.)
    5. Plenty of employee engagement activities. The mostly all female HR team is quite sweet and keeps indulging in some or the other form of active engagement.

Career growth at CIGNEX can be excellent based on your own motivation, energy and passion.

Cons

Not much that I can think of

Advice to Management

Be on an aggressive hiring spree as this company can really grow very fast.

CIGNEX Datamatics Photos