CIM Group

Updated January 19, 2015
Updated January 19, 2015
4.0

Shaul Kuba

A place to learn and grow no matter what stage of your career

I worked at CIM Group

Pros

Cim is a great place to develop and grow your career. There are many smart people and great to work with. Because everyone works hard, cim rewards their employees with amazing employee events with great food and entertainment. They really know how to throw parties! If you are looking for a place to learn and have a exposure to all faucets of the business, cim is the place for you to do just that.

Cons

There could be periods of long hours and weekends

- Improved benefits

Awesome office!

I have been working at CIM Group

Pros

The new office has a gym and great work spaces with tons of natural light.

Cons

There are not any cons.

Great workplace!!

I have been working at CIM Group

Pros

CIM has just moved company headquarters and has an amazing open, creative, work space which really shows that management is focused on keeping employees happy. The environment has the right balance of entrepreneurial ideas, discipline approach, diverse exposure and challenge intellect, which allows for very creative smart investments. It is rare to find a real estate company which nurtures all disciplines.

Cons

I have no cons at this time

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Property Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at CIM Group (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefit package which includes onsite living

Cons

Work- life balance. Dealing with after hour calls.

Well respected real estate investor with great career opportunities

Current Employee - Associate, Investment in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Associate, Investment in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CIM Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Employees within the investment group are very impressive with backgrounds from top universities, business schools and financial firms (investment banks / private equity shops)

- Evaluate a variety of interesting real estate projects (development, distressed, repositioning, stabilized)

- Senior professionals are very approachable and deal teams are small creating a great learning environment.

Cons

- More of a structured two year program, although prior associates have been promoted

- Coming from an investment banking backgrouond, the work life balance is signficantly better although at times the hours can be long

Best job I've had so far in my career

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CIM Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My time at CIM was very fulfilling and rewarding. I would easily say it was the best job that I've had up to now in my career. I experienced growth both personally and professionally. I was able to work on high quality and high profile projects throughout California and learned tremendous amounts about the field of real estate and specifically the job of a construction manager. I felt that the compensation was very fair and competitive for the position I was in and was always treated professionally by my supervisors.

In addition to the professional growth, I made many long lasting friendships with coworkers which made it enjoyable to come to work each day. I really felt like I belonged to the CIM family and will always appreciate all they have done for me.

Cons

The main draw back, and the reason I left the company, was the lack of job promotion. I had been at the company for 7 years and wasn't advancing forward so I made the decision to leave.

I think the most important thing would be to recognize and promote productive employees. There is a drain on morale when employees are just assigned more work but do not get recognition or pay increases.

Positive and growing

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor

I have been working at CIM Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Office culture and positive encouragement

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging with the out of role requests

Good place to learn

I worked at CIM Group

Pros

Good place to get real estate experience; an opportunity to see a fair amount of deal flow and work on both acquisitions and asset management.

Cons

Leadership has poor management skills; little to no formal career development programs/ training. Environment is unstructured, which can be viewed as a pro at times, but can feel disorganized.

Management can often times be the bottleneck in moving transactions forward, so it would be helpful if management delegated some business decisions/ trusted Principals to make some decisions for smoother process.

Overworked under appreciated employees, upper management is very unprofessional to their employees.

I worked at CIM Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Properties, Great learning experience, Ok Pay

Cons

Long Work Hours, No real company structure all company cares about is making money. Doesn't matter at what cost, losing customers, choosing questionable vendors. Disorganization through out organization. No training. Upper Management is Unprofessional to employees. Work Life Balance is poor, you are issued a company phone and are expected to answer at all times of the night and day including holidays, vacations and your days off. Upper management expects responses in 15 minutes or less.

Restructure Organization and Hire people in your management positions who are trained in the field. Management team needs to have a training process so they can effectively lead employees. Have some respect for employees off time and hard work.

I worked at CIM Group

Pros

Smart people work at this firm.

Cons

Management doesn't really take care of their people.