CISP Reviews

Updated July 19, 2014
Updated July 19, 2014
1.3

Jeffrey Klingshirn

Big changes in management in 2012, who knows what happens next!

Current Employee - Customer Solutions  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions in Toledo, OH

I have been working at CISP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you work hard, you can stay as long as you can afford it.

Cons

Tension can be greater than the adrenaline rush during busy times.

Not worth the harassment endured by the owner

I worked at CISP

Pros

Employees are friendly and eager to help each other out

Cons

The owner is unpredictable and rules the company by fear and yelling at the employees in a demeaning way in front of others. Employees walk on egg shells on a daily basis. Their is a great lack of respect from the owner. The owner runs the company like a used car salesman, with no integrity. The company has very unethical practices.

Hire new management and let them run the company, as the owner yelling at employees on a daily basis is no way to treat people.

Very Unstable

I worked at CISP full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some very smart and talented people working there. They have some very nice products to offer customers. It could be a great company to work.

Cons

The owner is unpredictable and irrational. He has a "rule by fear" mentally. He also will burn a bridge at a drop of a hat and has more than upset a lot of people in the area.

The owner should sell off the company now before he runs it into the ground.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High Stress and Low Reward

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I worked at CISP full-time

Pros

Without a doubt your not going to find better place to learn on the real hardware.

Cons

Because of the high stress and the low salaries this production learning environment often has regular fires that need to be put out. The most disappointing event was when the CEO chased off all of the management staff. At this point there is no "BUFFER" between us and the CEO. Although they do have have a project manager (with no systems experience) that reports everything back to the CEO.

The first step would be to hire a management staff. The next step would be to treat the employees with respect. If the first two steps could be accomplished they would still need to increase salaries to attract the experienced engineers. Better benefits would also help.

CISP - Engineers

Former Employee - CISP - Engineer  in  Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - CISP - Engineer in Toledo, OH

I worked at CISP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Network to learn on, both physical and virtual. Lots of toys!

Cons

All of the upper management except the CEO have departed and were not replaced. The CEO has verbally abused every employee in the company in front of their co-workers. While they do pay for training as soon as you complete your training it is time to move on. Skip the abuse and get better pay and benefits.

Hire new management. You also might want to try showing your employees a little respect.

Keep Options Open

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Toledo, OH

I worked at CISP full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll meet great people. Co-workers are a great group of people. A lot of the company's clients and customers are nice, fun business owners and entrepreneurs that can definitely provide experience, expertise, and perks in knowing them.

Cons

Unfortunately, the company has some lack of direction. Management is on different pages often. You'll be expected to work longer days, but only be paid for a standard 40-hour week. Commission payouts are delayed at times, and the commission structure is rather dated and somewhat one-sided. Business can be very slow during some months.

Restructure commission payouts, salary and standard hours - employees will happier and healthier physically and mentally.

Know what you are getting into

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Toledo, OH

I have been working at CISP

Pros

Our Technology team is a great bunch of guys, that really know what they are doing. Our NOC is a very impressive place for visitors to see.

Cons

There is no leadership from upper management. upper management can not and will not make the hard decision. Senior management has a tendency to treat the employees as childern. They will yell and disrespect employees on the floor and in front of there peers.

Treat the employees as a valuable assit.

Good stepping stone, but...

Former Employee - Network Engineer
    Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at CISP

Pros

I actually left in 2008, and at the time, it had served it's purpose for me. It is a great place to get some good technological experience - although not always having the best budget, they do have some cool toys that will prepare you for many enterprise-level positions. Many of us have left and gone on to do great things at global organizations.

Cons

Pay is not commensurate with the hours / work / experience required - I've over doubled my salary since I left, working less hours.

Mgmt is EXTREMELY disrespectful of employees, their personal lives, families, etc. I was publicly yelled at on numerous occasions for things I had little control over, and forced to come into the office when I was ill.

Company does not appreciate the talent it attracts

Limited growth potential - once you've done your learning / gotten good experience, it's time to move on.

Company has some very questionable ethical / legal practices

You've done a good job of attracting some of the best technical talent in the area - please respect them and treat them as such. A little complement, reward, etc. goes a LONG way.

Worked for CISP? Contribute to the Community!