CIT

CIT Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

CIT Chairman and CEO John A. Thain

John A. Thain

Pros
  • Depending on which department you are in, you usually have a great work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Good benefits package and reasonable work/life balance depending on role (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is not in touch with all of the businesses (in 7 reviews)

• this was once a good company but senior management team broke it and continue to drive this ship in the dirt with reckless abandon (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Burlington, ON (Canada)

ProsCIT is a great a place to work ... the management is really supportive for wanting to learn more, supportive of ideas to make things better and overall great place to be.

ConsCIT deals with a lot of boring content, contracts, processing contract and the such, a lot of the roles in Burlington at least are very mundane, nothing too exciting. and the air in the building is so dry it feels like its sucking the life out of you.

Advice to Senior Managementmake it more interesting to work there

I do not consider CIT a world class Financial Services Organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing to share. I do not have any pro's to speak of that were not personal in nature. Headquarters in NJ is convenient for many of the employees.

ConsEverything was second rate compare to other financial services companies. Compensation, career potential and the quality of management will never be at the same level of its competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not make committments to change and people that you cannot and will not keep.

Dedicated Staff, marginal management

ProsCoworkers band together despite frequent management replacements

ConsManagement still cannot get it right

Advice to Senior ManagementFind work in a different industry sector or planet.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

this company is broken.

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Livingston, NJ

Pros-good cafeteria - good food and good people work there.
    -foosball table.

Cons-no moral compass.
    -the good people have left already or are leaving.

-this was once a good company but senior management team broke it and continue to drive this ship in the dirt with reckless abandon.

Advice to Senior Management“...people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

― Maya Angelou

Pressure-packed work environment

Vice President of Information Technology (Current Employee) Livingston, NJ

ProsGood work/life balance. Well-run cafeteria. Most people are nice and easy to work with. Good opportunity for on-the-job learning. Some directors go the extra-mile to make CIT a satisfying place to work.

ConsNot enough directors go the extra-mile to make CIT a satisfying place to work. No opportunity to learn new things, unless self-motivated and can squeeze it in. Those with talent are stretched too thin. Those that are less-motivated get away with doing the bare minimum. Some subordinates feel managers aren't in-touch, therefore those managers are not respected. Promises made by management are too often not kept. Managers that are sharp are not appreciated. Low employee morale. Lots of job-seeking going on. Plenty of complaints, bad language, bad attitudes, and behind-the-back-bad-mouthing. Goal setting policy is implemented like it was a forced government mandate rather than as a tool to develop talent. Politically correct surveys are a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the talent you have and reward it. Create a policy of regularly clearing out dead-wood. Implement a 360 degree feedback program.

Good people, but management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are fantastic! Really great, intelligent people.

ConsThe company is struggling with who they want to be and what the areas of focus are. Plus there is still a lot of apathy from bankruptcy. Senior management is not in touch with all of the businesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the businesses first.

Worst IT experience and work environment

IT Consultant (Former Employee) Livingston, NJ

ProsSeriously can't think of anything. Maybe the onsite cafeteria

ConsUpper management does not listen to recommendations or potential road blocks for projects. The transition within IT was not well planned. Internal dept communication is terrible as well as overall direction. This is pretty much the worst work experience I have had.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the overall leadership and try again.

Financial Industry Makes a Difference!

Vice President (Current Employee) Livingston, NJ

ProsTalented group of individuals who jointly collaborate to meet company goals.
    Challenging, fast paced and a terrific place to grow, exceed and be recognized.
    Excellent compensation package.

ConsRegulation requirements sometimes hinder overall success.
    Leadership IT team is slightly top-heavy.
    Advancement can be challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider conducting an internal assessment of human resources before going out into the marketplace to seek skills that might already exist in-house.

No rewards or recognition for the hard working

Account Administrator (Former Employee) Livingston, NJ

ProsNice location to work in

ConsNo recognition, no raise or bonus unless your a boss's favorite

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone the same and reward merit by job well done, not by who's your favorite

A temporary employee through Kelly Services. Last year at employer 2009

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Livingston, NJ

ProsThey appeared to have a lot of strengths and were organized. Decent pay. At the time that I was there in the Livingston office they had a good chef in their cafeteria and the price of lunch was not expensive. After he left it still was pretty decent. The department that I worked in was pretty clean looking with cubicles that was were decently spacious and lightly colored. I believe that room was newly done. I was treated nicely and the employees seemed to have community like mentality and seemed to help one another. Monthly they would have birthday celebrations with a cake ordered by the Admin for employees that were the born in that particular month. For Christmas, even though I was only a temp, they gave me a $50.00 gift card, and I was only assisting on certain things.

ConsI would have to think about it.

Worked for CIT? Contribute to the Community!