CKR Interactive

www.ckrinteractive.com

CKR Interactive Reviews

3.8

Curtis Rogers

Great Company for the Right Individual - Some of the Best People I've Ever Worked With

I have been working at CKR Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, probably the smartest, most talented, passionate and capable people in the industry. Great vision and leadership. Always looking toward what's next. So (pleasantly) different than other national recruitment ad agencies that just try to push their suite of products. A truly independent, ethical company that really partners with clients. In some areas, truly like a family.Overall, really good people that work very hard, have fun and are great at their jobs.

Cons

Not for everyone. Every member of the team has to make a real contribution. This is not a "come in, do your job and leave" type of place; you need to be really invested in your work. Need to make an impact quickly.

No question this company "gets" it and does it right. Don't change what makes it so special. Also, turnover is inevitable in this industry, but need to work harder to make sure good people are rewarded and brought along, especially in account service.

Absolutely best recruitment advertising agency in its class

I worked at CKR Interactive full-time

Pros

CKR Interactive is a top line agency in a hugely competitive industry. It is a small company filled with incredibly bright, fun, talented, and extremely knowledgeable people who all work very hard. Most of all it is first rate in both its creative team and the interactive team, thus delivering work that matches and often outshines much larger agencies. CKR is headquartered in Silicon Valley and thus benefits from a large labor pool of talent which CKR has chosen from wisely to stay innovative. CKR is constantly striving to exceed even its own cool factor which is already considerable.

Cons

The environment only makes sense if you have a passion for recruitment advertising and marketing. It it is not your idea of a really good time than you will probably think you are working long hours. But honestly, it comes with the territory.

Continue to improve on a consistent methodology of communication between all regions of company.

BAD LEADERSHIP

Former Employee - Client Facing  in  Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Client Facing in Campbell, CA

I worked at CKR Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some flexibility, fun culture, good group of people

Cons

Poor leadership, no structure or process, no raises and low pay but expected to always do more and work more. CEO does not think for himself, likes to listen to the wrong people who are not in the office environment or client facing and thinks they are super smart in everything.

Make some changes soon or you will lose all of your best people. Stop making your employees feel like they do nothing and that CKR is the best company out there - it's not.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overworked and underpaid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at CKR Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Casual work atmosphere
    - Working with some great clients
    - Drinking

Cons

If you don't mind:

- Doing the job of 5 people and getting paid the salary of less than one person
    - Having someone else take credit for your work
    - Politics and drama galore
    - Being bullied by management and having to constantly manage upwards

Then this is the job for you...

Stop and reevaluate your upper management teams. There is a serious lack of true leadership. There is bullying and favoritism everywhere and nothing is being done about it. You might think you are creating a "fun atmosphere to work" but really you are creating an atmosphere that is very reminiscent of a Middle School Playground. There is a reason that there is a high turnover, and it is because of key people in upper management that have been there for many years. CKR could be a fun place to work if there were some major overhauls done with senior management.

Overview working for CKR.

Former Employee - Account Coordinator
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator

I worked at CKR Interactive full-time

Pros

Great employees on the team.

Cons

Management very bad. Salaries poor. Not a great place to work. Company has its favorites. If you are not a favorite forget it. No opportunity for growth.

Trust your employees. Don't think that all your employees are not trust worthy. Support your whole team. Don't play favorites.

No Leadership, No Structure and No Growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at CKR Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart team of people, fun environment, great clients.

Cons

Lack of leadership, low pay scale, high turnover as no employee retention strategies.

Remember that the employees are who make the agency successful and to take a moment and take care of them. Leadership is poor and needs a revamp, starting at the top.

High expectations to produce and sell.

Former Employee - Account Service
    Former Employee - Account Service

I worked at CKR Interactive full-time

Pros

Lots of smart people are part of the group.

Cons

Sometimes unrealistic expectations. Political environment.

Great place to work where they truly care for one another

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at CKR Interactive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people: CKR has a group of amazing, intelligent and caring individuals. Everyone operates as a family and offers support and knowledge in every way they can. The CEO has an open door policy to everyone, no matter what role you play and truly cares for his employees.
    The culture: Fun and vibrant environment, offers a lot of flexibility to employees to focus on personal things outside of work when necessary and is never questioned. Senior management have great knowledge, a lot of advice to offer, and value open, transparent communication.
    The work: The biggest factor for me is the outstanding quality and level of work that is put into each and every project that we do for our clients. CKR thrives to provide the best level of service, strategy, creative and innovative thinking for their clients. The work is not easy and sometimes challenging, but the amount of learning and exposure you get is phenomenal. In the end all of the hard work you put in is worth the rewards and the end results of working for a company that truly cares for their employees.

Cons

I don't think there is any company that is perfect. Like all other successful companies, CKR does expect hard work and out-of-the-box thinking from their employees, this is not a place for someone who wants just a job, it is demanding at times and you do wear many different hats so you have to have the passion for hard work and be okay with putting in extra hours when necessary to get the job done, I love the challenge and am very career-driven so this is a great fit for me as the rewards are well worth the hard work!

Continue to innovate in recruitment advertising and keep up the hard work in all that you are doing to keep CKR a great place to work as well as the best agency for their clients!

Fun, growth, great people and fantastic clients.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at CKR Interactive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CKR is a just a really good agency, and I'm grateful to have landed here. It's been a fantastic experience, and I am excited about the future of the agency. We have some amazing talent--our interactive and emerging media solutions are outstanding. I'm always blown away with the work that is produced and love the people I get to collaborate with every day. Plus, the CEO is ethical and really cares about the agency, its clients and the employees.

Cons

Advertising has never been a 9 to 5 job, and it never will be. So, it may not be a fit for everyone. Those who demonstrate hard work, have great skills and truly care about the agency will find the experience highly rewarding. And, yes, we do wear a few different hats at times, but those with a passion for and area of expertise and a desire to make their own successes are given the leeway to do so.

Keep moving forward with your focus on developing the great talent that exists and growing the agency the right way.

Awesome company, especially for those with drive and determination.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at CKR Interactive full-time

Pros

-Work at CKR is what you make of it, as fun and creative as you want it to be and every idea is welcome.
    -Open door policy is company-wide and comes from the top down. Whether you need advice, help with a task, want to brainstorm ideas and recommendations for clients, everyone is willing to help and pitch in.
    -It’s a global agency that gives you the opportunity to work with partners in other countries on different projects. The exposure to work is vast and you get a lot of meaningful experience right away versus other companies where it may be years before you get to speak with clients and attend meetings.
    -Continued learning and development is part of the industry. We are constantly exploring and developing the latest and greatest strategies, technologies, etc. to benefit our clients.
    -Every day is different and brings new tasks and challenges and while some admin tasks have to get done no matter what role you are in, for the most part you can look forward to lots of variety in your job.
    -Fun activities at the corporate office such a happy hours, Friday breakfasts, potlucks, parties, etc. We love having fun and it usually involves food and beverages.

Cons

-Agency life isn't right for everyone, especially in a small environment where everyone is visible. You certainly can't coast through and hope you don't get noticed. Everyone is critical to the business and if you’re not on your A game it is felt and seen by all your team members.
    -There aren’t defined job descriptions here, so people who need a lot of direction and need to stay confined to their set of responsibilities or aren’t comfortable with ambiguity won’t be happy here.
    -If you’re not innovative or willing to push boundaries, this isn’t the place for you. People who enjoy status quo often end up leaving.
    -Advertising is a tough business. Long hours, client pressure and little pay, but if you have the passion and a positive attitude you’ll be just fine.

Worked for CKR Interactive? Contribute to the Community!