CLEAResult Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014

2.8

CLEAResult President Glenn Garland
Glenn Garland

Aggressive growth with a new foundation

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid leadership that is scaling for growth and has good intentions. Great team of professional and technical staff to support program needs. Average benefits and serve TX better than some other states.

Cons

Personal growth and career path has been challenging as some groups are in silos with managers promoting their own. The aggressive growth goals are a concern especially with new management that hasn't come from an energy background. The fall out has started and it will be interesting to see where they stand on goals and retained business in a year.

Coach the team well before sending them into the first game and don't throw away employees. You hire good people, so if growth is managed and roles supported fairly, you shouldn't have to lay off staff and lose your investment or theirs.

We change the way people use energy TM

Current Employee - Finance & Administrative  in  Half Moon Bay, CA
    Current Employee - Finance & Administrative in Half Moon Bay, CA

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful team of people to work with/for
    Compensation is 8 out of 10 depending on a state you're in

Cons

As company continue to grow there is less and less direct connection with the leadership
    Benefits could be better, especially 401k options + health insurance based in TX is not helpful much in CA

To involve people in a live of a company more
    Have some off sites!

Great company concept-weak upper management

Former Employee - Program Consultant
    Former Employee - Program Consultant

I worked at CLEAResult full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoy the market transformation side of the business and helping companies to save money by utilizing the utility incentives through the programs that CLEAResult implements.

Cons

Very weak management team in Austin.
    They never tell you anything.
    All they care about is their own agenda and care nothing about the other offices and the associates that work there and make this company go.
    I did not trust the management in Austin the entire time I was employed with CLEAResult.
    Don't believe anything they say-it's all b.s.
    Austin management has their own agenda at all times.

Care about the people in the different offices and reward the ones who are willing to work hard and make this company a success instead of turning your back on them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Steamroller of opportunity

I worked at CLEAResult full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is growing very quickly and looks like it will be an industry leader one day. With all that growth there is a lot of opportunity.

Cons

The political antics are toxic and negative. The people at the top care nothing about the employees that are on the ground doing all the work.

Slow down and be more thoughtful in your growth. Care for your employees that are making all this possible.

Change happens at CLEAResult

I have been working at CLEAResult

Pros

I like working with most of the people around me at my office. My day to day interactions are good. There are also a lot of really talented individuals throughout the whole organization. I sincerely like working with those people. The best folks here are personally invested in helping shape this industry and truly committed to helping the world by changing the way people use energy. They approach their work and the mission with integrity.

Cons

The company is growing very quickly and there's a lot of resultant uncertainty due to constant change. The motivation and driving force is to be the best in the industry, but a lot of energy is wasted on internal elbowing for power and it's unclear who's steering the ship (or how they define success). As a result some very talented people with solid industry experience are being driven out by the chaos. And some of the newer people in leadership positions are clearly not invested in the industry or the company, but are motivated purely by personal gain. It's unfortunate.

Invest in strong people with talent and credibility and support them in their efforts to help the company be successful. Your success depends on the relationships your employees have with your clients and thus hinges on the happiness of the employees. Too many really good people are leaving because of political and organizational problems. You need to do a better job at recognizing talent and letting those people get their jobs done. Promote internally. Get your house in order.

Task-oriented, success-driven culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time

Pros

This company is full of type A's who are focused on delivering the best services possible. Management is always focused continuous improvement, therefore things are constantly moving - which I enjoy. Many high level meetings are to the point and focused on carrying out potential solutions rather than talking in circles around a problem. I am immediately able to see the impact of my work and my value to my team.

Cons

Because the company culture moves so fast, sometimes things aren't communicated to everyone. I find that this is easily solved by speaking up and asking questions. Certain personality types will be happier in this environment.

Sometimes we pull long hours, but we do it as a team - Therefore, we succeed as a team.

This company provided the most "Dilbert Like" working experience of my career.

Current Employee - Energy Advisor  in  East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Energy Advisor in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are in with the right connections, then growth into higher positions is possible.

Cons

There seemed to be constant change among management with reorganizations, people coming and going, etc. My own manager was not strong on communication and talked negatively about other workers.

Create an atmosphere of stability. When you hire someone from outside the company for a senior leadership position, have him conform to the company rather than have him conduct all sorts of useless meetings so he can stick his nose and his coffee cup into areas where he has no expertise to offer.

Poor corporate structure and lack of direction

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best reason to want to work at any of these locations throughout he he country would be to gain experience to the world of energy efficiency upgrades from commercial to residential, since it is one of the fastest growing fields with some of the highest demands for employment.

Cons

The cons of the work place is the extreme lack of corporate direction and leadership. Amongst the company there is a lot of secretiveness and back door deals that are delt. Due to the lack of corporate knowledge about programs and contract areas it results in unnecessary overtime spent by branch employees with little to no recognition from upper management which results in a depleted employee moral.

The best advice for senior management would be to master and completely understand the current companies that you have acquired through acquisitions and mergers then move into new ventures and expand. Also spend more time recognizing the core talent around you and remove the "comfortable ten yearned employee," these are the employees inhibiting growth and expansion.

EIC COMFORTHOME

I worked at CLEAResult full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros... Initial competitive salary. There are a few people within the company who are great to work with and do their jobs well.

Cons

Poor communication between everyone with in the company. Constantly made broken promises and lied to about commission and incentive packages. Under appreciated. HR is NOT your friend here. Has on numerous occasions talked about other employees behind their backs and tried to get them fired. Has even said, "if you repeat this I will deny it" - What type of HR rep does that? Upper management refused to open their eyes about where real money was being made and continuously focused on the wrong projects.

If you don't show your employees appreciation and gratitude they will not be happy and leave. It is important to take care of the ones who work very hard for you.

More Con's to work for than Pros

Current Employee - Incentive Processor  in  East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Incentive Processor in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at CLEAResult for less than a year

Pros

The freedom of the hours.

Cons

Not at all understanding or forgiving of any situation including things that are out of your control. If you have children or a life- DO NOT work here. They will tell you anything you want to hear, then stab you in the back. They expect no less than 98% accuracy. Anything less on any given day and you are GONE.

Get a heart and maybe you can keep an employee longer than 3 years (like your longest standing employee) or 3 days like others.

Worked for CLEAResult? Contribute to the Community!