CLK Multifamily Management

3.1

Craig Koenigsberg

Accountant

I worked at CLK Multifamily Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

office culture, perks, work life balance, family oriented, employee satisfaction

Cons

promotions, advancement opportunities, limited opportunities due to personnel limitations

One of the most fun jobs i have ever had!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Louisville, KY

I worked at CLK Multifamily Management part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am a people person, so i really enjoyed the opportunity to interact with clients and residents. It can be a really fast paced, busy job, but no two days are exactly the same, and I really like that. Also, they pay you for your training time, and the courses are really informative and useful.

Cons

I worked alone on weekends, so if there aren't many customers or calls, you may eventually run out of things to do, and those days could be pretty boring. Working alone is very difficult on extremely busy days. I had to lock the office to take people on tours or let them see our sample unit, and this left the office closed during that time, causing me to miss potential clients or resident calls. Also, during Icy or very cold weather made tours and showings quite difficult, given the geography of the complex i worked in.

If i could speak to upper management, i would ask for more money for maintenence, as well as possibly allotting money for having ice and snow removed from all walkways. Other than that, i generally had few issues.

Good company. Treats employees well.

Former Employee - Property Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at CLK Multifamily Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and bonus plan

Cons

This company does not have any

None

Worked as Assistant Manager for CLK...Great Company by far!!!!

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at CLK Multifamily Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved this company!! Really great, lots of support, boot camp was awesome, friendly people!!! Lots and lots of training material, sites available with resources to help you out, etc...

Cons

No more properties here in the west. I live here in Vegas where there were only 2 properties, however they are no longer here.

Please acquire more properties out west.

Great company, lots of training and support!

Former Employee - Property Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CLK Multifamily Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Open to new ideas and feedback from employees

Cons

Not many locations in Midwest

It was by far the worst job ever....

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CLK Multifamily Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As an Assistant Manager I had a great maintenance team and I had a great professiinal relationship with all residents. They kept me coming to work with a smile on my face...

Cons

As the Assistant Manager I delt with to much for only hardly minimum wage. I had two Managers that made it a hostile work environment one of which was fired and brought back bragging of higher pay and currently working there... When the residents came with a severe problem with leaks in the ceiling the Manager told him to call insurance their insurance does not cover CLK property. When I tried to handle the situatiin by contacting the higher power to resolve the issue I was terminated without questiin as well as reason!!!!!! The residents are forced to live in in horrible living conditions with high rents. As far as my job responsiblities they were never ending I had to take new residents answer phone calls, follow up by emails, walk the property, handle all work orders, work along side vendors, set up show units walk with pest control, oversee the make readies, as well as tag vehicles for tow since I lived on property I was the one responding to the service calls late in the evening, I had to take and post, as well as take heat when my supervisor was not doing her job.... I worked long hours fior little pay not to mention did not get paid for a single service call.... Then I was canned for bringing all of these things to the district managers attention.

stop allowing your Assistant Managers to be so over worked and check in with them from time to time so you can get the facts straight! They are underpaid mules and that is just not right.

Must be brainless or non ethnic to advance

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at CLK Multifamily Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No pros to working with this company...unless you count playing the favorites game and being promoted based on how much ass you kiss not if you are actually a hard worker or know how to do your job.

Cons

Everything--they say during Boot Camp that no one advances on the backs of others or by trying to throw other people under the bus...I suppose they say that to make themselves feel better because they definitely do not practice what they preach. Almost all the people in the corporate office are alcoholics and pill poppers.

Rethink how you promote from within. It should be merit based not based on how many nights you spend drinking with upper management.

company is hypocritical

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in York, PA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in York, PA

I have been working at CLK Multifamily Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No Pros to working here. You get to donate your time and your life. Policy changes every day on everything.

Cons

Upper management plays favorites
    They will lie to you at interview
    They constantly preach to you not to work off the clock but expect you to donate travel time and you will be expected to do training on your own time.

You've been thru 6 supervisors in 4 years. Figure out your common denominator. You continue to let yourselves be bullshitted by the hacks that RP sold to you along with the property. If those hacks really knew their ass from a hole in the ground RP would have kept them instead of selling them.

Assistant Property Manager

I worked at CLK Multifamily Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Company...Great Benefits....Great Team....room for advancement

Cons

model apartment would be so cost effective but co. said no

training new personnel should be completed first two weeks of employment by qualified mentors and any follow ups should be done by property managers with any ongoing training or webinars

You don't have to work too hard to advance...just be popular

I worked at CLK Multifamily Management

Pros

Great bonus structure for Property Managers, offers continuous skill development opportunities, Low key atmosphere with a great training program for new employees

Cons

As with most companies the upper level managers only promote from within if you are spineless