CMG Worldwide

www.cmgworldwide.com

CMG Worldwide Reviews

Updated May 9, 2014
CMG Worldwide – West Hollywood – “9229 West Sunset Boulevard Main Entrance”

Mark Roesler

Fantastic Learning Experience

Licensing and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI was a previous intern for CMG Worldwide at their satellite office in Los Angeles, Ca, and what a fantastic experience I had! CMG is an incredibly reputable company in an industry not many people know about. By helping represent the families and estates of deceased celebrities, I gained a wealth of knowledge into the world of licensing, marketing, and talent representation. All of the employees were extremely approachable and willing to help me learn as much as I could.
    After my internship concluded, the fact that CMG Worldwide was on my resume without a doubt helped me land my first REAL job out of college!

Other pros:
    -Work directly with CMO and CEO
    -CMG allows you to dive right in and speak with clients - even as an intern.
    -Friendly staff
    -Nice office space in West Hollywood

Overall experience 9/10.

Cons-Parking was limited in the office building.
    -Not a lot of storage space in the office, therefore the kitchen seemed slightly cluttered with boxes lying on the floor.

Opportunity for an interesting experience, if you have patience and are willing to deal with management

Marketing Executive (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsWorking with celebrity clients, helpful employees, opportunity to deal directly with management on various large scale products or issues. From the beginning you have the opportunity to work with high profile clients on exciting projects.

Consunethical behavior, no growth opportunities, all staff is micromanaged and there is a lack of direction from management. There are no perks, benefits and pay could both use significant improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer growth opportunities, more structure, training. Employees would benefit from working in a more professional environment.

CMG offers a potential resume builder for an intern, but not much else.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsYou get to work with high-profile clients, self-drive and laid-back work environment, most employees report directly to the CEO.

ConsPoor pay, knee-jerk management style, no growth, micromanagement at all levels. You may be asked to do some things to benefit the company that most people would find unethical.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou could really help employee morale by paying competitive salaries/wages and offering more PTO.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to get some real experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven if you are an intern, you get to participate and contribute to important business tasks

ConsThe scope of business is relatively limited, so your experience may be limited.

wonderful mentoring opportunity with the top people in the sports and entertainment law industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a diverse group of bright people at CMG from all over the world. Hierarchical red tape is not really an issue here, which is very nice for interns and newcomers who can take on major projects from the beginning if they prove themselves.
    The mentorship I received was very helpful in terms of furthering my goals. I see myself relying on my CMG knowledge and connections for many years. The boss really goes out of his way to help his employees. Anything from writing them letters of recommendation for graduate school to driving them home when the roads are snowy.
    Other pros: beautiful office building, potluck pitch-in lunches and parties, office gym and ping-pong table.

ConsThere's a wide range of people at CMG. Some very talented people and also some people who make you wonder how they got a job there at all. But I guess this is true of any office.

CMG Represents the leading edge of IP Rights Management and a great place to work

Legal Associate (Former Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsAnyone who has worked here knows having CMG on their resume is an asset to their future. Learn IP rights management from the best in the business. Very rare is it that an entry level employee can have contact with key clients, but I was given this access.

ConsHQ is in Midwest, which means sometimes you will need to travel there to handle business matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to allow employees access to clients and to learning the ins and outs of this interesting field.

Great experience, amazing CEO, incredible opportunity, very satisfied

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsMark is a great CEO.. really cares about all of his employees and very professional. He is the best in the world at what he does and he created his field. You can learn a lot from him. The work was really intellectually stimulating and rewarding. Very challenging and exciting. My time at CMG was definitely satisfying.

Consno cons, except some of the employees are really lazy and inefficient when Mark is in LA at his other office.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire some of the lazy, inefficient employees.

very laid back

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosnot much to do, relaxed environment, direct report to CEO, no hierarchy, self driven,

Consno growth, micromanagement, no future, not a financial firm, lack of organization, lack of corporate culture

Advice to Senior Managementstart paying more attention to work then talking

Lifeless

Licensing Agent (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIntroduction to Intellectual Property of Deceased Celebrities.

ConsVery general information that lacks trends, 21st Century standards and industry related experience. You would be better off watching a PBS special on Brands, Royalties and GDP.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit the token principle of operating a successful company. Understand the definition of S-U-C-C-E-S-S and implement that interpretation throughout the company.

I was asked once to add revenue that the company had not received at all to the books.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome people that work there are nice and professional.

ConsIt is a shrinking company with poor leadership.

Worked for CMG Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!