CMSI

Be The First To
Add Photos

It's a good place

Technical Analyst (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsRelatively small company, with challenging work, and lots to learn about the consumer lending industry

ConsVery little growth, refusal to invest in infrastructure

Do your research first before coming on board.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsFlexible hours, some wfh privileges.

ConsLong work days 60+, you perform multiple job functions, lack of resources, bad or no training at all. Management doesn't care that employees are overworked/over tasked.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees.

Positive Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsGreat work/life balance, work environment/culture is positive. growth and tremendous learning opportunities

ConsLack of formal/defined structure.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for

ProsThe company is growing fast and has a lot of smart people. If you work hard you can really shine.

ConsYou always need to be on your toes because there is so much going on. Changing priorities can sometimes be challenging.

Horrible employer

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsWork from home that is it.

ConsExpect you to work 60+ hours a week. Managed by intimidation. Don't value their employees. Revolving door. Lots and lots of turnover! Job descriptions are not clear. Management doesn't like suggestions and target you if you don't conform to their culture. They keep profits up by keeping salaries down.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your best assets....your employees! To the clients: beware of an employer that devalue and demoralize their employees. They will treat you the same way!

The worst place to work in the WORLD!

Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsThere is nothing positive to say about this company.

ConsCons – There was no actual development. Did solely maintenance and fixing the many "issues". Managers don't care and are always so busy. They constantly bully employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Senior Management – Work on improving that antiquated system you have. It is the worst system I have ever worked on. Stop using a PIP as a way to lie. This is the worst company ever and has the worst management. They are all friends and will lie on you if they do not like you. They use a pip and so called insubordination to avoid paying unemployment.
    They lie and say that they will train you and provide no training at all.The PM's do not know how to use the system.

Great Place to start out

Applications Support Analyst (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsGreat People, small company, great work environment.

ConsLow pay. Not many Production support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more and hire more Production support.

Originally a fun place to work, but deteriorated over the years as the company lost money.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsWork from home and flexible hours.

ConsProcess never changes. Management makes poor decisions and don't respect employees. Working here doesn't make you very marketable.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people instead of chasing dollars for hacks.

Gr8 Place to work

ProsApprochable Management.Cool Envoirment , No Late Sitting etc

ConsNo Cons as of now.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey dont need as they asre smart enough.

Worked for CMSI? Contribute to the Community!