CNET Networks

CNET Networks Reviews in Louisville, KY

3.2

CNET Networks President & CEO Jim Lanzone
Jim Lanzone

Pros
  • Interesting work and staff ; good work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• The company culture is pretty laid back and work/life balance is encouraged for the most part (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I've been very frustrated with upper management in the past year or so (in 5 reviews)

• Senior management inexperienced in making hard--and necessary--calls (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

CNET in Louisville was a great place to work

Former Employee - Web Developer in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Louisville, KY

I worked at CNET Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office environment was laid back, schedule was somewhat flexible but you still have to come in Mon-Fri. This could be different now as this was a few years ago. Folks would hang out on a Friday every month and drink beer.

Cons

Engineers in San Francisco didn't seem to respect people in Louisville much, but that's generally the case anyway.

Are you a woman? Don't expect to get anywhere.

Former Employee - Section Editor in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Section Editor in Louisville, KY

I worked at CNET Networks

Pros

The insurance was quite good (Blue Cross), with vision coverage included. Employees also got a week off over the holidays regardless of vacation hour status.

Cons

Definite split between the way men and women were treated in the Louisville, Ky. office. Men (and the occasional female "guy") got promotions constantly, but women who had been there years constantly were overlooked. If there was a private office, it belonged to a male.

I was made redundant right before the CBS takeover. The management at the time was truly incompetent and ran CNET into the ground, treating employees like liabilities while telling us that we were assets. I can't speak for the current regime but many of the offenders are still there.

CNET is an awesome place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at CNET Networks

Pros

CNET is a great place to work, complete with a diverse set of brands to work with, and a wide range of types of work to do. It is a company full of kind, intelligent people that know how to get things done, and has one of the best work environments that I've ever had the opportunity to experience. The work I've been doing here so far has helped me expand as a developer, and has taught me many new things about web technologies. The best part is, I'm not finished yet, so I have plenty of time to learn more!

Cons

I haven't been here for very long, but I can't think of any downsides at all! The only thing I could possibly think of is the distance from where I live, but that probably doesn't even count.

You're doing a great job!