CNH Industrial N.V.

CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

CNH Industrial N.V. President and CEO Richard Tobin

Richard Tobin

Pros:
  • "The benefits and the pay is good"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Benefits are good compared to other like companies"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very undfriendly work environment"
    in 5 reviews
  • "A lot of ideas to become world class are slowed or stopped by managment playing musical chairs"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work

Assembly (Former Employee)
Grand Island, NE

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. part-time for more than a year

ProsInitial training was extensive and hit all the marks

ConsDid not continue training after.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue training after hire

Great experience overall

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. as an intern for less than a year

ProsI got opportunities to work at actual projects rather than typical intern work
Company provided excellent accommodation facilities

ConsCurrently available information isn't well organized and so a big chunk of your time and effort goes into acquiring lost information and deciphering incomplete information

Scared Management, the grass may look greener at this company because it's organically fertilized

Director (Former Employee)
Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than a year

ProsGood salary
Competitive benefits
Interesting global workforce
Very well positioned industry

ConsAbsolutely no career management, HR may try and they talk a good game, but top execs make all the moves on politics and whimsy
Highly political with most management trying to avoid or get close to top execs
Management cannot be challenged
Most managers terrified of their boss
Erratic succession execution driven from the top
Constant cost cutting

Advice to Senior Managementyou have some talent left, listen

Good Company

Supply Chain Design (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat Supervisors, lot of opportunity to learn new stuff and understand their operations

ConsNone really. If you want a relaxed atmosphere join this company.

Challenging then Boring

Collections (Current Employee)
Racine, WI

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThere seems to be a lot to learn at first and people tell you the job is fun and you get to know your co-workers.

ConsAfter a few months the jobs become tedious and they are slow to train you more. There is not much opportunity to talk to your co-worker because everyone is busy with their own work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more meeting to discuss the departments progress and go over number from month to month and make it easier to suggest improvements.

I gained unmatched experience while at CNH and enjoyed most aspects of the company while there.

Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Current Employee)
Burlington, IA

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe pay is good, many of the union workers are easy to work with as long as you respect them and try to help them out.

ConsThe union gets in the way a lot, many of the engineers are difficult to work with and think they're better than everybody else. The company is so big often things get overlooked and nobody really cares for the product they're putting out the door. They expect you to live at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention and be willing to hire the amount of support staff needed, keep more focus on quality

Manufacturing Supervisor

Mnaufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. part-time for more than 5 years

ProsBest Benefit is A good 401k Program, 70% match up to 10% of income along with 5% match of earnings at year end.

ConsUpper management has no idea of basic manufcturing. No idea of how to resolve common sense issues. Area Manager are in experience. Talk WCM tools and tool usage but not able to implement on shop floor. Upper management not aware of issues on shop floor no knowledge of gage plans, SWI, and how to use Team leaders on the shop floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and smell the coffee

Would not recommend unless only trying to gain experience to find something better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits and better than average pay. Was able to learn a lot because management was always sending us in every which direction possible--jack of all trades (can be a con also depending upon your point of view)

ConsConstant management changes that well exceed the normal 24-36 month average. Management asks for opinions but doesn't listen. Little to no growth opportunity. Observed peers make rude comments to or about female peers and their work. Do not use formal quality systems (DMAIC, pencil whipped FMEAs, SPC, etc). Very little in mentoring and training. A lot of chasing the most current bright red ball/chasing the tails around and never getting anywhere. High turn over of salary junior to mid-level career personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement some training and mentor programs at all levels of salary/management. I was told that they wanted to change the culture when I hired on. There was no real effort to do that below upper management which was never in place long enough to effect any cultural change.

assembler

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for less than a year

ProsA good place to work if you gain seniority and a union shop. They have christmas shutdown you can spend time with your family.

ConsYou have to play the game it will all be about the connections you make. There are clicks you want to avoid the complainers and the conspiracy theorist.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all of them and start over

work in progress

Technical Writer (Former Employee)
New Holland, PA

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent product line, intensive engineering systems, well-defined management structure. CNH's engineering management systems were intensive enough to handle a diverse product line and provide all sorts of data access to writers/technicians and engineers.

ConsThe company, especially the publications department, seemed bent on quashing any sort of creativity. They saddled the writers with a cumbersome tool and had a "my way or the highway" attitude about trying to streamline the process or make any changes that would improve the output. They created manuals that contained some useful info, but it was buried in a structure that ultimately made it useless to the customer.

Advice to Senior Managementbuild on the esprit d' corps of your brand's history and get employees on board with product improvement. Show them that their opinions count and that they can make a difference. I've worked in many industries and this is the most Taylorism-oriented engineering unit I've seen since my steel mill days in the 80's.

Worked for CNH Industrial N.V.? Contribute to the Community!

CNH Industrial N.V. – Why Work for Us?

CNH Industrial is a multinational company that is structured to carry out design, manufacturing, distribution, commercial and financial activities in international markets. Through its brands, CNH Industrial operates… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CNH Industrial N.V. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CNH Industrial N.V. CEO Richard Tobin. All 131 reviews posted anonymously by CNH Industrial N.V. employees.