CNH Industrial N.V.

CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

CNH Industrial N.V. President and CEO Richard Tobin

Richard Tobin

Pros
  • Benefits are good compared to other like companies(in 7 reviews)

• Most people are willing to help you through your internship experience(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very undfriendly work environment(in 5 reviews)

• A lot of ideas to become world class are slowed or stopped by managment playing musical chairs(in 5 reviews)

Great experience overall

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Burr Ridge, IL

ProsI got opportunities to work at actual projects rather than typical intern work
    Company provided excellent accommodation facilities

ConsCurrently available information isn't well organized and so a big chunk of your time and effort goes into acquiring lost information and deciphering incomplete information

Scared Management, the grass may look greener at this company because it's organically fertilized

Director (Former Employee) Burr Ridge, IL

ProsGood salary
    Competitive benefits
    Interesting global workforce
    Very well positioned industry

ConsAbsolutely no career management, HR may try and they talk a good game, but top execs make all the moves on politics and whimsy
    Highly political with most management trying to avoid or get close to top execs
    Management cannot be challenged
    Most managers terrified of their boss
    Erratic succession execution driven from the top
    Constant cost cutting

Advice to Senior Managementyou have some talent left, listen

Good Company

Supply Chain Design (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat Supervisors, lot of opportunity to learn new stuff and understand their operations

ConsNone really. If you want a relaxed atmosphere join this company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging then Boring

Collections (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsThere seems to be a lot to learn at first and people tell you the job is fun and you get to know your co-workers.

ConsAfter a few months the jobs become tedious and they are slow to train you more. There is not much opportunity to talk to your co-worker because everyone is busy with their own work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more meeting to discuss the departments progress and go over number from month to month and make it easier to suggest improvements.

I gained unmatched experience while at CNH and enjoyed most aspects of the company while there.

Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Current Employee) Burlington, IA

ProsThe pay is good, many of the union workers are easy to work with as long as you respect them and try to help them out.

ConsThe union gets in the way a lot, many of the engineers are difficult to work with and think they're better than everybody else. The company is so big often things get overlooked and nobody really cares for the product they're putting out the door. They expect you to live at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention and be willing to hire the amount of support staff needed, keep more focus on quality

Manufacturing Supervisor

Mnaufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsBest Benefit is A good 401k Program, 70% match up to 10% of income along with 5% match of earnings at year end.

ConsUpper management has no idea of basic manufcturing. No idea of how to resolve common sense issues. Area Manager are in experience. Talk WCM tools and tool usage but not able to implement on shop floor. Upper management not aware of issues on shop floor no knowledge of gage plans, SWI, and how to use Team leaders on the shop floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and smell the coffee

Would not recommend unless only trying to gain experience to find something better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and better than average pay. Was able to learn a lot because management was always sending us in every which direction possible--jack of all trades (can be a con also depending upon your point of view)

ConsConstant management changes that well exceed the normal 24-36 month average. Management asks for opinions but doesn't listen. Little to no growth opportunity. Observed peers make rude comments to or about female peers and their work. Do not use formal quality systems (DMAIC, pencil whipped FMEAs, SPC, etc). Very little in mentoring and training. A lot of chasing the most current bright red ball/chasing the tails around and never getting anywhere. High turn over of salary junior to mid-level career personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement some training and mentor programs at all levels of salary/management. I was told that they wanted to change the culture when I hired on. There was no real effort to do that below upper management which was never in place long enough to effect any cultural change.

assembler

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsA good place to work if you gain seniority and a union shop. They have christmas shutdown you can spend time with your family.

ConsYou have to play the game it will all be about the connections you make. There are clicks you want to avoid the complainers and the conspiracy theorist.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all of them and start over

it was an aweful experience

Receiver (Former Employee) Lebanon, IN

ProsIf you can find them the employees the majority will stab u in the bacl or go to hr and make up stories the good ones are hidding behind they fear of being found out they are the good ones

ConsThe management they demean every one bully employees threaten them every day and the work envirement sucks they put on a show when the bossses come but every dau its like a sweat shop type atmosphere. You have gambling going on emplyees making out on 3rd shift out back talking on cellphones while driving forklifts and never looking where they are going

Advice to Senior Managementquit because really the employees are the only way you are working you have no clue how to run a business

Pathetic Salary and vacation policy absolutely clueless HR

Engineering (Current Employee) Blue Ball, PA

ProsBrand name,401K,medical benefits.Exposure to working of large organisation and complex product line

Cons-No salary raises
    -Vacation policy from 1882 era
    -Complete chaos!

Worked for CNH Industrial N.V.? Contribute to the Community!