CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews

Reset
2.6
CNH Industrial N.V. President and CEO Richard Tobin
Richard Tobin

Pros
  • Benefits are good compared to other like companies (in 8 reviews)

• Coworkers always seemed to be willing to help out if it was needed (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Cost of living wage increases do not exist (in 5 reviews)

• Low starting pay, no raises, bogus bonus plan, terrible managers, backstabbing bosses, no promotions, no training, etc (in 7 reviews)

1. Great pay for the work and hours

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, flexible hours, merit based pay increases and bonuses, plenty of vacation time, lots of time off for the holidays each year, a nice bunch of people to work with; it feels like what companies 'used to be like' back when they cared about their employees.

Cons

Flat organization - if 'moving up the ladder' is your primary motivator... be prepared to put in your time; it's a meritocracy, but most positions also require a good deal of experience over time to perform them properly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, make sure to keep salaries aligned with market rates, continue to keep your employees informed and feeling like they are part of the process.

Lowest Common Denominator

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Racine, WI

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some friendly people here. If you are from Racine, you could feel like this is a 'family'.

Cons

Culture, pay and benefits, micro-managing, the performance review structure, zero transparency, silos - bigger than any I have ever seen, cut-throat internal competition. Because the reviews have forced rankings, you WILL get a poor review at some point even if you exceeded targets. Zero raises - period. No COLA, Merit, nothing! I am $3k over mid-point of my salary band and was told I would never get a raise even though the high cap is about $20k more than what I earn. Bonuses are not in line with industry expectations either. The only way you can earn more is to get a promotion, but the organization is so flat that the promotions are few and far between. Because of the forced ranking, people will lie, cheat and steal to improve their odds of not getting a good review. I have been counseled by managers and co-workers to not share my good ideas, keep them to myself, and act on them without telling others. This way, I will improve my personal performance and look better than my colleagues at review time. Not that the review matters so much because again, the bonus is inconsequential. In addition, you are trained not to care about the actual impact of actions, but to care about how it will look on the reporting. Get the goal, it does not matter if you screw over other department's ability to reach their goals, as long as you meet yours. Many managers are not well prepared for their roles because of the good ole boy networking and clique behavior that goes on. As a result you may find yourself working for someone who micro-manages admin tasks rather than lead you to higher performance levels on the important tasks. These cliques and networks will also hold down women and shorter term employees (I am neither but see evidence of this). Planning, processes, long range thinking - does not happen here in my experience - it is all ready, fire, aim. I have heard that because the company is so large that the culture can vary quite a bit and in Racine there are at least 7 different buildings you can work in. Each might have their own 'style'. This is my perspective with what I have been personally exposed to. Who knows maybe in some other part of the company it is all unicorns and rainbows - I have heard that it is not 'as bad' in other parts of the company. Finally, there is a sort of futility to what I do. This company is run by lawyers and accountants. They move money around to cover up mistakes - so if I err or even if a C-Level decision sucks, they will keep their stock price relatively calm which is the end all be all goal for this company. The lack of funds also strangleholds HR to antiquated policies for fear of being sued and/or over-spending. Also, IT systems are 30 years behind the time because they are afraid to spend the money (I think there is also a lack talent in IT, but not certain on this), and

Advice to Management

Eliminate the forced rankings. Create and adhere to well defined processes. This would be a small smart...

Great company but unclear career path

Current Employee - IT Manager in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Racine, WI

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay , great benefits, one of the largest players in their sector, good people to work with, easy to navigate between different roles and departments

Cons

no clear career path, lack of progressive ideas, not a place for ambitious and aggressive professionals, HR and leadership are unable to streamline talent management

Advice to Management

start paying attention to talent management and ways to hire young blood

Team Lead

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good health benefits, clean environment, job mobility, Union shop, Kaizen program

Cons

Poor job training program, poor communication between hourly and salary, hourly 2 tier wage program, outdated or missing job assignment binders, poor incentive program, new management, high turnover

Advice to Management

Eliminate 2 tier wage program, train employees, update job assignments

6. Great Experience

Former Employee - Events Intern in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Events Intern in Racine, WI

Pros

Really let the interns get their hands dirty and work for the company. One of the best summer experiences ever! Great accommodations and comradarie among interns.

Cons

Can't think of any major negatives.

Product Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Racine, WI

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time

Pros

The 401k plan is the only reason I still work here. If they were to take that away, I know a lot of my fellow coworkers would be gone in a flash.

Cons

No raises - period. I'm working with multiple individuals who haven't seen a raise in over 7 years!!! Don't even ask for a cost of living adjustment. You're a whipping post, with no praise or acknowledgment of a job well done. Just more, more, more work.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your best asset. This mentality of "do more with less" is burning people out. This explains the mass exodus you're seeing and it's only going to get worse as time goes on.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Pros

Good company match in 401K, good products

Cons

Poor management, no raises for 5 years or greater, no opportunity for advancement unless you sleep with the boss or kiss his or her butt. People who have no skill set to do their jobs keep getting promoted. The place is a real joke!

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the roses before you lose the rest of your employees. Think before you act.

9. Warehouse Supervisor and Training Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady work Some salaried positions are overtime eligible Great commitment to continuous improvement and Lean initiatives Good benefits; employee pricing on Dodge, Jeep & Chrysler vehicles

Cons

Being part of a huge, international corporation makes it difficult to feel connected to decisions and directions that the company is taking Raises are not given. If you are lucky enough to be at the bottom of the pay scale, you might get realigned to the median.

Advice to Management

If the job description says that a degree is required, hire someone with a degree! I have worked for three managers that do not have a degree, even though it is a "requirement" for the position. More transparency would be awesome.

10. Mechanical Assembler

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay decent , pay decent thats it

Cons

Let me think........... i can mention some but let me think

accounting

Current Employee - Accounting in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Accounting in Racine, WI

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time

Pros

401k benefits are better than most companies. Company structure is complex, so my job is pretty challenging and I like that.

Cons

Benefits are disappointing for a company this size. Vacation is stingy and insurance is expensive. Managers and HR reps are not trustworthy. There is a lack of honesty and lack of respect for employees. There is no merit increase program other than some BS plan to compare salaries with other companies and adjust when necessary. I haven,t had a raise in 8 years. No promotions either. Pretty GD demoralizing place to work.

Advice to Management

You guys need to wise up and stop letting HR run the show. We are doing more work than ever and getting nothing in return. True, most people aren,t there just for the money, but going so long without a raise is not only insulting, but has a major detrimental effect on my family.

RSS Feed </> Embed