CNH Industrial N.V.

CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

CNH Industrial N.V. President and CEO Richard Tobin

Richard Tobin

Pros:
  • "The benefits and the pay is good"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Benefits are good compared to other like companies"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very undfriendly work environment"
    in 5 reviews
  • "A lot of ideas to become world class are slowed or stopped by managment playing musical chairs"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for...Co-workers are fantastic and supportive.

Designer Senior Specialist (Current Employee)
New Holland, PA

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is a lot of exciting work to accomplish. The opportunities and challenges to learn are numerous and rewarding. Every day is new and exciting with all it brings. The company culture is such that we are provided a Holiday payed time off between Christmas and New Years Day...Great benefit. The company is willing to share it's profits in the form of yearly bonuses.

ConsThe man power to achieve this work in a timely manner is lacking. Cost of living wage increases do not exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe tend to be more reactive and less strategic in our focus. I see some hints of change coming and hope that we execute the presented plans, so that we can live in reality, rather than with unreasonable and arbitrary projections.

Good place to work if starting career or ending career/nearing retirement, poor career development.

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood employee benefits. Great 401k matching and contribution plan. Great work/life balance. Fairly low stress environment. Employees are knowledgeable. Almost no chance of being laid off, good employee retention. Construction/agricultural industries help diversify risk to company. Potential to travel to Europe/South America/US if you like. Easy place to work if you are content with not being promoted or challenged, and you just follow orders and don't speak up. Great place to finish your career and collect paycheck/benefits.

ConsItalian management style differs greatly from USA (lots of talking and little action). Communication between management and employees is often poor. Management does not take responsibility for shortcomings and typically blames others (own employees), destroying morale and reinforcing hypocrisy of teamwork. Poor career development and you can remain in the same position for 10+ years. Upward mobility is very limited unless you remain with company for 20 years. Meritocracy philosophy is a joke because evaluations are 100% subjective. People in management positions that have excellent product and technical knowledge, but have no idea how to manage people/budgets/schedules etc. Management does a poor job of training and mentoring new leadership. Company has difficulty recruiting and retaining young talent. Management unwilling to improve organization if the company is making money. There is no proactive, continuous improvement of methods or procedures. Company tends to only act in response to catastrophes instead of planning for them. Upper management tends to unknowingly discourage communication because employees are afraid to report any issues/problems for fear of retribution.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat career development paths to help retain young talent and grow experience internally. Managers should be hired because they are able to manage well, not just because they have technical expertise and product knowledge. There is a lot of inefficient use of time, energy, skills, and money. Improve the management cultural to be results focused and team oriented. Employees should be encouraged to find inefficiencies or problems, and management should immediately focus on solving the issues as opposed to punishing its employees.

Pressure cooker

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe best reason to work at CNH is the potential of the company

ConsThe 2 biggest challenges are meeting financial expectations and the review process. It is too easy to get screwed in your annual review because for you to hit your numbers you have to depend on others to hit theirs and how they don't hit theirs by sacrificing your. Happened to me 2 years in a row and I paid for it with bad reviews over something I had no control over.

Advice to Senior ManagementDump the review process, especially the need to have a specific number of people fall into lower levels.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not What They Claim to Be

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPeople who work hard and think/act in a common-sense way are valued and can make a big difference if they want to. Certain people are very rewarding to work with.

ConsAdvancement! Horrible practice of assigning multiple full-time responsibilities with no real promos or recognition to accompany.

Forced-rank 9-box perf review process. Perfectly good employees get force-ranked to the bottom of the barrel and lose, lose, lose; "calibration" makes it worse!

Advice to Senior ManagementMeritocracy? Stop kidding yourself and trying to get everyone to drink the Kool-Aid. Those who genuinely merit get burned out without merited reward, while others get huge rewards for little to no real reason. And kill the 9-box...there is no mystery why GE doesn't use it any more!

General

Test Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 10 years

Proscamaraderie, individual work ethic, locations

ConsSalary, merit increase, bonuses, management style

Was a good company to work for.

PV Test Engineer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWork hours are flexible, really good smart people from all over the world, lots of day-to-day challanges with the product lines. Benefits are good compared to other like companies.

ConsWorst part is lack of any pay increase for over 7 years. They compare large cities like Chicago, IL to small cities like Dublin, GA to average the pay scales, not taking into account the cost of living for those cities are different.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and listen to the people in the trenches. A lot of people who were once loyal to CNH are leaving for positions that pay better.

Outstanding organization, honest, focused on meeting objectives, very little turnover

Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee)
New Holland, PA

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. as a contractor for more than a year

ProsYou feel like you are hanging with your buddies on the block. Great teamwork initiatives

ConsLong hours, stressful at times but in a good way.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing. Your company is a diamond in the ruff

Analytically Stimulating

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than a year

ProsThe chance to dive into the details of your product through visual inspection and many data sources was the best part.

ConsData mining is not fully achieved, nor is the data being fully recorded correctly. Although, better workflow systems are coming, they are still not here.

Advice to Senior ManagementA plan violently executed today, may not be better than a plan thoughtfully executed next week.

Reorganization

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. part-time

Prosclose to a major US city (Chicago), if you have a lot of experience you would be paid well

Consa lot of re-org. during a short period of time, lack of discipline, no engineering processes....

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I was not impressed with how CNH operates.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
Racine, WI

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. as an intern for less than a year

ProsMost employees are very friendly and helpful. Coworkers always seemed to be willing to help out if it was needed.

ConsThe company's top management is overseas. Fiat controls it, therefore everything is done backwards. The inventory tracking, part tracking, and the organization of employees, management, and work duties is very outdated, inefficient, and a frustrating to say the least.

Worked for CNH Industrial N.V.? Contribute to the Community!

CNH Industrial N.V. – Why Work for Us?

CNH Industrial is a multinational company that is structured to carry out design, manufacturing, distribution, commercial and financial activities in international markets. Through its brands, CNH Industrial operates… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CNH Industrial N.V. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CNH Industrial N.V. CEO Richard Tobin. All 131 reviews posted anonymously by CNH Industrial N.V. employees.