CNH Industrial N.V.

CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

CNH Industrial N.V. President and CEO Richard Tobin

Richard Tobin

Pros
  • Benefits are good compared to other like companies(in 7 reviews)

• Most people are willing to help you through your internship experience(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very undfriendly work environment(in 5 reviews)

• A lot of ideas to become world class are slowed or stopped by managment playing musical chairs(in 5 reviews)

Engineering Intern

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Burr Ridge, IL

ProsGreat people, can always get help where I need it.
    Small company values in a worldwide corporation.

ConsHad to sit in a conference room.
    Didn't have a computer the first 2 days.

Do your job really well and learn politics to be successful

Marketing (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsStrong company with a long tradition built on a solid industry. Self starters can achieve here if you can get visibility from management, benefits are solid, people here are great to work with, opportunity to see the world in some roles

ConsLittle diversity in management, out-dated philosophy about how to manage people, not a strong company culture to speak of, training/growth is limited, difficult to move up, antique systems

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to modernize our systems and focus on people.

Great people, but a large company with little say

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIn my experience the pay is very competitive with the industry. Management is very eager to teach newcomers and very interested in your success.

ConsYour concerns(customer concerns) are not taken seriously and typically dismissed as whats best for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the advice of dealers and utilize practices that the competition use, or continue to watch market share decline.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company but Meritocracy has run it's it course

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsOutstanding benefits with probably the best 401k plan I have heard or read of. Great tradition with strong precence in Agriculture equipment industry. Great legacy products with good share in a competitive industry. Still a very loyal customer base to brand.

ConsR & D is minimal which will hurt sales over next 5 years. Company claims to have a "Meritocracy culture" concering promotions and pay raises, this is essentially a fancy way to say we have a pay freeze. Even when you promote an employee you have to fight with HR to get a basic 5% pay raise. Meanwhile every external candidate we hire, we have to pay at the top of pay ranges that have been frozen essentially for 6 years which should be a gigantic red flag that our pay ranges are no longer competitve.

Advice to Senior ManagementCrank up R & D, ASAP or risk huge share loss's. Fix compensation ASAP or continue to lose valuable long time employees who have almost impossible industry expertise. It is sad to see management take advantage of so many with tenure who are so loyal to the brands they have worked for so long for. Morale is at an all time low in Racine especially, mangement shakeup needed badly.

Ok company to work for

ProsGood pay and benefits for employees.

ConsLittle effort from management to fix problems

Overall good experience.

Design Engineer (Current Employee) New Holland, PA

ProsA lot of freedom to do your work. Not super high pressure typically.

ConsOnly Politically savvy people can move up the ladder. Lucky to get a promotion every 3-4 years... pretty much just watch the time go by. They don't recognize performance, even though they say they do. Salaries are not competitive with market... maybe competitive to people who live in Iowa, Kansas and the cost of living is half the price.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow rising starts to flourish, or watch them leave. Salaries are 10% behind the market, time for a change. Be a leader! Stop following DEERE, and step out of the shadows.

Great Experience

Intern (Former Employee) Racine, WI

ProsGreat Mentors, positive work place

ConsNone that I can think off

Exciting fast paced manufacturing plant

Skilled Trades (Current Employee) Sturtevant, WI

ProsManagement and employees work together very well

ConsThe tolerances we hold on the parts we manufacture are tighter than what is needed

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more off shift surprise visits, eliminate smoking from the premise (outside the gates, off the clock) eliminate the 8-9:30 breakfast!!! (totally ridiculous) cell phone use should be limited to company phones and in an emergency, you can only use your personal phone in your supervisors office only. Stop hiring only people with assembly experience and start doing real life interviews, weed out the problem new hires before they come.

CNH

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood Place to work. Large organization with ample resources. Lots of international exposure.

ConsSome antiquated processes. Lots of organizational disorganization. Somewhat limited upward movement in certain areas.

It's a Paycheck

Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsI get paid every two weeks; off between Christmas and New Year's.

ConsLow starting pay, no raises, bogus bonus plan, terrible managers, backstabbing bosses, no promotions, no training, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire.

Worked for CNH Industrial N.V.? Contribute to the Community!