CNI Reviews

Updated June 20, 2014
Updated June 20, 2014
3.4

David Nimmo

This was the best position I have ever held.

Former Employee - Recovery Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CNI full-time for more than a year

Pros

The type of work fit my personal likes as if it were made specifically for me. Requirements were not overwhelming and I had an excellent and open communication with all Supervisory staff members.

Cons

Fellow associates that were not happy with their responsibilities complained regularly.

When hiring previous employees, discuss each person's capabilities with their previous supervisors and other team members to determine the value of each person as being a valuable asset to the function of business.

Just a body to fill a spot

Former Employee - Dentist  in  Fort Lee, VA
    Former Employee - Dentist in Fort Lee, VA

I worked at CNI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have a benefits package.

Cons

They do not care about their contract employees. You are a body to fill a spot so they get paid. Myself and numerous colleagues (some have left the company and some are still employed) were/are harassed by the Army and CNI doesn't want to be bothered. It is easier for them to get someone else. Most of the army staff is lazy. Instead of rolling up their sleeves and working toward a common goal, they feel they deserve to sit around and harass people, have side businesses, a daycare, do dental work on employees when it is only to be done on active military, etc. The military won't support you in your position and CNI will not either. The good quality doc's leave. I stayed there way to long. Look at this company as temporary.

Great Company

Former Employee - Network Engineer  in  Ridgeland, MS
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Ridgeland, MS

I worked at CNI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good network team, that works together to get results

Cons

no cons to think of

keep up the good work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager

Current Employee - Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CNI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They talk and talk. History is repeating. They are becoming top heavy with high salaries. Reckless spending, poor vision and oversight. The tribe should take a closer look at the organizational structure and who is really in charge. MUCHO WAIST!!

Cons

AVOID!! Take the money and leave.

Is your last name NIMMO! Then you get a great job and great pay. BTW you suck as a manager. Hire the right candidate not your brother, friend or buddy.

CNI is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrative  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrative in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CNI full-time

Pros

Great pay and great leadership.

Cons

I have no cons to share. This is a great company.

Keep doing the same thing

RUN!!!

Current Employee - FAA Help Desk Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - FAA Help Desk Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CNI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The environment is laid back and relaxing. You gain some long lasting friends working here.

Cons

Management sucks. We only see/hear from them when it is bad news. We never get encouragement and raises are NEVER. Benefits suck!! Training is horrible and the people that they have in "lead" positions are lazy.

Treated unfairly by direct supervisor.

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at CNI part-time for more than a year

Pros

technically challenging project keep the job interesting.

Cons

Stressful working environment; unsupportive management; care more about clients than staff; horrible work/life balance; lots of office politics detract from job focus. managers have little to no technical background and yet they are trying to manage an IT services firm.

A technical services firm that is going to be successful needs to attract and retrain to notch talent. To do that requires compensation/bonuses that are commensurate with the staff member's value to the organization versus being based on salary surveys. The company also needs to create an environment where the employees feel that their managers will protect them when they are dealing with unreasonable clients versus simply taking the client's side.

CNI is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Project Specialist  in  Sierra Vista, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Specialist in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at CNI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, decent pay, good work/life balance practices. Very diverse company that offers lots of opportunity - especially for those with project management experience. Coworkers and supervisors were friendly and helpful. Safe and clean working environment. Enjoyed the team mentality even though we are all spread out across the nation with multiple offices. Good communication efforts by the corporate office through IT portal and company newsletter.

Cons

Contract work is always limited based on the amount of time the company has the contract - although this is made clear from the time of hire.

Keep acknowledging the hard work of employees in remote offices.

Great company, great benefits, great place to work!

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CNI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun team, independence, opportunities to learn, management embraced change, appropriate expression of appreciation by management. As a contractor I did not have to jump through all of the corporate placed hoops and did not have to worry as much about always changing preferences which allowed me to focus on the customer and completing the project.

Cons

None - loved every minute of it!

Good learning experience - supportive managers

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at CNI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked with a team of developers headed up by a manager. The office works well together with upper managers staying involved in the project at a high level. Flexible hours and generous fringe benefits were nice. Specialized niche work allowed for more learning opportunities and a cohesive team. Hard work was rewarded by both CNI management and the federal customer. Company management seem to care and visited our satellite office occasionally for events or award ceremonies.

Cons

Depending on the project, some long hours may be needed to get the work done. Would like to see more avenues for communication from the other offices.

Worked for CNI? Contribute to the Community!