CNI

www.chickasaw.com

CNI Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2014

David Nimmo

This was the best position I have ever held.

Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe type of work fit my personal likes as if it were made specifically for me. Requirements were not overwhelming and I had an excellent and open communication with all Supervisory staff members.

ConsFellow associates that were not happy with their responsibilities complained regularly.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen hiring previous employees, discuss each person's capabilities with their previous supervisors and other team members to determine the value of each person as being a valuable asset to the function of business.

Just a body to fill a spot

Dentist (Former Employee) Fort Lee, VA

ProsThey have a benefits package.

ConsThey do not care about their contract employees. You are a body to fill a spot so they get paid. Myself and numerous colleagues (some have left the company and some are still employed) were/are harassed by the Army and CNI doesn't want to be bothered. It is easier for them to get someone else. Most of the army staff is lazy. Instead of rolling up their sleeves and working toward a common goal, they feel they deserve to sit around and harass people, have side businesses, a daycare, do dental work on employees when it is only to be done on active military, etc. The military won't support you in your position and CNI will not either. The good quality doc's leave. I stayed there way to long. Look at this company as temporary.

Great Company

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Ridgeland, MS

ProsVery good network team, that works together to get results

Consno cons to think of

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager

Manager (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThey talk and talk. History is repeating. They are becoming top heavy with high salaries. Reckless spending, poor vision and oversight. The tribe should take a closer look at the organizational structure and who is really in charge. MUCHO WAIST!!

ConsAVOID!! Take the money and leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementIs your last name NIMMO! Then you get a great job and great pay. BTW you suck as a manager. Hire the right candidate not your brother, friend or buddy.

CNI is a great company to work for.

Windows Systems Administrative (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsGreat pay and great leadership.

ConsI have no cons to share. This is a great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the same thing

RUN!!!

FAA Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe environment is laid back and relaxing. You gain some long lasting friends working here.

ConsManagement sucks. We only see/hear from them when it is bad news. We never get encouragement and raises are NEVER. Benefits suck!! Training is horrible and the people that they have in "lead" positions are lazy.

Treated unfairly by direct supervisor.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

Prostechnically challenging project keep the job interesting.

ConsStressful working environment; unsupportive management; care more about clients than staff; horrible work/life balance; lots of office politics detract from job focus. managers have little to no technical background and yet they are trying to manage an IT services firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementA technical services firm that is going to be successful needs to attract and retrain to notch talent. To do that requires compensation/bonuses that are commensurate with the staff member's value to the organization versus being based on salary surveys. The company also needs to create an environment where the employees feel that their managers will protect them when they are dealing with unreasonable clients versus simply taking the client's side.

CNI is a good place to work.

Project Specialist (Current Employee) Sierra Vista, AZ

ProsFlexible hours, decent pay, good work/life balance practices. Very diverse company that offers lots of opportunity - especially for those with project management experience. Coworkers and supervisors were friendly and helpful. Safe and clean working environment. Enjoyed the team mentality even though we are all spread out across the nation with multiple offices. Good communication efforts by the corporate office through IT portal and company newsletter.

ConsContract work is always limited based on the amount of time the company has the contract - although this is made clear from the time of hire.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep acknowledging the hard work of employees in remote offices.

Great company, great benefits, great place to work!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsFun team, independence, opportunities to learn, management embraced change, appropriate expression of appreciation by management. As a contractor I did not have to jump through all of the corporate placed hoops and did not have to worry as much about always changing preferences which allowed me to focus on the customer and completing the project.

ConsNone - loved every minute of it!

Good learning experience - supportive managers

Software Developer (Former Employee)

ProsWorked with a team of developers headed up by a manager. The office works well together with upper managers staying involved in the project at a high level. Flexible hours and generous fringe benefits were nice. Specialized niche work allowed for more learning opportunities and a cohesive team. Hard work was rewarded by both CNI management and the federal customer. Company management seem to care and visited our satellite office occasionally for events or award ceremonies.

ConsDepending on the project, some long hours may be needed to get the work done. Would like to see more avenues for communication from the other offices.

Worked for CNI? Contribute to the Community!