COMFORCE Reviews

1. Comforce from a Sales Perspective

Former Employee - Sales in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in DFW, TX

I worked at COMFORCE

Pros

Decent pay if you negotiate pre hire

Cons

No reputation to help get foot in the door

Allow front line employees to make suggestions

2. High expectations with low pay.

I worked at COMFORCE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Over all an experience, coworkers for the most part made it worth it. Creative on their own reviews.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, laughable commission structure, Moody management that would "adjust" your metrics based on how they felt that week. Several "uncomfortable" situations for female employees in several of the office locations, that basically were swept under the rug after a slap on the wrist.

Break up the good ol boys club, stop cutting corners on everything. Respect those around you.

3. Mismanaged and chaotic

I have been working at COMFORCE

Pros

opportunity to make a lot of money is there, and you can go after almost any position, so you aren't limited.

Cons

the company is cheap. My commission checks/reimbursement checks are ALWAYS wrong and it's like pulling teeth to get someone to fix it. On top of that, the salary base is low, so you depend on that money. Upper management acts like they care, but things get pushed to the side until they are forgotten, which makes it clear they don't value their employees. There is a "no-fun" allowed unspoken rule and management definitely has a "do as I say, not as a do" demeanor.

Take a look at your culture and try to support it. Also, focus on retaining your employees. It is easy to lose sight of what really matters: your employees, when you're too busy scrutinizing every dollar. If you don't change, you're doomed for failure.

5. great

Former Contractor - Travel Coder in Youngstown, OH
    Former Contractor - Travel Coder in Youngstown, OH

I worked at COMFORCE as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

pay,always made the hotel arrangements for me,always paid on time

Cons

I worked as a travel coder

Horrible Boss, Horrible Environment

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at COMFORCE

Pros

The pay was great and there seemed to be opportunity to grow.

Cons

This was probably the worst job I ever had. I have always advanced in any environment. The Manager had major mood swings so one never knew what to expect. The recruit area was not matched to the person and many were set up to fail. If you questioned any management decision, you were immediately released. We all walked around in complete fear. The place is a total revolving door. I counted at least 20 failures in the short time I was there. Stay away!

Provide more coaching and match recruiting area to personality of the recruiter. Maybe give a person some help being successful to build confidence.

7. Procurement

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Everett, MA
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Everett, MA

I worked at COMFORCE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Able to work long assignments

Cons

Takes a while to get referred to a position.

None

8. Good employer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at COMFORCE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is average for a temporary service

Cons

Contracts come to an end

Jobs are offsite with clients

It's great if you want to work in an unorganized frat house setting

Former Employee - Staffing Professional in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Staffing Professional in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at COMFORCE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to gain experience for young inexperienced recruiters.

Cons

Completely unorganzied payroll process (employee and consultant), lack of tenured employees; they aren't able to retain employees due to unrealistic goals for staff, raises are rare, management treats staff as expendable resources, and everyone is micromanaged. Office environment mimics more of a frat house then a professional environment. There's a definite lack of care for consultants and their issues/concerns.

Career development for tenured employees, make better hiring decisions on people, a better training curriculum.

10. A very VERY satisfied Engineering Tecnician with COMFORCE Coding in Tampa bay.

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at COMFORCE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bright and positive staff with incredible talent. My recruiter, Hunter Morgan, mirrored all of the excellent qualities I would expect from a true leader. He consistently spearheads issues one by one while making me feel like his only client!!

I was found by COMFORCE while applying for a position in Linkedin. He called me within 3 days.

Not only did he expertly match my military background in Avionics with my B.S. in EET, he me through the entire hiring process in only 3 days.

On my first day of work, my recruiters met me at the front door just to show their support. Also, Hunter has kept in touch with me even 2 weeks after my hire to check my progress. In my experience, noone does that. That is why COMFORCE is set above the rest.

Stellar Human Resources department, quick with paperwork and payroll.

Cons

I can't find a single Con. Thanks to Hunter, it felt easier than breathing!

Keep an eye out for Hunter, he should be shadowed at least once by new recruiters.

11. A Great Expeirence

Current Contractor - Coder
    Current Contractor - Coder

I have been working at COMFORCE as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The recruiter I worked with (Hunter Morgan) worked his tail off to find the position that best fir my needs. The communication with this young man was very personable and detailed. Hunter worked tirelessly and followed up with every move. After I began my contract, he followed up with me after i began and the weeks after to ensure that the placement was going smoothly as possible. This young man is a true assett to this firm. THe company as a whole is dedicated to finding the best fir for their recruits ,in my opinion at least.

Cons

The company truly works to place their recruits in posistions that fits the recruits needs.

If I were to give one word of advice, Keep an eye on Hunter he is a real go ghetter, true assett.