CONEXIS

CONEXIS Reviews

Updated October 29, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014

Michael Close

Good people but disorganized organization

Current Employee - IT Department in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - IT Department in Irving, TX

I have been working at CONEXIS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are great, really relaxed environment. Company will work with you regarding time off. Pretty good work/life ratio

Cons

understaffed, underfunded, non-existent training, and compensation for growth can not be expected.

Training and fair compensation. Let existing employees interview for higher up positions and receive fair value. I train associates that make more than I do some have lower titles.

CONTRACTORS GET TREATED LIKE TRASH!
    NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at CONEXIS as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

the pay is alright, its not too bad

Cons

i was working at conexis under a contract for a few weeks and i had to quit! That company is so full of lies! Once i started working there all i heard from ppl who work there is "conexis is such a Good company " they made me attend different training classes and one of them was "advocacy class". Its funny cause one their employees who has been working for that company for a few yrs disrespected me after i confirm my supervisor about it she escalate it to a manager and this is what he said "i spoke to that individual and she said its a misunderstanding so thats how we're going to leave it as a misunderstanding, she has been with the company for awhile and does not have a bad history so we're just gonna let it be and forget about it". I had a lot of conflict with her and was bullied by her friends so i had to quit because it was very uncomfortable for me to stay there. They shouldnt treat contractors like crap and think its ok just because theyre not full time employees

conexis should have BETTER training as far as how the system works.
    Conexis should make changes when it comes to temps, they should be treated equal with fulltime employees its very sad to see that.
    There should be respect with all employees since conexis makes a big deal about being an ADVOCATE they should follow their own rules instead of breaking them!

I DONT ADVICE ANYONE TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! THEYRE TWO FACES!

Culture

I have been working at CONEXIS

Pros

Ok but lots of company reorgs.

Cons

Lots of company reorgs.

Be ready to slog !

Current Employee - IT Department in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Department in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CONEXIS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In IT the teams and very small , easy to get recognition if you are doing good. There is plenty of work for everyone ...! promotions are given based on seniority in the company. Time-off requests and perks are based on your hard work and sometimes get comp off for the extra hours.

Cons

The management is strict about maintaining the 8-5 schedule more than anything. Getting the work done is a lower priority here. The team structure is "Old School" with a lot of below average skills. That puts a lot of pressure on the very few that can do things right. This company has a hard time retaining talent.

Senior management needs to learn to use their resources properly and evenly distribute work among teams. IT has poor infrastructure and absolutely no team building culture.

Great place to work...But kids in the office?

I have been working at CONEXIS

Pros

Very friendly and laid back atmosphere. Pay is great.

Cons

Some employees are allowed to have their children at work. I believe some individuals are given special treatment. Also I think that it is very unprofessional to bring your kid to work weekly.

Please get these concerns under wraps because it makes several employees uncomfortable in the Las Colinas location. We don't want to be label as an unsatisfied employee so we have just been dealing with this issue that we have had with one young lady in particular.

Be careful not to be TOO good at your job!

Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Irving, TX

I worked at CONEXIS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many sweet people who do good work and are committed to the company.

Cons

Sad as it is, the very person who hires you decides you may be a little too smart, so decides you must go.

Hire more confident managers who know how to let people do their job -- especially if they are the very person that did the hiring in the first place.

Young Atmosphere

Current Employee - Client Services in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Client Services in Irving, TX

I have been working at CONEXIS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Your birthday is celebrated with balloons and cake. We have potlucks for every and any occasion.

Cons

Micro-management even for salary employees. Treat everyone the same even though some might obviously contribute more and take on more work. When you ask for me work - you get tons. If you ask for less work - you get nothing. It's one extreme or the other - no balance.

Need management training. Learn the concept - it's lonely at the top. Senior management is not really aware of middle management. Once overtime is announced playtime ensues.

Hard work, compensated by pay

I worked at CONEXIS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse workforce with knowledgeable staff willing to train and help new employees on system. Most of management were approachable with an open door policy.

Cons

Specific departments were each held to different (lower) standards. It was acceptable that the Helpdesk was difficult to reach most days to resolve computer issues, yet we were required to respond within 24hours to our clients. Some of the expectations were not realistic in a normal functioning environment. Lack of formal training sessions made it difficult to learn the system and made new employees rely on teammates to answer questions. Where I worked seemed to be understaffed which required long hours for us.

Increase size of team, have meet and greets with employees (or take random polls),

Suffocating

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at CONEXIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offered a company picnic, a whole day off for fun, and a Christmas party.

Cons

Specific management teams would hold employees who proved to be an asset to the company back if they felt they would be superseded.

Get over yourselves and allow the company to grow for the benefit of the company, not as you relate your own security.

Where I should be

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Irving, TX

I have been working at CONEXIS as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Training is the best I have had

Cons

Not able to work before 6a