CONMED Corporation

CONMED Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

CONMED Corporation President, CEO, and Director; Interim President, Linvatec Joe Corasanti

Joe Corasanti

great medical device job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat experience building relationships, prospecting, managing accounts

ConsI have no cons to relay

Lack of support

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsSeveral skilled, professional, positive coworkers

ConsNepotism at the corporate level. Make decision based on stock price- i.e. short term thinking. R&D budgets get slashed every year and there are such gaps in the product line that it is diffcult to sell. In addition there are no corporate contracts and our competitors have sole source agreements which shut the door on the possibility of selling.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave

It's an OK type job. Great for a weekly paycheck.

clean room assembler (Former Employee) Largo, FL

ProsWeekly paycheck thru a temp service. People are friends and nice.

ConsThere's no way and pretty much no guarantee you will get hired on permantley.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's no advice to share here. They all have their heads so far up their butts they can't hear anyone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No professional respect

RN As Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsIf you truly love correctional nursing

ConsVery low rate of pay: I am an RN,BSN working at an LPN rate. All employees have no received a rise in 4 years. No professional respect or professionalism in the workplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerform evaluations as stated in employee handbook. Do what you say you are going to do. Pay attention to your employees concerns, we are the only reason your company will be successful!

Losing strategy and outmatched by competition

ProsFlexible hours, decent salary and benefits, a few decent products. Conmed is a good place to work if your happy coming in 6th place in the market.

ConsToo small to compete in market, poor growth strategy, lack of forward vision, treats employees as an expense instead of an asset, upper management lacks business compass, they are never first to market with anything and they always come out with a subpar product compared to competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep down and allow for someone with proper business knowledge to take over and pull this company out of the gutter or sell ConMed to a larger company that can actually compete in this industry.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Electrosurgery Rep

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsNice people passed through the landscape for short periods of time.

ConsPoor Divisional Management hyperfocused on Micromanagement and looking for reasons to constantly turn over representatives as a means to demonstrate they are "doing something" . The atmosphere was toxic and new representatives lost hope and became afraid quickly. Excessive levels of management for a company as small as it is. There was also a sense that Corporate management was unaware or unwilling to change divisional leadership and improve morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate management get rid of ES Divisional Management and Regional Management

Very Unprofessional Management. Cheap salaries and very micromanagement old managers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Utica, NY

ProsThe only pros is to find a work in that cheap town. No other options

ConsFamily business environment, very cheap and old mentality managers. Always on top of your head with micromanagement notes. Failure to bring new products to market.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stay home and bring some professional leaders from the medical device market to lead the company. No couples in the same work location. Educate people and don't be cheap.

ConMed

Superintendent (Former Employee) Utica, NY

ProsIt's a job in a depressed area

ConsDo not care at all about employees. The attitude is if you blink wrong, your gone. They opened a plant in Mexico and assured everyone that no jobs would be lost in Utica NY. After Mexico operation opened,2 plants were shut down and about 1,500 employees were let go after 3 years of guarantees that all Utica jobs were safe

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to treating employees with respect as you did before going lean.

Great company

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPositive Culture, intelligent group, collaborative,

ConsMedium sized, limited advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Solid Company, Solid Team

Sales Representative (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat team
    Great fundamentals
    Smart products
    Fun environment

ConsSomewhat slow in creating new products
    Could do a better job helping employees get to know one another

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep working on great products and a great environment!

Worked for CONMED Corporation? Contribute to the Community!