CONSOL Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

CONSOL Energy President, CEO, and Director J. Brett Harvey

J. Brett Harvey

Department was relaxed and family oriented

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Canonsburg, PA

Prosgood pay, great benefits, good work environment

Consrelocating displaced workers within the company

Advice to Senior Managementconsider needs of employees

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossafety minded and family oriented

Conssmall area of operations

Treated like an employee from day 1, world-class company

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Canonsburg, PA

ProsFrom day one I was treated as just another employee and given responsibilities and assignments that both challenged me and gave me real-world experiences I could later talk about. Weather it be traveling to various meetings with the heads of the department or heading and helping complete projects, I never felt like "just another intern" while at Consol.

ConsWith any company that is in the coal business, some old fashion tenancies will be there. I personally didn't mind them but some would view as a "con"

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what you're doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

ProsGood company
    Nice people(for the most part)

ConsCan get politcal
    Shady promotions
    Lack of communication amongst dif departments

Advice to Senior Managementnone

fantastic

Warehouser (Current Employee) Cameron, WV

Prosgreat management team as well as supervisors
    very fast paced

Conscan be overwhelming if your not cool headed

IN THIS DOWN ECONOMY THINGS ARE LOOKING UP AT CONSOL!

Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsSome of the best reasons to work at Consol are the benefits....they are the best. They also pay very well. Overall they are an excellent place to work. I was devastated when my husband was transferred.

ConsTHe only thing I found disturbing at Consol was thier policy when laying poeple off. People who had worked there for 20 or 30 years were called to the HR office and then escorted to thier desks with a box to get thier personal items and escorted out the door. They were not allowed to speak to anyone. They were treated as horrible hostile employees. A great lack of respect for people who had spent their entire careers there. That was the ONLY thing I didn't like about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementA layoff is devastating regardless of how it is done however, in the future please try and find a way to do it with a little more respect. People love working there and it is very sad not only for the people being layed off but also for the employees who see it ihappening. THere is no GOOD way to lay people off and I totally understand that it is an issue of safety but there must surely be a better way.

Consol is a saftey and compliance oriented company that wants it employees to go home to thier family everday.

ProsConsol has good benefits,excllent saftey program wiht opportunity to advance if you wish.

Conssome time employees think they are treated differently than other employees at their location.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't try to push something on employees without explaining the reason . It would be best to take time to explain.

GREAT

Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) Indiana, PA

ProsWell respected company! Im very proud to work for them. The opportunity for advancement is HUGE!

ConsLack of training and communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to incorporate a well rounded training program. Communication between Mgt. and employees needs to be better.. overall a great company to work for!

Coal production foreman

Production Foreman (Former Employee) Dallas, WV

ProsGreat pay benefits, like salary overtime and retirement medical benefits. Long term and short term incentive programs. Safety oriented company.

ConsIncreasingly lacking medical benefits, and schedule is not what was promised.

Great Place to Work Overall

Coal Miner (Current Employee) Oakwood, VA

ProsGood pay, quarterly bonus, health, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, supplemental insurance

Conslayoffs and/or hours cut without warning, no Christmas bonus, preferential treatment given to relatives and friends of upper management, no merit raises (raises are given across the board annually to good employees as well as bad-no incentive to perform well)

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication between upper management and mining staff. Acknowledge the extra effort of good employees.

Worked for CONSOL Energy? Contribute to the Community!