COPE Health Solutions Reviews

Allen Miller

1. Direct Patient Care for Undergrad Students

Current Employee - Clinical Care Extender
    Current Employee - Clinical Care Extender

Pros

One of the best ways to get direct patient care experience if you have never had any. Highly recommend being a clinical care extender before starting your medical education if you are on the fence about your career goals.

Cons

Unpaid, which is a little disheartening on the starting nursing floors where you basically function as an extra CNA.

2. Volunteer

Former Employee - Clinical Care Volunteer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Clinical Care Volunteer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at COPE Health Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to gain clinical experience as a volunteer at an affiliated hospital.

Cons

Some companies/schools do not accept this as clinical experience.

Advice to Management

Give your volunteer more training.

Great group of people with tons of passion

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The reviews below from CCE's are for an internship program run by COPE, not the actual corporate office, so take that as you will. Great benefits, perks and the admin team always seems to be working on something new for the employees, from fitness challenges to a resting room to improving our vacation policy. Seemingly unlimited opportunities for growth everywhere you turn. Management trusts the people here to make their own decisions and run with their own initiative. The corporate office is a beautiful place to work. If you have a complaint or concern, you can always find someone to listen. One of the perks of this company being just on the brink of "medium" sized (about 50 employees). Truly focused on internal promotions and therefore employee engagement, development, training and growth.

Cons

Certain processes are outdated and seemingly a waste of time - but everyone knows this, and people are working on or thinking about those problems. Admin team isn't necessarily big enough to handle the workload that the other two divisions (Consulting and HCTI) end up producing. There is a ceiling for growth in certain positions, but the company is committed to its current employees and will seemingly make new positions if necessary.

Advice to Management

Certain line managers take a very directive style when the teamwork and collaboration we profess to follow should be a company wide commitment that is actually practiced; provide training and modeling for these managers so that their employees don't feel overwhelmed or overly criticized

Jun 11, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! We are excited to see that you are enjoying your work and that you appreciate the management team. Most importantly we take your suggestions to heart (as we do those in the ... More

Student Intern

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to experience different units and settings

Cons

Communication between staff and student intern

Jun 11, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! We are really pleased to know that you are having a good experience and appreciate you sharing your thoughts!

Great Place tp Work and Grow Your Career!

Pros

Great people, well educated and hard working...great management team too!

Cons

Growth is fast here, people work hard and enjoy accomplishing much!

Advice to Management

keep getting better!

7. Great experience.

Pros

For Clinical Care Extender Program: Professional Development

Cons

For Clinical Care Extender Program: Shift scheduling.

Top Small Consulting Firm in Los Angeles

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

You own your projects and are appreciated for the work you do AND lauded for the work you do over and above what's expected. The place is crazy busy! The people here are smart and young and fun. We work hard and try to maintain some work-life balance. Above all I feel appreciated...

Cons

Good flow of new business equals some growing pains but management is addressing issues as they arise.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Dec 19, 2014 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your input and the time you've spent to leave your comments. It is an exciting time at COPE Health Solutions!

Rocket-Ship Company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sheryl Sandberg in her book "Lean In" describes advice she was given when she was looking to join the then-unproven Google: "If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on," The "Pros" and "Cons" to this company will sound almost humorously similar: "All-consuming" and "time consuming," "the chance to do everything" and the "responsibility to do everything," or "unparalleled growth" and "growing pains." It is all true. If you are looking to work for COPE Health Solutions, one great value is that we know our flaws, and we know what we are doing to mitigate them. In just the last year I have been here, I have seen our leadership promise and deliver solutions to many of our requests for improvement of work-life balance, of a flat organization structure, and of professional development. I am absolutely impressed by the strides taken to highlight and develop every member of our team, no matter what their position. I recently reflected on the range work I have done in just the last year, and I realized I have far outpaced my five-year plan. I have had to almost scrap it completely, having accomplished so much in so little time. I have been engaged in health care policy development projects, process improvement initiatives, marketing campaigns, recruitment efforts, health care workforce development, patient experience initiatives, re-alignment of financial incentives and curriculum development in just this last year. I have my pick of what I want to work on next, and I work to accomplish it knowing I have a team that is brilliant, willing and resourced to assist. I know I am on a rocket ship. Things rattle, shake and sometimes fall off - but we are getting somewhere fast. This company lives and breathes its vision to change health care, and I have no doubt that it will; It is why I got on. I want to be there when we land at the forefront of a national issue, with an incredible model for change.

Cons

There is a right time for any opportunity, and this may not be the right time for some applicants. I cannot recommend my position to every friend, simply because they are not at the right stage in their career. Also, fair warning, much of what I speak to comes from my position, and may not apply to other positions in this company. This company requires a large time commitment. I would compare the commitment to a full class load at a top-notch university, with out-of-class work and research included. Again, not everyone has the time for this type of work, but it is not unmanageable. The time commitment is not only a question of "how much" but "when." There are many week days that are very normal, and the hours are often very flexible. However, I may have to work on a weekend, sometimes with short notice. This company will not be a good fit if you need step-by-step instructions for your assignments. We live and die by our initiative and innovation abilities. The question is not "who has to do this?" but rather "how can I make this happen?" Everyone has a different work style, and there are some individuals who would be frustrated by this lack of direction. Work-life balance at COPE Health Solutions cannot be approached with the traditional mindset. Work is included in life, and vice versa - and we really mean that. With a kids room at our corporate office and most every company retreat and dinner with a "family (and pets) invited" tag, this is not the type of work that only encroaches on life; we expect life to encroach on work. We see our families and friends as partners in our jobs. If you prefer an environment where work and life are more siloed, this may not be the place to work.

Unrealized potential

Former Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at COPE Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Exposure to high quality brainpower. Because this is consulting tends to be a good chance for metrics based resume bullets.

Cons

Leadership follow through is an issue, a culture of fear, backstabbing and uncertainty cloaked behind smiling faces.

Advice to Management

To keep top talent and reduce the ongoing high turnover listen and delegate to staff. It will be very difficult to keep smart, high caliber people otherwise. Lastly don't assume that everyone is driven by high wages. Dig deep to figure out what motivates each individual contributor and make that the foundation for employee engagement.

Top notch organization! One of the best companies to work for in Los Angeles

Former Employee - Regional Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at COPE Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES - immense opportunity for professional growth and promotions - experience at COPE Health Solutions will distinguish you as a more competitive/marketable candidate for future employment in other organizations - company leadership makes a strong investment in employees' professional development via company-wide retreats, company-sponsored seminars, encouragement to attend conferences, etc COMPANY CULTURE - unmatched organizational culture: fast-paced, motivating, ambitious, bright & hard-charging team members, enjoyable professional experience - strong focus on excellent quality of work (which contributes to the company's excellent reputation among clients) - team members are always recognized and rewarded for excellent performance - all team members come from impressive educational and professional backgrounds TYPE OF WORK - all divisions of the company work with top notch organizations (clients include: hospitals, medical groups, health systems, etc) - you have the opportunity to get involved in cross-divisional projects and explore various areas of healthcare (ie: hospital operations and service line management, healthcare policy, integrated delivery network development and implementation, physician practice and network level care delivery redesign, Lean/Six Sigma process improvement, talent development, strategic planning, etc)

Cons

TIME COMMITMENT - similar to most top notch consulting firms, you need to be willing and ready to put in many hours during the week and on weekends (in exchange, you'll have an unmatched experience that propels your career forward very quickly); with that said, once you have a flow to your time management, it's definitely possible to have the right work-life balance. COMPANY HIERARCHY - the organization is quite flat; therefore, you often times may take on work that could be performed by an entry-level staff member. I'm sure that as the company continues to grow, more layers will be added to the hierarchy to redistribute duties (ie: introduce additional entry-level and middle management positions).

Advice to Management

Given that the company is growing exponentially each year, it'll be critical to build the infrastructure/human capital to sustain the growth - perhaps investing in additional entry-level and middle management positions will be essential for maintaining the excellent quality of work and company reputation.

Dec 19, 2014 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your honest and detailed feedback, we are working hard to build COPE Health Solutions into one of LA's Best Places to Work!

RSS Feed </> Embed