CORE Education & Consulting Solutions

CORE Education & Consulting Solutions CEO Shekhar Iyer

Shekhar Iyer

Fair Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- great coworkers
    - good benefits
    - awesome middle management

Cons- poor training
    - unsatisfactory compensation

Why isn't this place bankrupt yet?

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsManagement is so incompetent that you can pretty much do whatever you want.

ConsPractically everyone here is not qualified with little to no background for their jobs.

Can't even pay their own employees or office rent in Atlanta.

Claims to value transparency, yet I've never seen a more "hush hush" atmosphere before.

Lies to clients about what kinds of services are available and promises unreal time lines.

Has absolutely no value in its loyal employees.

Has slowly been failing for the past several years.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust shoot the horse already.

Pleasant Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-flexible hours and ability to work from home

Cons-boring and quiet office with little culture

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Company with Terrible Upper Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent work/life balance. Had an excellent immediate manager (VP) before he was laid off. Enjoyed office location and some co-workers.

ConsRampant nepotism even if the person(s) couldn't do the job. No advancement opportunities or pay raises. Didn't respect the employees and their expertise. Had trouble paying their employee's wages. Incompetent President with NO Management experience. Upper Management drained the funds from the most profitable division for their use. Laid off the most experienced and competent people. There was no discussions at all from management on how dire the situation was until they finally had to lay people off to pay their bills. A once promising company just ran into the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the incompetent management structures including the idiots in HR and bring in people that can run the company...though right now it's too little too late for this firm.

Potential but lacking structure and talent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWorking in education with the ability to improve education and learning practices across the country. Nice vacation package. Remote work options and good work-life balance. Not too stressful unless a deliverable due date is approaching.

ConsLimited resources including software purchasing capability. More of a who you know, than hiring people with the right skillset and experience. Limited "small" contracts and industry exposure. Question how many came to be in a management role. Leadership is lacking and without processes throughout the organization. Most work is just done with little to no direction or clear path. As a consulting company, most hired have little consulting experience which could explain their inability to obtain new clients and keep the small number of current clients happy. Main goal is to get by, not to excel. A lot of low quality off shore development work. But you get what you pay for.

Promotions... what promotions? Raise... what's a raise? Benefit package is not the best. High premiums with high out of pocket costs. Salary is decent but expect to stay at that salary for a while.

Limited growth opportunities with limited contracts and being a small company. Most people stay there because they are comfortable and probably won't get the same title or pay in a real consulting company. It's unlikely you'll grow much because there is no clear growth path. They just started a personal development process with annual goal setting recently. So that can tell you how much they care about your career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people with the right skillset and experience to operate in a consulting role. Hire management that knows how to effectively manage a project and staff. Have a clear direction and expect excellence from ALL employees. Should be more concerned about the quality of products delivered to clients.

Initially had difficulty getting paid in a timely manner. Company needed to communicate with me and administrators.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany ad enabled me to find what could have been an ideal job for me.

ConsHad no contact from CORE for over a year. Not clear when my financial obligation to them was fulfilled and when I could negotiate as a free agent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep track of your employees, and support them if they are experiencing difficulties in their placement, Inform employer and employee when contractual financial obligations have been fulfilled.

This place is not worth the anxiety it causes.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI suppose it's good that they offer tuition reimbursement, though the unspoken expectation of 60+ hour weeks, including nights and weekends, makes it near impossible for employees to take advantage of it.

ConsRampant nepotism. Lack of tangible, relevant, sellable products. No job security; management makes everyone feel replaceable. Total disregard for employees' personal time. Unrealistic job expectations and responsibilities. Incompetent middle management takes credit for their team's accomplishments while refusing to take responsibility for team and personal failures. Structural organizational changes and a lack of communication between all levels of employees make the atmosphere as a whole uncertain, unstable, and chaotic. I wish there was a way to give zero stars... this company is not even worth the 1 star I had to give it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who are competent and have proven experience in the role you are putting them in, rather than people who "know someone." Show your employees who are loyal, consistently go the extra mile, and are doing a good job that they are valued and appreciated, not like they should be constantly showing gratitude for the favor of employment.

On the Right Track

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNew executive leadership recently established has clearly defined strategy, goals and objectives. Innovative product & service offerings in education, technology and staffing are gaining momentum and sales are experiencing positive growth, so morale is high. Great people and work environment with career advancement potential.

ConsExperienced some leadership inconsistency during corporate reorganization last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue invest in professional development of employees and anticipate resources needed to support company growth.

Positive things are happening.

Operations (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe executive management team continues to make positive changes and I am encouraged with the new direction in which the company is headed.

ConsThe company has received a negative wrap over the past year. However much of the negativity was a result of employees with moral issues and are no longer with the company. In my opinion, the management team didn’t terminate the bad apples quick enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive forward as there are many positive things happening and your staff supports you.

scum bags

Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Proscant think of anything at the moment

Consunprofessional and sleezy. your better off working at a used car lot.

Advice to Senior Managementhow do you guys sleep at night

Worked for CORE Education & Consulting Solutions? Contribute to the Community!