Glassdoor is your free inside look at CORPORATE ACCOUNTABILITY INTERNATIONAL reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by CORPORATE ACCOUNTABILITY INTERNATIONAL employees.
Former Employee – worked at CORPORATE ACCOUNTABILITY INTERNATIONAL full-time for more than a year
Pros – - Liberal-minded social responsible, *very* intelligent people
- Most low and mid-level staff were caring and warm
- Very inclusive environment - staff milestones and birthdays are celebrated
- 100% coverage for health insurance
- Org creates actionable goals for each quarter
Cons – - Very low pay, even for a non-profit. Especially when considering the extended work hours (9-6 is the standard) and all staff are expected to do fundraising
- Organization has growing pains when it comes to staff (micro)-management
- Travel is expected for some positions, but staff are asked to room at a donor's home
- Tensions at the CEO and director level. 1 or 2 difficult personalities
- Over-planning, too much time spent planning campaign actions and not enough time to complete them
Advice to Senior Management – Pay staff a living wage. Realize that the organization is no longer a 5-person non-profit, so consider managing it like a larger one (e.g., paying for a hotel, respecting employee's lunch hour by not holding "working lunches" each month, training director-level management on how to work with other departments.)
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2013-03-26 13:44 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –