COmputing TechnologieS

Be The First To
Add Photos

Manuel Sosa Jr.

So far, so good!

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsPeople are great, management is friendly, and software is supportable. While I'm admittedly new here in Kansas City, I strongly suspect that this is a place I will want to stick with (developing software for them) for many years to come. If I learn differently, I'll post about it when/if it happens. I was concerned when I read other reviews for COmputing TechnologieS, Inc, because some people (one person?) had very negative things to say. I must say that I haven't seen a single one of the problems that the other posts mentioned. Overall, it looks like a great place. I'm not posting this anonymously, because I want people to be able to see it is legit, as one poster claimed that only management left good reviews. :) I'm a software dev in the trenches, and I'm leaving a good review.

ConsThe only thing I've seen so far is that the code base I'm working with is in a framework that is a bit old (Struts 1.2). That just isn't that big of a deal for me though, so it's a very minor 'con'. Also, decisions that require "higher ups" to sign off are a bit slow, but that is normal for the industry we work in, so it was something I expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Finding a way to automate and streamline the time recording system would be nice, but <shrug>, this is also not that big of a deal.

IT/IA and Development

N/A (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsThere are no Pros to working here

Cons10 hour work days plus a Mandated extra hour for lunch, 11 hour days strictly enforced.
    Constant turnover from the lucky few that score new jobs. Toxic management. The prime is the reason

Advice to Senior ManagementI refuse to give any advice

My experience at COmputing Technologies, Inc. was an amazing educational and experience gaining endeavor.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGives pople a chance to be the best them they can be.

ConsSome of the Managers are not very qualified, and the workers tended to suffer.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace some of the poorer managers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at cots has been an experience.

Fairfax, VA

ProsCots has a great outside environment.

ConsIt is very unprofessional but it starts from the management. This company is mainly Hispanic so you have to listen to Spanish all day between clerks and employees. This problem was approached to management but yet it still goes on. This is very rude. If you are not related or know someone you wont get special treatment. People have side business's within the company using our system. Everyone is connected that are managers and lead clerks. People can barely speak or read English but they are the highest paid and just have one assignment. HR and management are no help. Unable to move up and no moral. Management and HR are not helpful or welcoming.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease learn how to talk to your employees and stop the favortism. The problem is everyone is family and close friends. Please stop making it your priority to watch certain people when all need to be watched equally as a company. I felt uncomfortable and targeted and by speaking with other employees that are not of the Hispanic race they feel the same also. I'm certain it has been this way for a long time but I seen plenty of favortism towards Hispanics in that work place between management and lead clerks. You all know it but cover it. I'm unsure how this is allowed in 2013 in America.

Not in KC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe others that say this is a good company, are the Managers themselves, making themselves look good, and the owner of COTS falls for it!

ConsMgmt in KC do NOT care about you, they are sarcastic and demeaning, just for fun. They are a subcontractor to CSC, and they are worse and will not listen to you

Advice to Senior ManagementFire your KC management and start over

Family atmosphere with good people

Dumfries, VA

ProsGreat benefits in a family atmosphere. Strong commitment to employees. Good communication between management and staff. Good opportunities for advancement within the company.

ConsSometimes the family atmosphere goes too far. Incompetence is tolerated for way too long. Strong leader phase. Some offices not progressive in terms of women in the workplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementTackle personnel issues head-on. Do more than set high expectations. Follow up and demand performance from all. Be more flexible with telework.

Frustrating

ProsIf you are ex-military or want to work on government contracts with various agencies;

ConsLack of senior level leadership; lack of communication; utilization of only legacy technologies in operations but stating they are an innovative technology company; no career advancement available outside of contract growth; too much family and family relations hiring; it creates environment of distrust and favoritism; every decision has to be made by or vetted through president

Worked for COmputing TechnologieS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at COmputing TechnologieS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for COmputing TechnologieS CEO Manuel Sosa Jr. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by COmputing TechnologieS employees.