CPA Australia

Be The First To
Add Photos

CPA Australia CEO Alex Malley

Alex Malley

Amazing team and environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe team is amazing to work with and they are always bubbly and energetic. They are also always willing to help.

ConsThey may be a bit disorganised sometimes. Sometimes a bit difficult to get a hold of the people you want, but most of the time it is more than fine.

Ego maniac CEO ruining this place

Marketing (Former Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsGood brand for your resume, despite the leadership can sometimes get some good projects to work on.

ConsThe CEO is killing the place. People who speak up are 'managed out' so overtly that it's truly astonishing that they haven't been called on it. Leadership is a massive boys club and the way they spend member's money is so wasteful. HR are there only to enable management to remove anyone who voices an opinion. Such a shame because it used to be a great place to work.

As a student CPA ambassador, it s good for ur resume, but ready to be used as cheap labour"

CPA Student Ambassador (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

Pros. it s a well-established brand, hence it s good for your resume
    . the nature of the job is easy, mainly on-campus marketing campaign
    . it s voluntary, hence no pressure on workload
    . a lot of career opportunities for oversea work, some at MNCs

Cons. the managers dont seem to be very genuine, they care more for their biz than the ambassador
    . they earn money from our work, but we work for free

Advice to Senior Managementbe more genuine and supportive to ur ambassadors

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid the IT dept at all costs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people working there make it better

ConsConstant reshuffle going on, high staff turnover, IT dept run by a CIO who doesn't care about staff, just wants to clean up team and cramming in as many projects in parallel instead of focusing on the big overhaul system project. Some staff haven't received training for a few years. CEO is hell bent on using the company to promote himself via TV shows, high profile interviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementSorry your crap out. Make staff happy if you want it to be "the worlds best membership organization". Pay more instead of lower end of scale.

Managing local and head office expectations proves challenging

Manager (Former Employee) Singapore (South Africa)

ProsFriendly and pleasant office environment, reasonably competitive compensation, travel opportunities.

ConsLocal association members' representatives on divisional council have too much say on local affairs often not aligned to executive decisions in head office, local councillors are volunteers who do not understand the business of running a professional association, one reporting line but accountability to local council and head office often proves challenging because of different agenda.

Advice to Senior ManagementResolve conflicting directions from divisional council and head office, provide support to local divisional office.

Very interesting

Governance & Membership Executive (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsWas a Good place to work

ConsHead office needs to control more

2 years in

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsGreat place to work. Very supporting environment, work/life balance is top-notch, good facilities and perks.

ConsA very flat organisational structure, leaving very little room for progression.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees something to aim for.

Worked for CPA Australia? Contribute to the Community!