CPAS Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
David E. Rive

Keeps running into trouble; employees pay but top management remains the same

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at CPAS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good place to get Canadian Experience if you never had an IT job in Canada before. Can learn a lot if you are a self starter and capable of learning on your own or with very little training. I don't work there anymore.

Cons

Obscure tools may make it difficult to transfer skills to next position. Have to work to keep skills current. Family like atmosphere means employees are treated like kids and the management team never changes. I still have the same mother and father. Low turnover means stagnation and innovation is stifled because the management team protects their turf from all outsiders

Advice to Management

You have a great product that can be adapted to so many different financial products but you still stick to pensions where you are at the mercy of interest rates and the economy. Change at the top is needed to seek out new clients and develop new products on the CPAS platform. The same old vision doesn't work.

A great work environment.

I have been working at CPAS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great product and interesting but complex work for a very diverse group of clients. A family-like culture, with a very high number of long service employees. There is lots of opportunity for travel, including overseas.

Cons

The pressures of meeting delivery deadlines and managing client relationships and expectations. Had to scale back benefits and pay during recession.

Advice to Management

Weed out non-performers more quickly, and improve compensation for those who do perform.

Good potential, bad leadership

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CPAS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a Goodlife gym downstairs in the same building. Some co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable. The work is both challenging and rewarding if you like problem solving and technology.

Cons

Some co-workers are not friendly to new employees. Management is unappreciative, disorganized, and communicates poorly. There is no real training offered to employees, and no one is responsible for monitoring the work employees do, and no coaching provided unless something goes wrong. They try to cut costs as much as possible. There hasn't been any raises or bonuses since I got here. During annual review, they discounted everything I had accomplished so that they would not have to increase my salary, regardless of all of the positive feedback from the clients I managed.

Advice to Management

The best move would be to sell the company, so that new management can take over and run the business in a more organized and productive manner. You should find an effective way to train and coach your staff. Having the top minds in the industry is what will make your organization successful.

RSS Feed </> Embed