CPC Logistics Reviews

Doug Crowell

Not good

Former Employee - Peddle/Relay Driver in Southhaven, MS
    Former Employee - Peddle/Relay Driver in Southhaven, MS

I worked at CPC Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is great that's all that's great about this company if u want CPC to be the end of your driving career an your the type of driver that can run 24 7 solo then this would be the perfect jib for u do not I repeat do not end ur career with this company they are gone do just like they are doing now wright another post an hire another driver

Cons

As a driver an all the companies that don't want to pay a driver they took all those companies an put them into one big company CPC witch is a temporary service....if u want to run none stop an I mean non stop ....bye all those companies being one an not many driver's they expect that truck to move 24 hrs a day ....an that lie about getting u home no no an when you start bringing it to there attention they will fire u what they expect out of a driver is physically impossible an they pay u but trystvur gona pay for everything out there on that road retaining to that truck

They just are not good people at all

CPC Logistics Response

Oct 9, 2014

CPC Logistics has been in service since 1973. Currently we employ close to 4,000 drivers. Our goal is to keep drivers safe and to make sure driver concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely ... More

Difficult to advance for certain minorities & lacking great leadership in many areas

I worked at CPC Logistics

Pros

Most co-workers are helpful and certain leadership members have positive qualities. The working hours are good if you like evenings, holidays and weekends off.

Cons

I left CPC earlier this year for the following reasons:
    Similar to a previous reviewer, I found it difficult to receive recognition or career advancement opportunities while working for CPC Logistics. The job that I was in was ok, working hours were reasonable and most people I dealt with daily were wonderful. However; I found the large variance in salaries (between the manager and the person reporting to him) to be very dissatisfying. In my case, I handled all of the same duties of the manager, I just didn't have the title and I made approximately 1/3 of his annual salary. I also found the fact that job assignments I was exclusively responsible for earned a bonus for the manager, but earned nothing for me. This is work that the manager wouldn't even begin to know how to execute. In the right environment, this type of concern could have been communicated to management and hopefully policies, bonus structure, pay structure and job responsibilities could have been reevaluated and perhaps changed. It was soon made clear to me that CPC did not have that type of environment and that it would be best if I just kept quiet or my job would be in jeopardy.

Additionally, at three different points, I was promised a pay increase with a promotion and/or increase in responsibilities for the contributions that I was making to the success of the company and my past experience. Each time, the promised date of the promotion/pay increase came and went, with no raise and no communication from the leadership team member making the promise. The final time, the leadership member who was making the promise even gave me a very specific date that the raise would go into effect and discussed specific job responsibilities that I would assume. The date of the promotion came and went, again with no word from that leadership member. Many of the contributions that I made to the company ended up being implemented company-wide with the executives taking 100% credit for the idea. I was never recognized or compensated for work (above and beyond my job description) that I was producing for the company to help with various initiatives. Additionally, I was not even given the opportunity to interview for some positions, for which my past experience and proven track record at CPC made me more than qualified. The most insulting thing was: these positions were created based on my suggestions for a company initiative that was implemented at a corporate level.

It is extremely discouraging to work for a company that, in my perception, does not value the contributions of their employees. I am not 100% sure if gender or race is a determining factor for leadership determinations about which individuals receive promotions and pay increases, however; based on my experience while working for the company I did notice that certain white, male employees were given pay increases/promotions, while female employees were utilized for extraordinarily heavy workloads and did not receive the same recognition or monetary compensation. In my particular case, I was contributing to company-wide initiatives and filling in for the manager in his absence, all while maintaining my own job duties satisfactorily, yet I received no raise or recognition, at the same time, 2 managers were given promotions and pay increases, for doing nothing more than their job description. Is it a coincidence that both of these managers were white males? It was very disheartening to work in this type of culture and environment.

When a culture of the "good old boys club" is embedded in an organization and certain people and positions are perceived as disposable, it is very difficult for people in those positions to make suggestions that are regarded in a positive manner by leadership. If I could have made these suggestions as an alternative to resigning, I would have. I was fearful for retaliation and an even slimmer chance of being recognized for my hard work or compensated fairly for contributions that I made to help the success of the company.

If I could, I would suggest that the company truly re-evaluate the vast differences in compensation and advancement opportunities among all of their employees including females and minorities. In addition to this, I believe that job descriptions need to be reevaluated based on the work the employees are actually performing, not what the executives believe they are doing (there is a vast difference, in my opinion) This would help them more fairly evaluate compensation, bonus structure and possibilities for advancement, as well as title and job description. I would also suggest that leadership team members ensure that all employees are properly recognized and compensated for their work.

A culture where employees feel valued and respected is one where the company truly benefits from increased morale and work production, as well as decreased employee turn-over. It seems to be a win-win, but I am not confident that the leadership in this company take that same view, unfortunately.

Are you kidding me????

I have been working at CPC Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None that I've been able to determine!

Cons

If you are a manager (aka MAN) you get a big fat bonus AND a raise to the tune of about $10,000, but if you are a "clerical help" (aka WOMAN) who does the majority of the manager's job for them while they are at the bar getting drunk or going golfing, you get 1 extra paycheck to the tune of about $1000 and gosh darn it, you'd better be grateful for that "bonus" instead of a raise for the last 5 years!!! Oh, PS......the executive feel that the "clericals" are compensated fairly, while the managers earn over twice what the clericals make already! WHAT????? Oh, and forget getting promoted, no matter how qualified you are to do the job!

Get out of the 1970's where all women were secretaries and got paid pennies on the dollar for their job description! Maybe your company wouldn't be in so many EEOC lawsuits if you treated people fairly and equitably!! Your company is so stupid for not capitalizing on people's talents and compensating them fairly!

good pay. grueling work,hot

Current Employee - Dock Worker in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Dock Worker in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at CPC Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good pay,decent benefits,no points for attendance

Cons

2nd shift only/no raises/apathetic management

get feedback from employees and listen

CPC Logistics Response

Jul 29, 2014

CPC Logistics takes pride in making sure all driver concerns are given the proper attention. Management and drivers are kept up to date with new laws and policies. Come and experience for yourself ... More