CPI Security Systems

CPI Security Systems Reviews

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014

Kenneth J Gill

Great experience, receptive and involved leadership

I have been working at CPI Security Systems

Pros

Fun work atmosphere, beautiful campus, excellent colleagues, a truly wonderful place to work!

Cons

there are no cons to working here. CPI is growing fast, so there are challenges yo our work environment but we're it together.

never lose your culture!!!

Awesome company with GREAT culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at CPI Security Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The CEO and company focus a lot on employees which has lead to great tenure. They also participate in a lot of charitable events and spend time giving back to local communities which was important to me when selecting a company to work for.

Cons

The company is in the middle of a growth spurt and trying to make changes to accomodate all employees while at the same time keeping the overall goal in mind of expansion. This will come with some growing pains but they have done a great job of doing thier best to check in with employees and try to make as many people happy as possible.

Creating a new tiered system so more tenured employees recieve reviews, raises, and advancement opportunities first but also ensuring that all employees do get the opportunity to have a review and chance for a raise.

Wonderful people with GREAT culture!

Current Employee - Future Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Future Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CPI Security Systems (less than an year)

Pros

Everybody at the company are great people. Everyone is pulling in the same direction and are wanting to grow the company and provide the best products and services. The CEO takes care of his employees and wants everyone to succeed. The CEO is also very smart and knows how to run a sales and service organization. The company has great facilities and leading technologies. The company is growing and will more than double in the next few years. Great place to start or to move to, to grow your career and future.

Cons

I am racking my brain. At this point I believe that the below with negative remarks are from the people who did not fit in with the culture at CPI. They have a great culture of what I would call people like me. If you do not want to work your butt off, help grow an organization, work with a team, then I think this would not be the place for you. Every company is going to have their challenges, you just need to keep your eye on the target and have the passion to grow and move forward. It is easy to be negative. It is your choice to be positive. Your call.

Continue to look for the best sales and sales management candidates to grow the organization. Continue to look for the best service associates to take care of your clients.

great product, horrible leadership

I worked at CPI Security Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

quality product and service. some excellent hard workers there

Cons

family run business, intimidation runs supreme.

Hire up. Hire people that know what they are doing and get out of the way.

Immoral and Unethical Leadership

Current Employee - Senior Leader in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Leader in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at CPI Security Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The bottom line is this company would be excellent if all of the senior leadership was removed including the owner. The products, services and employees are top notch.

Cons

Senior leadership not only puts their toes on the moral and ethical line but they jump over it daily. This is due to the direction and orders of the CEO. I know this first hand as I was part of this team and asked to do things that kept me up at night.

Read a few books on leadership, calibrate your moral compass and remember that 400+ good people work for you. They look up to you to guide them in their career path.

CPI Security Systems Response

Oct 6, 2014Recruiting Manager

We take pride in doing the right thing for our customers, employees and our community. CPI Security and it's CEO have an impeccable reputation for doing just that for the last 32+ years. CPI has won ... More

Excellent company and product

Former Employee - Business Solutions Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Business Solutions Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CPI Security Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great company, great product, good comission structure

Cons

straight comission, one call sales expected

Great Learning opportunity

Current Employee - Securiy Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Securiy Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CPI Security Systems full-time

Pros

This a great opportunity to learn the in's and out's of in home sales. Once you figure it out a pretty decent income can be earned.

Cons

Be prepared to knock on a lot of doors

Although there are a lot of great benefits, the lack of respect for your sales teams work life balance is very evident

Great to Customers Horrible on Sales Reps

I have been working at CPI Security Systems full-time

Pros

Remember that you are in an interview with a manager who was once a sales rep who is trying to sell the company on you.

Cons

I had my interview and after 32 years in the workforce, I have all the right questions to ask before making a career change. After the first 3 months were over the rules that weren't mentioned came to the surface. You have to fight to make sure you get paid your commission. They paint a rosie picture of the commercial end but they are not very competitive in that segment. The draw that they promise you also gets taken away after two bad weeks. I have seen too many good people come and go into this company because of pay disputes and lack of management support.

LIARS LIARS LIARS - REVOLVING DOOR WITH SALES REPS

Former Employee - Business Solutions Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Business Solutions Representative in Greensboro, NC

I worked at CPI Security Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Residential business is their niche, they advertise adequately for this market. That's it.

Cons

This company is trying to get into commercial sales and service but they don't have a clue. The corporate clerks treat everybody rude through emails copying every one in the company often times chastising you by mistake. The corporate clerks can also override the VP of Sales or any other Manager above them, they kill deals for stupid reasons and they don't get installed and the sales people are falsely blamed.
    This company loves you as long as you drink the cool aid and work from 8am to 10 pm each night including weekends for a peanuts of a pay plan that is from the 80's. The equipment sold is 30 year old equipment that is so outdated it still has wires and keypad buttons...really??? Buttons??? lol
    There are 80 emails a day of butt kissing saying..."I set two appointments for tomorrow" well, that's your job congratulations. If you are not in your twenties with no spouse, kids, or a life, and willing to work for commission only, then you will not last here.
    Most Managers have less sales experience and/or training than their underlings.

Stop hiring people for business sales that have never been in the business, exspecially, since you do not train for business AT ALL.
    Many of your Managers have less experience than their underlings, this is both in Sales and Operations.
    Corporate $10 per hour clerks think they are over everyone, even your corporate officers. They are extremely rude to all sales reps over email, and they are costing you millions of dollars in business every year that the competition is getting because they will not install a deal over something stupid.