CPR My Career Reviews

Reset
CEO

Employees in Call Center aren't clear on Company Practices

I worked at CPR My Career

Pros

Its my experience after reading some of these posts that the Call Center employees were not clear on what the company does. It is both a Financial Planning and Job Placement company because many company investment plans can only be turned over in between jobs without a penalty or fee...so it makes sense that a placement company would offer both.

Cons

I think that management was not clear enough in ensuring that ALL employees understood fully what the objective was. While I was working there as a project manager I did hear grumblings especially from the Call Center about what they were doing and how much they were paid. My advice for any of the current or ex employees is Ask if you are not sure, get a different job if you don't like the pay or benefit...and before you post make sure you understand what your company does because its right there on the front page of the company website- financial planning and job placement.

Dishonest

I worked at CPR My Career

Pros

There are no pros for this company

Cons

They post fake positions, so that candidates will apply to the positions. Once they have your contact information they try to sell you financial products. Instead of posing as a recruiting company they should just advertise themselves as offering retirement planning and financial services.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to the public!

call-center

I have been working at CPR My Career

Pros

Employees are hardworking and well-intentioned.

Cons

Company platform is dishonest, pursuing people who are seeking new employment opportunities, and trying to get them to schedule meetings with financial planners. Why don't they just advertise their objectives, honestly?

Advice to Management

Create a transparent business model that targets people in the market for financial planning services, and not placement services.

Assistant Recruiter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at CPR My Career

Pros

It seems like a legit company at first....

Cons

Bait and switch.....you're telling people you're a recruiter, but you are really just vetting people to see if they have retirement accounts and trying to set up a meeting with a retirement specialist.

6. Great Company to Word For

Former Employee - Secretary in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Secretary in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at CPR My Career full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at CPR my career for 4 years. During this time I had one child. They were wonderful with my appointments and always working around my schedule. They really care about people. They really cared about me. When I had my second child and my mom was diagnosed with cancer, I could no longer work with them but they were really concerned with me and also making sure that the people I worked with who trusted us to help them find a job were well looked after. I think they are great and they do a good job getting people back to work.

Cons

No real cons here. They are really great people.

Advice to Management

Getting a job is stressful and CPR works with a lot of stressed out people who take cheap shots at them when they don't get hired as fast as they would like. But the reality is, some people are not hireable because of their personal issues or they really don't want to work. When you work with the public anyone can say anything and theres not much anyone can do about so you have to see for yourself.

7. Honorable and hard working company

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator

I worked at CPR My Career full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Driven to succeed allowing employees to dictate their salary. Great incentive plans.

Cons

No cons. The job seeker has a lot of resources available at CPR and a company dedicated to helping them.

this company and process is unique and can help the lives of many. everyone is important no matter their credentials

Current Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at CPR My Career full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

we help everyone vs the select few needed to fill the jobs. there are some who need our services more than others, but if understood and followed correctly..it can greatly improve a person's struggle in finding employment. the best part is hearing from a client/candidate that they are so grateful for the guidance and help and the care we give them when all other hope was lost for them!

Cons

a little slower than a traditional Recruiting firm. but that's only because they help each person, qualified for a job or not. no other recruiting firm even reaches out a second time to those they don't need for that certain job.
    the other con is talking to closed mind people who are rude and judgmental. annoying

Advice to Management

I think ultimately the assistantd as well as the recruiting section. need to come together and make sure the ones on the calls with each candidate understand the Recruiting part of the process more so when conveyed to others its not misunderstood or taken as a sales pitch, scam or a hoax. the employees on the calls with these people are the legs of the company. to get the message out right, everyone needs to work WITH each other within..

CPR is about selling financial products

I have been working at CPR My Career

Pros

None really. They are no focus on finding anybody a job. They are just looking to sell financial products.

Cons

They mislead people.hey are no focus on finding anybody a job. They are just looking to sell financial products.

Advice to Management

Be upfront.

RSS Feed </> Embed