CPXi
www.cpxi.com New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

CPXi Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Michael Seiman

Good company poised for great success

I have been working at CPXi full-time for less than a year

ProsCPX has a very relaxed dress code, so if you're not the type who enjoys the suit and tie get up this is a huge pro. They really do make an effort to make the workplace enjoyable while still maintaining professionalism. The people are friendly and generally good to work with, the company benefits are very good and the company as a whole is growing substantially. With that said, putting in hard work can go a long way.

ConsThe flip side of the relaxed environment is being willing to put in long hours as necessary. You won't be staying late every day but you should be prepared to do so. There is also somewhat of a disconnect between divisions as far as what each group does, but this could also be simply because there have been more hires coming in the past year.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to hear more from upper management directly. By hearing what they have to say about their strategic vision for the company and where it is going would give greater assurance to employees and establish a more unified vision of the company across all of its divisions.

Not a safe environment to work in.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CPXi full-time

ProsFrat feeling if you like it.
Young and fun culture with great benefits.

ConsFrat feeling if you don't like it.
Not so much place to grow.
They promise a lot but in reality, they do nothing to fulfill it.
Bad communication between management and employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your communication and try not to think and show that you think you are better than all the rest.

Only mediocre, unqualified and unscrupulous yes-people should apply.

I have been working at CPXi full-time

ProsIf you're mediocre, you have a strong possibility of thriving at CPX. Particularly if your a programmer. If you have no scruples, you found your home. This is a good place to be if you will do anything to your clients to make an extra half a cent.

ConsThe management team is worst I have ever seen. There should be a case study done on these guys. They are 100% low-level sales people - think used car salesmen - that want to play as if they are big ad-tech people, but have no idea what they are doing.

The company restructures every 5 weeks, literally. They just let go another batch, making it about 50 people since September. In each restructure the people that stay are unbelievably the ones that produce the least amount and quality, but who are the least threatening to the [highly insecure] "original" leadership.

The company has no "real" values [or value], although it tries really hard to convince the market by doing lots of public relations that they have a great culture. And technically it does, for the people that are unscrupulous and untrustworthy.

The level of incompetence is truly an amazing sight to see. It really cannot be explained in less than 10,000 words, so I leave you with this warning. Stay away from this place if you are looking to be taken seriously in Ad-Tech.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the management is to get new management and focus your energies on sales and "actually" being trustworthy, as opposed to going around telling the world that you are. Also, returning what is not yours would probably go a long way towards getting clients to trust CPX.

Blind leading the blind

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CPXi

ProsI met good people that can I network with in the future.

ConsIt's like a chicken running with it's head cut off. Direction is definitely needed -- I would encourage if you have a game plan for the year -- STICK TO IT! If for some reason that game plan needs to change -- change so with caution and with proper directives.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe bosses, not leaders.

Negative Experience!! Do not work there!!!

Employee (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at CPXi full-time for more than a year

ProsDress down, holiday break, free lunches. That's about it.

ConsUnder paid!!!! #1 reason why their best employees leave. Long hours, inconsiderate of your time, poor management, lack of communication between managers and their employees, unprofessional and inappropriate at times. You will find a lot of favoritism going on and employee's kissing their boss's a**.
Don't believe the good reviews on here, I bet they told their employees to write that. Check the dates on the reviews-- seems odd all from the same day...hmmmmm.

CPX Interactive provides the perfect environment for it's employees to learn & grow their professional career.

I have been working at CPXi full-time

ProsCPX Interactive truly embodies the phrase "work hard, play hard." You will be working alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, challenged by the ever-evolving landscape of the business, and free to express your true self and reach your full potential in an entrepreneurial environment. Never forgetting to have fun, the employees of CPX Interactive also enjoy interacting socially, having industry parties in our office, and share a beer from one of the 2 beer taps in our kitchen (after work hours of course).

ConsCPX Interactive is currently a rapidly growing company, offering tons of opportunity for internal growth, but still in it's initial stages of properly on-boarding & training it's entry level hires.

Additionally, CPX Interactive offers a culture where the management & corporate level do not micro-manage their employees. While this is a benefit to many, it can be seen as a con to an individual who isn't as motivated or a "self-starter" to reach their full potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote an entrepreneurial & free environment for your employees. CPX Interactive is a great place to work because you can help to lead the digital advertising industry, but you don't feel bound by an overly constricting corporate environment.

Great culture and attitude in a growing company

I have been working at CPXi full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBeen working at CPX for 5 years. They have always been supportive and considerate through thick and thin. Since day 1 I have always felt part of an accepting family in CPX which hasn't changed.

The companies recent move from LI to NYC has seen a drastic positive change in both structure and growth which has been welcomed throughout the entire staff. The office has many perks which makes it enjoyable to come to every day.

There have been many changes structurally within the organization that have only helped to strengthen their business plan moving forward. I'm happy to continue working here and assist in it's growth in the industry. There is a definite air among the office to continue to snowball our progress and succeed together as a family.

ConsEven with the added people and department management positions and a number of new employees, work still piles up high and makes day to day stressful.

Last minute large projects too often arise and interrupt previous last minute projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to the gameplan

A fun and exciting company to work in.

I have been working at CPXi full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOne major pro to working in the company is that they don't mind taking risks. They love to stay ahead of the technology curve and try out new things all the time, from either trying out a new ticketing system to using new programming languages for our new CMS systems. Bureaucracy has no room here. Oh and how can I forget, another pro is the fact that we have beer and a game room!

ConsNot much of a con but the company is still pretty new compared to other companies. The company as a whole is becoming more structured.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice for management would be to keep up the good work but also let the little people know about all the what's going on for cpx.

CPX Interactive After 6 Months

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at CPXi full-time for less than a year

Pros- Challenging work solving complex problems in an exploding industry

- Tons of growth potential for this organization

- Exciting work environment with lots of Amenities including Stocked Kitchen, Game Room, Gourmet Coffee Machines, Soda & Beer Taps. People stay late just to hang out at work. Family & Friends can't believe what a welcoming work space we have

- Energetic management who want to be involved and build a dominant organization

Cons- The Commute. Wish getting into Manhattan was easier

- The Bathrooms. Wish they were a little bigger

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing and come onto the floor to talk to all levels of employees from time to time. Don't let meetings get in the way of keeping a personal touch with your various teams.

Change our HQ listing at Glassdoor to New York, NY

A great supportive place to work

I have been working at CPXi full-time for less than a year

ProsCPX treats its employees with respect and consideration. Always there to support them, they believe in promoting from within. the managers are friendly and helpful and there's space to grow

ConsWhile growing, there is a ceiling for upward mobility

Worked for CPXi? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CPXi reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CPXi CEO Michael Seiman. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by CPXi employees.