CR England Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Chad England

Pros
  • If you truly want to be a truck driver this is the place to start (in 4 reviews)

• This company is fast paced and constantly growing (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Thirdly, they give you little to no home time what so ever within your 9 months (in 10 reviews)

• CR England will do everything in their power to force you to be on the "Lease" program, where you lease a truck from them (in 5 reviews)

1. Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stansbury park, Tooele, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stansbury park, Tooele, UT

I have been working at CR England (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of different types of jobs to choose from. Room to move up.

Cons

Sometimes management doesn't listen to the masses. There should be more of that.

2. About to start my 1st day with them tomorrow

Pros

They paid for all my transportation to get to a hotel with no cost to me even for the hotel

Cons

The hotel kinda sucks. 1st room we checked in wasn't cleaned & shower in current room sucks, the water pressure is way to hard. Stings your body!

3. truck driver

Current Employee - Night Cleaner C R England Driver in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Night Cleaner C R England Driver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CR England (Less than a year)

Pros

get earned cdl license, training,

Cons

low mileage salary, mis information on the qualcom messages.

Advice to Management

there's some mis information on the qualcom

5. Good company

Current Employee - Driver Trainer
    Current Employee - Driver Trainer

I have been working at CR England (Less than a year)

Pros

If you get the right driver manager you can make good money

Cons

The pay is not as high as it should be & the home time is very little

Advice to Management

Listen to your driver more home time and higher pay

Awesome family to work for.

Former Employee - Owner Operator in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Owner Operator in West Valley City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can make a great living both dedicated or over the road. Training is a great experience for all. A lot of great customers,drivers and employees. They upgrade facilities for drivers as well as to grow their business. Thanks to all who helped,supported and worked with and along side of. Good memories. A million thanks to Mr. Gene and Bill England for all they do for their drivers. We appreciated them and always wish the best to future generations that follow in their footsteps.

Cons

Weather is the Rockies...be prepared in all climates and terrains. Remember where you started at and help fellow drivers when they need a hand.

Advice to Management

Treat your experience drivers as an asset instead of another driver on your board. Pay should be comparative to other companies to keep you season drivers and trainers. Equipment was well kept and give all miles equally to both owner operators and company. Balance is the key to happy runners.

7. Good Company to get your School at to Start!

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Bangor, ME
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Bangor, ME

I have been working at CR England (More than a year)

Pros

Schooling is the only thing I can think of that might be for the beginner otherwise than that, its the kind of company that will leave a bad taste in your mouth for the rest of your life!

Cons

They lie and lie about the lies! If you get your license as a beginner here , make sure you can transfer it to your home state before you commit to anything! Dont expect to be treated like nothing other than a Farm Animal and for Gods sake dont Lease a truck from these people, you will be competing with your own company drivers for loads. Too many other bad things to say so just leave it at that!

Advice to Management

GET ANOTHER JOB!

Company advocates contributing to homeless population.

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in West Valley City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There isnt any. Co has great sales pitch that if you can turn a blind eye to the reality that is happening; yes you can make a living off the misery & hope of others.

Cons

Recruiters are given incomplete info about the living conditions their recruits subjected to and the subjective, numerous ways a recruit can be discouraged to leave the chaotic hell of cdl school. Its all about the numbers and pressure is put on recruiters to book anyone with a heartbeat into school, even though the recruiter knows that certsin applicants have no chance of making it. I personally made two young men homeless by spewing the propaganda used to recruit these desperate individuals. I had not been trained nor did I realize that I couldn't give a bus ticket back home to recruits if they walked off co property no matter what the reason. Then when taking the time to recruit applicants with a better chance to be successful; my numbers dipped and I was given a warning. Didnt care and from then on barely met production expectations. Hated my job and about to quit when manager said if they let me go I would get unemployment which I did. With my last paycheck, spent two days searching homeless shelters for the two 19 year olds stranded in SLC. Found one and paid for bus ticket home w/funds for meals. Even today, i still look for the other ex recruit when I volunteer at the shelter and, pray he somehow found his way home.

Advice to Management

Nothing I can say to a company that isnt run by men with any humanity left inside of them. Too many years and a set corporate culture evolved that makes it easy to compartmentalize, ignore, pretend not to see C.R. England's contribution to SLC societal issues. Co's pathetic giving to charitable organizations for media exposure doesnt negate their participation in the genocide of those from lower socio economic stratification. My passion and work since leaving the co is working with the homeless population and, raising funds to try to balance the evil this co and other trucking companies have become when they worship money.

9. Terrible Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hill, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hill, TX

I worked at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to complete my CDL

Cons

I had a horrible mentor. He masturbated in the sleeper while I was driving and fondled himself in the passenger seat while I was driving. After being placed with another mentor and completion of training, I was assigned to a team. We reached our destination and were told that we must pay out of pocket for them to unload the truck. The amount they asked for was more than my paycheck!

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and they might stay longer.

10. My entire class review.

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Portland, OR

Pros

They give you a license

Cons

We had about 48 members who completed the class. We made a Facebook page to monitor the success of our fellow peers. Out of the 48 there were four who completed the nine month contract and two that are current drivers after two years. The rest have gone on with outdated skills and shot driving record. The trainers have high turn over rates because of the low rates. England has so many people coming through there school they do not value their employees so they pay low and have higher turn over rates. DO NOT see this company as anything more than felons stealing title 4 funds from the money supply. Steer clear of C.R England if you can. If not may the odds be forever in your favor. -The Victor-

Advice to Management

Branding

11. C R England

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at CR England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to travel and see the U.S.

Cons

Home time was not important to management

Advice to Management

Listen to complaints from your drivers to better the morale

RSS Feed </> Embed