CR England Reviews

Updated October 26, 2014
Updated October 26, 2014
2.6

Chad England

Pros
  • If you truly want to be a truck driver this is the place to start (in 4 reviews)

• The training is very fast paced and it gets your CDL-A in no time (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Going to drive school with on the run felons, home time is seldomly approved, a frugal (in 9 reviews)

• DO NOT LEASE A TRUCK FROM THESE PEOPLE, you and your family will suffer (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I'm very satisfied with the company

Current Employee - Driver in Colton, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in Colton, CA

I have been working at CR England full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At 66 years of age, no one would hire me and I needed to earn a living. C R England's attitude is "the truck doesn't care how old you are". You get free CDL school and a job with a 9 month commitment (6 mos. for veterans). I earn as much driving a truck for them as I did during my prime earning years and to my surprise I love the life.

Cons

It's true, you're on the road a lot, so it may be a hardship for younger people with a family, but after 37 years of marriage my wife would rather I was making money than hang around the house. Besides, being on the road is how you earn money!

It is hard to communicate with the dispatch office staff. They're very busy so you're asked not to phone in, but to use the qualcom (onboard communication device). The problem is most of the time you don't get a response, or it may be an issue that needs to be discussed at that moment.

Stressed over worked not enough staff

Current Employee - Anonymous in Colton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Colton, CA

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ok facility amenities at California branch

Cons

Nepotism family owned very focused on cost cutting and money money money no matter the cost.

Invest in your current employees or you will lose them.

This company doesn't pay their drivers worth a crap.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits aren't the best or the worst.

Cons

Don't waste your time, if you're interested in making decent money. This company is the only one I ever worked for who wouldn't pay a lunch meal during orientation. If you didn't have money with you, you were lucky to eat the motel complimentary breakfast fleet your daily nutrition.

When you send your upper management to locations on a meet and greet, offer up more than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as driver appreciation accoutrements.

Enjoy the job itself, but high driver turnover is making things tough.

Current Employee - Operations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of advancement opportunities, amenities like a restaurant and convenient store in the Salt Lake City office, and coworkers who really care for each other.

Cons

Management changes focus quite often, goals get changed and those goals just so happen to be what monthly bonuses are based on. Also the company tries to focus on retention and employee moral, but the goals don't reflect that at all. The unattainable goals make people feel inadequate when they're giving 110%. Not a good way to boost morale.

Make the goals reachable, and if you can't back the goals up with the bonus we are supposed to get, maybe you should re-think the pay scale. Tell people they're doing a good job once in a while, and be sincere about it.

C.R.E. Review

Former Employee - BI Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - BI Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The most notable thing was a lack of backbiting. All were treated with respect by all and patience , recognizing we all had our plates full, was the unspoken rule. While showing patience and respect professionalism was expected in the work accomplished. It was a good place to work.

Cons

I hoped to be part of the management team. Instead I was more of an assistant financial analyst. My work was handed to a team member and presented in staff meetings by the finance team member. I was an IT person in a finance organization so there was to IT career development and no finance organization career development.

Excellent environment for a Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Ability to work either four tens or five eights. Work from home up to two days per week.
    Excellent work life balance.
    Great Java dev team with no dead weight. Great people to work with.
    Excellent up to date technology stack. Java 8, Spring MVC, JQuery.
    Continued learning and training with yearly conferences.
    No required travel.
    Autonomy, Mastery.

Cons

There are some third party and legacy systems that prove very difficult to successfully integrate with.

Senior Management does not communicate well with people in lower level company positions before making decisions. This makes it difficult to understand direction and goals.

Recently the company seems to be less purpose driven.

Direct management in IT is great. We have an excellent Manager, Director and Project Manager. Senior and Executive level management needs to break down the silos and have more direct communication with mid and lower level employees.

Don't work here.

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at CR England full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There weren't any pros. This company is horrible.

Cons

The worst company I have ever driven for.

Close down.

Ok to start, but not long-term.

Current Employee - Dedicated Company Driver in Sterling, IL
    Current Employee - Dedicated Company Driver in Sterling, IL

I have been working at CR England full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Will train you to get your CDL, will give you experience to get a better job

Cons

Horribly low pay, constant push to team/train

Offer actual benefits, and compensate drivers better

Still in training but this company seems very transparent.

I have been working at CR England

Pros

You'll get a cdl fast. Good money if you lease a truck but the only good things I've heard from company solo drivers came from questionable sources. 25cpm from one source that was happy to make that saying he never worked more than 45 hours a week. He said he brought home almost $500/week with a proud smile which is about what I make in training.

Cons

Trainers are delivering loads to clients and usually don't care about your education. You don't really learn that much driving forward in 8th gear for hours. The pay sucks at first, 9.25/hr for phase 1, 10.25/hr for phase 2. Overtime and holidays do not exist here of course unless you work in an office so I find it hard to want to run out my 70 hour clock during this time. You're pretty much stuck driving team unless you're content making an income you don't need a cdl for.

No advice, inexperienced in this industry.

Good introduction to Truck Driving

Former Employee - Relief and Recovery in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Relief and Recovery in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (less than an year)

Pros

C.R. England isn't against you making money, as long they make theirs first.
    Nice new trucks. The drivers are normally pretty friendly. Some of the Dispatch managers are pretty great

Cons

It is always the driver's fault. They view drivers as grist for the mill. If you keep your nose clean, stay out of anybody in management's way. You can probably get enough experience to get a better job

Treat drivers as equals. You're paid because of what we haul.
    I remember being frisked to see if I had any weapons before being allowed to see some of the admin staff