CR England

Updated January 21, 2015
Updated January 21, 2015
2.5

Chad England

Pros
  • If you truly want to be a truck driver this is the place to start (in 4 reviews)

• The training is very fast paced and it gets your CDL-A in no time (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Thirdly, they give you little to no home time what so ever within your 9 months (in 10 reviews)

• CR England will do everything in their power to force you to be on the "Lease" program, where you lease a truck from them (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

rants

I worked at CR England

Pros

Benefits, cdl training, see the country: deer, antelopes, mountains, snow, ice, rain, sleet, wind that will that will try to push you over, highways, cities, more highways...

Cons

No home time, no wife, no kids (oh I am sorry some might see that as a Pro).

Good experience low pay and daily job task.

Former Employee - Commercial Maintenance Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Commercial Maintenance Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at CR England

Pros

Different task to complete each day.

Cons

low pay with no insurance offered.

Fight for higher wages and insurance.

Very life destructive company to work for.

Former Employee - OTR Driver
    Former Employee - OTR Driver

I worked at CR England full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They will provide you the means of getting into the industry. They will get your working quickly. Newer, usually well maintained trucks. Plenty of miles, as I could see. Good 'culture', but that isn't why 'we' are working for them. Needless to say, if you are truly coming from rock bottom, this would be a good place to start as any.

Cons

There are reasons why the turn over rate is so damn high and it isn't because everyone just has a bone to pick. Their model is broken. You will *not* get any decent amount of home time, if any. They will drive you into the ground. They will *not* have your back at any time. The entire structure is set up to cover everyone's behinds *but* yours. You *will* get screwed and blamed for things out of your control. The pay rate for the industry in very low. They do not care about you, your situation, or anything beyond the next trip. You do not have any friends. The training, although quick and legal, is sub-par. You will be amazed how quickly they will throw you into the quick of things, which is not good for the novice. You will have no legal protections as a driver, nor will they assume any responsibility. Your paycheck will never match what they advertise. Your Phase training will take entirely too long, will be delayed, and you will waste weeks or months of your life 'waiting'. Almost everyone in this company is simply 'waiting' for the next step, whatever it may be. CR England has the lowest outlook for its employees out of every trucking industry. The only enthusiastic ones are brand new. Finding a trucker who has been there for more than two years is almost impossible. ...again there are reasons why.

Back your drivers. They know they got a crappy job at a crappy company. They find that out the very first time they look you guys up on the internet at any website or talk to any other driver. At least give them a little bit of respect and stop trying to oversell and mis-advertise the situation. It's insulting, dishonest, and drives everyone's angst up just a little more. ...and for god's sake, GET BETTER PHASE TRAINERS.

Driver Manager & Training Coordinator

I worked at CR England

Pros

employee incentives, weekly raffles, and good food.

Cons

treatment of the OTR drivers

tough job tough life do not push so much

Company with serious moral issues

Former Employee - Customer Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England

Pros

Got paid every two weeks

Cons

Worse environment I have ever worked at, management is super high pressure and hostile bonuses are like carrots they dangle in front of your face but seldom give to you .

Get a new management team

Do not be a company driver!!!!!!

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Cedar Hill, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Cedar Hill, TX

I worked at CR England full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They give raises but that's it.

Cons

They video tape you in the company trucks and every single company truck has a tape recorder in the radio as soon as you turn on the radio your being monitored this company is trash and will talk trash about you to the next company you try to work for.

don't talk crap to your drivers when you hide in a building and no one can see you. They are infamous for this... I still don't know why they are all so mean

Training is minimal and not good enough

Former Employee - Phase I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Phase I in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice rooms, friendly environment, game room, movie theatre, little convenience store. Training is fun but inadequate.

Cons

In training if you get in an accident of any kind during phase your done. Your side of the story won't matter to them. They are about getting you through as fast as they can the training is meager you will know very little about driving of your own

Trainers need to be reavaluated, sleeping in the back when they know you are on windy icy roads with no experience. Team driving first week of phase one is wrong
    I was fired for something I couldn't of prevented because I didn't know how because no one was their to teach me
    The trainer should have been fired because he didn't train me to do any thing I was winging it the whole time. What trainer, more like horrible team driver know that cdl I worked for isnt worth anything- paperweight

Fast pace demanding environment

I have been working at CR England

Pros

Having a 3 on 4 off day work schedule. 4 on 3 off. From week to week.

Cons

Work schedule 12hrs. Work day 13 to 14hrs.
    Very demanding no appreciation. Harder you work the more you get. Rare job reviews. One 1% raise in 3 years.

Teach what you know. Train upper management before placing them in lead over people who know more than they do.

went to utah to go to truckin school

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

descent trucking school put me in a motel course is slow paced im advanced
    got to the phsical well i got sent home until my injury healed than they will give me another ticket back to finish
    i liked the group of people very freindly

Cons

i have not one con sorry

Shysters. Complete and utter shysters. As a company, they seek to take every advantage of employees through deceit.

I worked at CR England full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Your long prison sentence just ended and you are desperate. CR will still hire you and treat you almost as well as you are acustomed.

Cons

Manipulative, deceitful and criminal practices presented exceedingly well in extensive and ongoing training programs for evil minions... er, management. Actual lashing is discouraged publicly.

Repent and seek to atone for your wickedness. Also, never miss a payment to the bought politicians or fleet of lawyers kept on retainer to try and keep CR managers out of prison.