CR England

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
2.6

Chad England

Pros
  • If you truly want to be a truck driver this is the place to start (in 4 reviews)

• The training is very fast paced and it gets your CDL-A in no time (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Thirdly, they give you little to no home time what so ever within your 9 months (in 10 reviews)

• CR England will do everything in their power to force you to be on the "Lease" program, where you lease a truck from them (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Driver Manger

Current Employee - Driver Manager in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Driver Manager in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rewarding, good incentives, and fair pay

Cons

50-55 hours per week or you will not suceed.

went to utah to go to truckin school

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

descent trucking school put me in a motel course is slow paced im advanced
    got to the phsical well i got sent home until my injury healed than they will give me another ticket back to finish
    i liked the group of people very freindly

Cons

i have not one con sorry

I'm very satisfied with the company

Current Employee - Driver in Colton, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in Colton, CA

I have been working at CR England full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At 66 years of age, no one would hire me and I needed to earn a living. C R England's attitude is "the truck doesn't care how old you are". You get free CDL school and a job with a 9 month commitment (6 mos. for veterans). I earn as much driving a truck for them as I did during my prime earning years and to my surprise I love the life.

Cons

It's true, you're on the road a lot, so it may be a hardship for younger people with a family, but after 37 years of marriage my wife would rather I was making money than hang around the house. Besides, being on the road is how you earn money!

It is hard to communicate with the dispatch office staff. They're very busy so you're asked not to phone in, but to use the qualcom (onboard communication device). The problem is most of the time you don't get a response, or it may be an issue that needs to be discussed at that moment.

Horrible place

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fontana, CA

I worked at CR England as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If you want experience to learn how to drive a truck, they offer the best that I know of.

Cons

Where do I start? First off, they send me an e-mail (and I have the e-mail to prove it) that those who start from November 24th-January 3rd, will receive a $5,000 sign on bonus plus they will pay for your DMV permit test ($70)....well the DMV part is true, however the $5,000 is a total lie. I called my recruiter and talked to the teacher of the class. I was told we would not even see that $5,000 till after 18 weeks....it would be added to one of your pay checks. Secondly, CR England will not hire you if you want to be a company driver, that is a 99.9% possibility that you will not be hired if you wanna be company. CR England will do everything in their power to force you to be on the "Lease" program, where you lease a truck from them...and you have to pay for everything on the truck. Why they have the option of if you want to lease a truck or not on the application, I don't know. Thirdly, they give you little to no home time what so ever within your 9 months. The first week, you do have the option to sign a cancellation form, but after that week, if you miss at least one day because say you have a family emergency or you are sick or whatever the case, you will most likely be terminated and will be having to pay a fee of $5,300...yea, so whoever signs up with this place better think twise

Change your rules and regulations. We drivers have a life like you do. This isn't the militarily.

Worst Training Ever

I worked at CR England (less than an year)

Pros

You WILL get a CDL unless you are a complete moron

Cons

Everything else. From the lack of training (trainees are force fed the answers to the CDL exam while completely ignoring the rest of the DOT rules) to the horrible conditions trainees are forced to endure while in "school" the training is crap. Then the few that do graduate are forced onto the streets with a trainer that has little or no experience themselves. I was lucky and got one of the better trainers that had a good amount of experience but that is not the norm. After training they give you the hard sell on leasing and becoming a trainer right away (they even wanted me to finish my training by becoming a trainer!). Solo company drivers get low miles (less than 2000 a week) and the CPM is laughable. Take home for a new solo company driver would be between $250-$325 per week.

Stay away from this company at all costs.The recruiters will tell you anything to get you to sign on. The only thing i was not lied to about was he had a bus ticket waiting for me.

This company needs to focus more on treating good drivers right and less on regurgitating dozens of dangerously untrained drivers onto the streets every week

Organized corruption

Former Employee - Lease Operator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Lease Operator in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They do have miles for an OTR trucker.

Cons

They pay so little per mile and with the unnecessary and over the top deductions, you cannot afford to work there and you can not afford to leave. Their trailers are poorly maintained and they will do the very least to keep them on the road while you as the driver are responsible. Their weekly settlements are continuously short and the driver is always chasing their money.

Go to confession and repent. Make believe the driver you are screwing is your son.

Stressed over worked not enough staff

Current Employee - Anonymous in Colton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Colton, CA

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ok facility amenities at California branch

Cons

Nepotism family owned very focused on cost cutting and money money money no matter the cost.

Invest in your current employees or you will lose them.

This company doesn't pay their drivers worth a crap.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits aren't the best or the worst.

Cons

Don't waste your time, if you're interested in making decent money. This company is the only one I ever worked for who wouldn't pay a lunch meal during orientation. If you didn't have money with you, you were lucky to eat the motel complimentary breakfast fleet your daily nutrition.

When you send your upper management to locations on a meet and greet, offer up more than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as driver appreciation accoutrements.

Enjoy the job itself, but high driver turnover is making things tough.

Current Employee - Operations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of advancement opportunities, amenities like a restaurant and convenient store in the Salt Lake City office, and coworkers who really care for each other.

Cons

Management changes focus quite often, goals get changed and those goals just so happen to be what monthly bonuses are based on. Also the company tries to focus on retention and employee moral, but the goals don't reflect that at all. The unattainable goals make people feel inadequate when they're giving 110%. Not a good way to boost morale.

Make the goals reachable, and if you can't back the goals up with the bonus we are supposed to get, maybe you should re-think the pay scale. Tell people they're doing a good job once in a while, and be sincere about it.

C.R.E. Review

Former Employee - BI Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - BI Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The most notable thing was a lack of backbiting. All were treated with respect by all and patience , recognizing we all had our plates full, was the unspoken rule. While showing patience and respect professionalism was expected in the work accomplished. It was a good place to work.

Cons

I hoped to be part of the management team. Instead I was more of an assistant financial analyst. My work was handed to a team member and presented in staff meetings by the finance team member. I was an IT person in a finance organization so there was to IT career development and no finance organization career development.