CR England Reviews

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014
2.5

Chad England

Pros
  • If you truly want to be a truck driver this is the place to start (in 4 reviews)

• The training is very fast paced and it gets your CDL-A in no time (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Going to drive school with on the run felons, home time is seldomly approved, a frugal (in 9 reviews)

• DO NOT LEASE A TRUCK FROM THESE PEOPLE, you and your family will suffer (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

C.R.E. Review

Former Employee - BI Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - BI Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The most notable thing was a lack of backbiting. All were treated with respect by all and patience , recognizing we all had our plates full, was the unspoken rule. While showing patience and respect professionalism was expected in the work accomplished. It was a good place to work.

Cons

I hoped to be part of the management team. Instead I was more of an assistant financial analyst. My work was handed to a team member and presented in staff meetings by the finance team member. I was an IT person in a finance organization so there was to IT career development and no finance organization career development.

Excellent environment for a Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Ability to work either four tens or five eights. Work from home up to two days per week.
    Excellent work life balance.
    Great Java dev team with no dead weight. Great people to work with.
    Excellent up to date technology stack. Java 8, Spring MVC, JQuery.
    Continued learning and training with yearly conferences.
    No required travel.
    Autonomy, Mastery.

Cons

There are some third party and legacy systems that prove very difficult to successfully integrate with.

Senior Management does not communicate well with people in lower level company positions before making decisions. This makes it difficult to understand direction and goals.

Recently the company seems to be less purpose driven.

Direct management in IT is great. We have an excellent Manager, Director and Project Manager. Senior and Executive level management needs to break down the silos and have more direct communication with mid and lower level employees.

This company doesn't pay their drivers worth a crap.

I worked at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits aren't the best or the worst.

Cons

Don't waste your time, if you're interested in making decent money. This company is the only one I ever worked for who wouldn't pay a lunch meal during orientation. If you didn't have money with you, you were lucky to eat the motel complimentary breakfast fleet your daily nutrition.

When you send your upper management to locations on a meet and greet, offer up more than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as driver appreciation accoutrements.

Ok to start, but not long-term.

Current Employee - Dedicated Company Driver in Sterling, IL
    Current Employee - Dedicated Company Driver in Sterling, IL

I have been working at CR England full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Will train you to get your CDL, will give you experience to get a better job

Cons

Horribly low pay, constant push to team/train

Offer actual benefits, and compensate drivers better

Enjoy the job itself, but high driver turnover is making things tough.

Current Employee - Operations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of advancement opportunities, amenities like a restaurant and convenient store in the Salt Lake City office, and coworkers who really care for each other.

Cons

Management changes focus quite often, goals get changed and those goals just so happen to be what monthly bonuses are based on. Also the company tries to focus on retention and employee moral, but the goals don't reflect that at all. The unattainable goals make people feel inadequate when they're giving 110%. Not a good way to boost morale.

Make the goals reachable, and if you can't back the goals up with the bonus we are supposed to get, maybe you should re-think the pay scale. Tell people they're doing a good job once in a while, and be sincere about it.

Still in training but this company seems very transparent.

I have been working at CR England

Pros

You'll get a cdl fast. Good money if you lease a truck but the only good things I've heard from company solo drivers came from questionable sources. 25cpm from one source that was happy to make that saying he never worked more than 45 hours a week. He said he brought home almost $500/week with a proud smile which is about what I make in training.

Cons

Trainers are delivering loads to clients and usually don't care about your education. You don't really learn that much driving forward in 8th gear for hours. The pay sucks at first, 9.25/hr for phase 1, 10.25/hr for phase 2. Overtime and holidays do not exist here of course unless you work in an office so I find it hard to want to run out my 70 hour clock during this time. You're pretty much stuck driving team unless you're content making an income you don't need a cdl for.

No advice, inexperienced in this industry.

Combines key elements of the Deathstar and Azkaban Prison

I worked at CR England full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job. There were some good front-line employees that I worked with.

Cons

Constant firings. Little to no room for advancement. Nepotism. Tough industry. Silos. Everyone protects their own turf at the expense of benefiting the company. I never took more than two vacation days off in a row for the two years I was there.

Stop firing loyal employees. I left on my own, but I have never seen so many people fired, often for mysterious reasons. There is no loyalty to employees. My boss was a complete sociopath. The older generation of England brothers were decent enough to work for. The younger generation has lost their way. The non-family member executives loved to crucify anyone that didn't perform to their exacting standards. This company will continue decline because it can't retain good office talent or drivers.

Good introduction to Truck Driving

Former Employee - Relief and Recovery in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Relief and Recovery in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (less than an year)

Pros

C.R. England isn't against you making money, as long they make theirs first.
    Nice new trucks. The drivers are normally pretty friendly. Some of the Dispatch managers are pretty great

Cons

It is always the driver's fault. They view drivers as grist for the mill. If you keep your nose clean, stay out of anybody in management's way. You can probably get enough experience to get a better job

Treat drivers as equals. You're paid because of what we haul.
    I remember being frisked to see if I had any weapons before being allowed to see some of the admin staff

This is the best place to start a trucking career.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at CR England full-time

Pros

The company is big and because of that there is lots of operational support. You never have to worry about being told to drive when tired, if your manager tells you to drive tired or fatigued they will be fired. This company is also a driver factory and churn out hundreds of drivers weekly. If you truly want to be a truck driver this is the place to start.

Cons

The company is so big you are still just a pawn. Initial commitment after training is eight months.

They do lie, so read everything carefully

I worked at CR England

Pros

You will get your CDL very fast

Cons

Every thing other than that sucks, people are disrespectful, don't really care about the student and pay very very low

Shut it down in burns harbor