CR England Reviews

Updated September 13, 2014
Updated September 13, 2014
2.5

Chad England

Pros
  • If you truly want to be a truck driver this is the place to start (in 4 reviews)

• The training is very fast paced and it gets your CDL-A in no time (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Going to drive school with on the run felons, home time is seldomly approved, a frugal (in 8 reviews)

• DO NOT LEASE A TRUCK FROM THESE PEOPLE, you and your family will suffer (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Enjoy the job itself, but high driver turnover is making things tough.

Current Employee - Operations  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of advancement opportunities, amenities like a restaurant and convenient store in the Salt Lake City office, and coworkers who really care for each other.

Cons

Management changes focus quite often, goals get changed and those goals just so happen to be what monthly bonuses are based on. Also the company tries to focus on retention and employee moral, but the goals don't reflect that at all. The unattainable goals make people feel inadequate when they're giving 110%. Not a good way to boost morale.

Make the goals reachable, and if you can't back the goals up with the bonus we are supposed to get, maybe you should re-think the pay scale. Tell people they're doing a good job once in a while, and be sincere about it.

Combines key elements of the Deathstar and Azkaban Prison

I worked at CR England full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job. There were some good front-line employees that I worked with.

Cons

Constant firings. Little to no room for advancement. Nepotism. Tough industry. Silos. Everyone protects their own turf at the expense of benefiting the company. I never took more than two vacation days off in a row for the two years I was there.

Stop firing loyal employees. I left on my own, but I have never seen so many people fired, often for mysterious reasons. There is no loyalty to employees. My boss was a complete sociopath. The older generation of England brothers were decent enough to work for. The younger generation has lost their way. The non-family member executives loved to crucify anyone that didn't perform to their exacting standards. This company will continue decline because it can't retain good office talent or drivers.

Good introduction to Truck Driving

Former Employee - Relief and Recovery  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Relief and Recovery in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time for less than a year

Pros

C.R. England isn't against you making money, as long they make theirs first.
    Nice new trucks. The drivers are normally pretty friendly. Some of the Dispatch managers are pretty great

Cons

It is always the driver's fault. They view drivers as grist for the mill. If you keep your nose clean, stay out of anybody in management's way. You can probably get enough experience to get a better job

Treat drivers as equals. You're paid because of what we haul.
    I remember being frisked to see if I had any weapons before being allowed to see some of the admin staff

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They do lie, so read everything carefully

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at CR England

Pros

You will get your CDL very fast

Cons

Every thing other than that sucks, people are disrespectful, don't really care about the student and pay very very low

Shut it down in burns harbor

This is the best place to start a trucking career.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at CR England full-time

Pros

The company is big and because of that there is lots of operational support. You never have to worry about being told to drive when tired, if your manager tells you to drive tired or fatigued they will be fired. This company is also a driver factory and churn out hundreds of drivers weekly. If you truly want to be a truck driver this is the place to start.

Cons

The company is so big you are still just a pawn. Initial commitment after training is eight months.

I finally feel appreciated, with room to grow.

Current Employee - Afterhours Supervisor  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Afterhours Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All the time and effort that you put into your day to day work you really see a reward. When you work hard for this company they take care of you. The England's have really worked hard to change the culture around to focus more on the driver and make sure that they know just how much we appreciate them.

Cons

It can get hectic. Usually have to exercise a lot of patience to make sure that the new drivers understand what they are doing, and you spend a lot of time repeating yourself. But that's usually dependent on their learning style.

With such a large company a more in-depth training would be a huge benefit. Making sure the trainers are experts on the policies and procedures with the new trainees. Hitting a few more metrics on the day to day activities and making sure they have a list of the macros.

Its been a great place to work.

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best thing about working here would be my peers. I have made so many friends over the years working here at CR England. The company has always treated me fair. There is opportunities for those who wish to grow. Wages are competitive. I have great management and am treated with respect.

Cons

I would like to see better yearly increase potential. There is a high level of stress. Cheaper insurance premiums.

My direct management, I am very happy working with. Above leadership roles, get more personable with all employees in your areas.

the training was, the trucks and trailors were in good shape

I worked at CR England full-time for less than a year

Pros

good paying job, cargo was allways safe and packed right in trailor

Cons

long hours, to many managers, many weeks before I could go home

get more southern contracts

Did their "refresher," got glowing evals, but got left in the hall in Utah in "student limbo" by TC answering machine.

Former Employee - Driver  in  West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Driver in West Valley City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a great time with trainer and DM. Both were eager to show me the ropes and eager to demonstrate OTR life.

Cons

My Training Coordinator never answered qualcomms or phone. Tried for a week to get an answer so I could get to AZ and xfer credentials. DM and Trainer got me to SLC and passed Phase I. Then, then, my TC said I lacked miles AND had to find own way to AZ. Plus there was no place for me to stay. Literally in hallway with bags. By careful of student limbo.

Lol. As long as there is plentiful supply and funds to farm humans...I think it is great to have the corp. section blocked by security. Awesome machine of flesh. I want a corporate position here.

high school group setting at yard

Former Employee - OTR Driver  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time for less than a year

Pros

ok training. Do get exp. driving through mountains and all over the USA.

Cons

Low mileage pay and the dispatch is sketchy. You have to have " The Right" dispatch to get the good miles.

Raise the cpm for good drivers. Change the room mate numbers per room at the yard. Get better dispatch people that care about the business and not just there for a check.

Worked for CR England? Contribute to the Community!