CR Software

Updated September 30, 2014
3.6

Martin Germanis
1 Rating

I got the best experience in cr software, bcs it is a financial software, I got the best domain knowledge of the softwar

Current Employee - QA Tester in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - QA Tester in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CR Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best Place to work. It is a financial software, Worked on all different types of modules, especially credit bureau feature. Worked on all types of testing the software.

Cons

Initially, it was hard to understand the domain knowledge of the software, I discussed with all the BA and developer team and reviewed the use cases, then i was able to work on CBR module in the software, Some times we need to collect the customers data from the vendors and load it in test environment and tested the software with real data.

Some time it was hard to work overtime, on week days due to the software release. But I really took that has a challenging work, But sometimes working overtime need to be reduced.

Very Good and rapidly growing company

Current Employee - IT Developer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - IT Developer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CR Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very Professional and friendly people at work. There is no Micro - Management from Team leads or Managers. Very Very flexible working hours and Casual Dress Environment. Very good work - Life balance. occasional Tele - Commuting / work from home allowed.

Cons

Salary and Benefits are not very competitive compared to market rates

Need to concentrate on salary hikes so that you don't loose experienced people and no need to spend money of recruiting new people.

Nice place to work if you need something in the meantime.

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CR Software

Pros

They accomodate their employees well. They treat employees fairly.

Cons

There wasn't an opportunity to move up in this company even after I issued this remark as a goal on my performance appraisal. New positions were created but they did not hire within.
    Be aware - there isn't any severance given if you're laid off. Also, they laid off recently and gave only a 10 minute notice - 2 weeks before Christmas.

Performance appraisals should require direct feedback from Senior management to their employees. It seems like performance appraisals weren't taken seriously. The goals of each employee is stated on these forms but there was no support or guidance from Senior Management on how to obtain these goals internally.

Ownership Problem

I have been working at CR Software (more than an year)

Pros

With a one-man ownership, we knew each other and cared for each other

Cons

Uncertainties around the owner's continual support of the company led to a lot of loss of morale for employees

No management, No room for growth for any New Hires

I worked at CR Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive technology, strong market share.

Cons

The management were hired internally, No previous training on real management for these so called "Senior level managers". If you are are a new hire, you won't make much here, they offer very little on salary. Also, they promise to have you become a Management level representative within a certain amount of time. Non of this is possible due to their current politics within upper management. Majority of their "goods" are procured in India, and their services are run by mediocre representation that call themselves Managers. They will ask you work unspeakable hours unexpected and the actual office space is very uncomfortable, space is limited and you are surrounded by lots of noise. Overall, they were a good stepping stone for other future positions due to the title and aggressive experience. This company has a HIGH employee turnover rate, for a reason...

Seek Real up to date management education, training and certification to catch up to today's limited and highly competitive market.