CRC Health Group

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

R. Andrew (Andy) Eckert

Pros
  • I would like to say helping people get better, but this company makes it very hard(in 10 reviews)

• Lots of really nice people working there(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Regional Director on up have no CLUE about front line issues(in 3 reviews)

• Middle to senior management often ineffective in facing leadership challenges(in 3 reviews)

Great place to work and develop

Instructor (Former Employee) Lake Placid, NY

Prosgreat mission, very effective, excellent program

Conssometimes culture is not sustainable

Advice to Senior Managementaccountability

Great colleagues very hard working and dedicated. Management is not

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest colleagues to work with

ConsManagement does not invest in their employees with training etc....

Advice to Senior ManagementYour most prized asset is leaving everyday and you are not looking into it.

Best job I have ever had in 30+ years

Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsCoworkers and Management are like family. Fair wages. No unexpected over time "ever." Benefits are okay.

ConsNo overtime. Huge amounts of paperwork. Not quite into the technology advancements of IT yet. A little tight with funding for basic and common needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease wages, educational benefits need increased, make surrounding more professional.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promotion and Learning Opportunities are within reach

IT Department (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

Pros*Promotion opportunities are available if you are willing to open up the conversation of what you are interested in with your supervisor and management team
    *Training available if you seek the opportunities.
    * Flexible management that understands family situations and respects your personal obligations to family and loved ones.
    *Travel opportunities for projects and learning events.
    *Hard work and dedication recognized and rewarded.
    *December Holiday closure (Administrative Offices only) of approx 5 days allows extra time with family (can be a con if you do not have enough PTO)
    *Department monthly recognition program

ConsBenefits
    401K no company match
    Yearly merit increases typically low percentage

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work on the Benefits package especially 401K match & yearly increase standards.

director

Proshad a great boss

Consbig company that was trying to understand the behavioral health world

Predatory company abusing those that are ill and desperate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with this company has no benefits that I experienced. Benefits are nonexistent

ConsValue, ethics any moral standards. To be an employee these have to be ignored.

Advice to Senior Managementquit

No loyalty, no promotions. Keep your head down and don't ever ask for a raise.

Technical Support (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsGreat coworkers, great work in theory. You can get hired with relevant experience, and a degree isn't always necessary if you can sell yourself in the interview.

ConsPromotions are incredibly rare. This company has a bad habit of hiring outside for management instead of promoting from within, so don't expect much job growth. Corporate and management pay are good, but pay for administrative and clinical employees is abysmal. In my department, once someone quit or was fired, the work would be spread out among the remaining team, and nobody got a raise or promotion... just more work and fewer hours in the day to get your primary projects done.

The health benefits package is laughable for a healthcare company. What a shame.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish training programs for new staff in EVERY department to make everyone feel competent and confident; stop throwing new staff in the mix with no tools. Care for your front-line employees; spend a day in your Clinical Supervisor's shoes. Constantly pushing price and census increases without hiring additional staff or paying more to retain your quality employees will only make your retention problems worse. No raises, no promotions, horrible morale. Your patients can feel when they are in the presence of someone who is overworked, underpaid, and stressed to the nth degree. Add that on top of the fact that you're trying to present a nice atmosphere when the building is cramped and dirty, and the chairs all wobble and are held together with tape and a prayer.

Encourage your staff to grow, and your patients will feel the change. Recognize achievements and devotion with opportunities to mentor other staff or get a team to supervise.

Re-evaluate your budget strategy. Your income relies heavily on your outpatient clinics, yet they seem to get the smallest budgets. Your "fancy" residential sites get more financial attention, but don't produce nearly as much revenue. Quit robbing the poor to give to the rich, and try a different structure.

The ten best years of my professional life - people, heart and smart

Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsWe were able to admit almost anyone who met criteria despite their financial situation. That in itself, made going to work each day a blessing. That happened as a result of perseverence and generosity of management. Unusual, and wonderful

ConsToo many chefs in the kitchen. At any one time the client may have four different therapist each taking various tasks of treatment. Poor communication and charting.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevert to Primary therapist who does more for fewer clients.

Learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Company values
    -people with work ethic

Cons-9 to 5
    -People not too interested in getting to know co-workers

sinking ship. zero leadership / directionless

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Prosif you have a good direct manager, you're allowed and encouraged to provide good quality patient care.

Consmoney is bottom line. Regional Director on up have no CLUE about front line issues. CQM is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management in has a few good eggs; my limited experience with regional directors and vp's back up their overall reputation as antagonizing and egotistical. Come in to facilities like bulldozers and create more chaos.

Worked for CRC Health Group? Contribute to the Community!