CRC Health Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.1
Jerome E. Rhodes

Pros
  • helping people into rehabilitation (in 12 reviews)

• My coworkers are great people but all of us are so burned out we barely speak to each other (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management eliminates employees that could possibly put out some dirty work or mal practices and against labor code violations they are doing (in 5 reviews)

• The compensation was way lower than it should be for the amount of work (in 3 reviews)

1. Addmissions Counselor/Clinical Tech

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time

Pros

Great to work with the patients and co-workers

Cons

More about money than treatment

2. Loyalty and Process

I worked at CRC Health Group

Pros

Helping those struggling with addiction is one of the best reasons to work with CRC Health Group at the time. There was the ability to do what was best for the client and a focus on getting the right treatment for those clients committed to changing their life.

Cons

As with most corporations the pressure to increase the bottom line was always present and sometimes replaced loyalty to employees. This is reflected in the morale and the continued loyalty to the corporation. A merger with Acadia Health was a hopeful change that has not occurred as of yet.

Advice to Management

Begin to look at the cost of loyalty to your employees, in all areas, including employment strategies and financially. You have had some dedicated and outstanding employees that have either left of their own accord or been laid off in the name of the bottom line.

3. Champagne Expectations on a Beer Budget

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at the Corporate office in Cupertino - the people in the field were extremely nice, and I enjoyed working with them. And of course the mission is worthwhile, but it was easy to miss in the Corporate offices.

Cons

No 401k matching; benefits not so great - in fact, switched to Healthcomp who requires proof of everything before paying. Volatile environment; high expectations for low compensation on ancient software platforms. Manualness of processes made for long days.

Advice to Management

I believe they were just acquired, so moot point now, but advice would've been to upgrade software to increase automation and efficiency and understand that band-aids don't work in the long run.

It's a job

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Allenwood, PA
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Allenwood, PA

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not much to speak of. But it is a job.

Cons

Poor benefits. Poor management on the higher levels. Some potential for growth but that comes with exponentially larger work loads that aren't commensurate with the requirements.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better. Unhappy clinical staff provide poor care this hurts the clients and your bottom line as it reduces referrals and increases AMA discharges etc.

Awful Company

Former Employee - Substance Abuse Clinician in Taunton, MA
    Former Employee - Substance Abuse Clinician in Taunton, MA

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping the patients. Staff and co-workers. That is about it. Nothing else can be said that is good about CRC.

Cons

Everything. CRC bought out Habit Opco, took all of our benefits. Bumped us down from 5 weeks (or more) of PTO and 10-11 holidays to 2 weeks of vacation time and 7 holidays. No longer matched 401K. Put us in a "black out" and we could no longer contribute to our retirement for many many months. All they cared about was money. Patients suffered. GREAT staff were lost. They turned around and sold Habit AGAIN about 7 months later. I was with Habit Opco for almost 5 years. LOVED my job, coworkers and location of my clinic. NEVER thought I'd leave until CRC wrecked us.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees. Don't take from them. It is hard work dealing with substance dependent patients. If we are not taking care of ourselves and healthy the patients will suffer...and HAVE! 2 weeks time off per year, with a difficult population is not enough time to recuperate. STOP looking to line your own pockets and take care of the people on the front lines. Without US, you have NOTHING!

7. Clinic Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at CRC Health Group

Pros

Meaningful work with dedicated nurses and clinicians. A chance to make a real difference in someone's life, especially at a time when they're just beginning treatment.

Cons

The company needs to step up and pay wages that are commensurate with the scope of work required--especially for the counseling positions. When I first started the pay and the benefits were better, then the recession hit and benefits were cut, and wages were frozen. Benefits were never restored to pre-recession levels and wage increases never ramped forward again.

Advice to Management

You can't fake whether 'people' (meaning the employees) are your most important asset. They either are and the comp/benefits/work environment express the worth and the value that the company holds with regard to its employees and the employees by and large know and appreciate it and their hard work reflects their appreciation. OR, people are not the most important asset or the measure of the organization's worth or value to its customers/patients/stakeholders--EBITA is--or something else is. Live the company values.

Not the same as it once was.

Former Employee - Clinical Technician in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Clinical Technician in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding work. Patients are exceptional and appreciative of all we have done for them.

Cons

Overbearing and bullying co-workers. Managers take sides and dole out unjustified punishments for the "offending" complainant. Pay disparities. Discriminatory hiring practices.

Advice to Management

Hire all new managers and directors. This facility (Life Healing Center in Santa Fe, NM) is rotten to the core. Equal pay for peers across the board. Don't leave someone at $11/hr when you hire someone new for $16/hr. Hire people who are qualified and diversified. Put an end to the hostile work environment and discipline without retaliation and fairly.

Executive Direction

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of good people who do work for CRC. It can be a great place to boost your resume since you will have a lot of high level responsibilities that are normally reserved for more senior employees in other companies.

Cons

CRC started out as a business venture founded by former addicts who were in recovery. They either remained in the top level executive positions or else had a strong influence on how the company became managed and governed. The fact that most people in the top management were former addicts is not a bad thing, in fact it should have been a strength of the company, but they were not good business managers. The fact that CRC has done as well as it has is a testament to how badly the public needs addiction providers: a place as terribly mismanaged and abusive to patients as CRC was able to boom only because there is (still) very little competition. Now that Acadia is involved it may help, and I think that it will some, but from what I can tell Acadia is not much better.

Advice to Management

Get out. Maybe hold onto some investments but you need to recruit a whole new leadership team and let them have full control to make CRC into a legitimate business that helps patients to its fullest potential. Oh, please please please learn to either trust and listen to the people "in the field" working with the patients every day, or get in the field yourself and figure it out on your own. It is painfully obvious to any who works in a CRC clinic that the policies and direction of "the company" do not match what is truly best for the company. You would better serve patients and make more money if you understood what it was like during a normal day for the treatment providers.

Ok place to get some basic general ledger experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Worklife balance is good. No weekends required. Can make your own hours. - Not a difficult company to understand in terms of operations

Cons

- Pretty political at Corp office. Promotions get handed out as a way to keep people from leaving the company, not based on merit. - General ledger system is out of date and completely useless in the valley. - Pay is well below market.

Am I Coming or Going?

Former Employee - AODA Counselor in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - AODA Counselor in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time

Pros

Excellent (90%)co-workers who are passionate about patient care.

Cons

Poor Management-Dictatorship-My way or no way Unaddressed work harassment issues. Poor Communication between departments. Work Beyond Human Capacity. Procedures Change on a Daily Basis. Poor Pay

RSS Feed </> Embed