CRC Health Group

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014

2.3

Jerome E. Rhodes

Pros
  • I would like to say helping people get better, but this company makes it very hard (in 10 reviews)

• Lots of really nice people working there (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Regional Director on up have no CLUE about front line issues (in 3 reviews)

• Middle to senior management often ineffective in facing leadership challenges (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't walk, run... In the opposite direction.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

Pros

Being afforded the opportunity to change the lives of the clients we serve. Flexibility in program creation, and some support from peers in management.

Cons

As an upper level manager, one would think they would have a voice. Not so much. Unless you are in the "good ole boys club" don't even bother. 5 management changes, each with a different view and direction, each not interested in line staff, or supporting their talent. We should be investing in our strong candidates and weeding out those who are here for their own agendas. Hard to do when your own boss steals your ideas to make himself look better.
    Another major con- ethics. Struggling with all the ethical wrong doings that everyone appears to be blind to. Hard to tolerate the bandaids placed on situations that seem so wild, they would be thought have been made up. Sadly, they exist, and no one seems to care about the ever present "elephant in the room".

Align with your vital fews and core concepts. When you discuss company values, but make decisions that are conflicting, it's really confusing to staff. It's time to actually be what we say we are about. Our decisions should be made, bottom line, based on the care and treatment of our clients. I wholeheartedly believe that if we invest in the front end, we will come out on top. But... We are managed by Bain so I guess the apple isn't falling far from the tree. It's sad that all your talent uses this place to fluff their resumes before going to companies that actually care for them. Shame shame.

"Favoritism"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Pros

Never had the opportunity to experience what it would be like to work for this company.

Cons

Extensive experience as a professional Certified Counselor along with an impressive resume. Not one interview with this company after repeatedly applying for available positions. Don't know what the board will think about this one?

You don't have to know everyone that you hire on a personal level. Give others a chance to interview with your company.

Outdated culture

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

I was hired quickly and fortunate for that as I was relocating. I am not staying though. Have never seen anything like this in my life!

Cons

Having worked for a Fortune 500 company previously, I am shocked at the weakness based structure still in place at this company in 2014! Great companies do not become great under this style! Rumors float constantly of SENIOR management being egotistical bullies across all lines of business right up to the CEO. Respect is earned --- it does not come with a title.

Go read a Forbes magazine every once in a while senior officials. Positive, employee focused companies succeed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful

Pros

You can get decent experience at this company. The whole company is geared toward entry level/low pay/, non-competitive positions and hires. So it is easy to get hired and can be a way to get experience and boost a resume.

Cons

The company is horribly, awfully mismanaged from the top on down. They have too much debt and despite what people think, have not done very well financially in most years (because of terrible business decisions and an extreme lack of understanding of factors that effect their revenue). This company has the potential to do better, and they do seem to be slowly (very slowly) getting better.

I have no idea where to start. The nature of the field we work in is different than most other businesses. I think this industry has the worst disconnect between management and ground level workers that could possibly exist. They practice outdated military style management tactics that do not take any meaningful input from the people who are actually dealing with and solving problems that the company is putting on itself. As bad as I hate to say it, Jerry needs to sit his butt down in a CTC clinic for one month and just watch and learn all of the ways that the company could not only improve, but also learn the ways that the company is literally hurting its own-self, taking money out of their own pocket by counterproductive polices.

Money..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlestown, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, IN

Pros

There is some good people who work there, and like any where there are some who are not so great to work with.

Cons

It is a money scam ran on the ill or people seeking help ! You can be a patient there for 7 years and pay the 15 dollars a day, then one day if you don't have the money you don't get the medication. There is no credit system or nothing put in place for the patients if they fall on a hard time its 15 bucks or, get lost, no matter what. Its all about money they don't have very good pay for employees that are lower on the totem pole. This is a company that makes probably billions of dollars a year but act broke. The equipment is a lot of times out dated they put no money into the place unless it can push more people in and out the doors to make them more money.. If you work here or are fixing to you will see the CEO can disapprove this message like he has many but his pockets are full I bet..

Stand up for the patients more that's the hole purpose of your job is to help them.

Great place to work and develop

Former Employee - Instructor  in  Lake Placid, NY
    Former Employee - Instructor in Lake Placid, NY

Pros

great mission, very effective, excellent program

Cons

sometimes culture is not sustainable

accountability

Moving in the right direction

Pros

New CEO that values the employees and their opinions, co-workers are dedicated and we all work well as a team, very optimistic as the culture is changing and moving in the right direction at CRC.

Cons

Behavioral Healthcare can be a stressful enviroment!

Keep moving in this direction.. your employees are noticing the positive changes and we like it!

Great colleagues very hard working and dedicated. Management is not

Pros

Best colleagues to work with

Cons

Management does not invest in their employees with training etc....

Your most prized asset is leaving everyday and you are not looking into it.

Predatory company abusing those that are ill and desperate

Pros

Working with this company has no benefits that I experienced. Benefits are nonexistent

Cons

Value, ethics any moral standards. To be an employee these have to be ignored.

quit

Best job I have ever had in 30+ years

Current Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor
    Current Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor

Pros

Coworkers and Management are like family. Fair wages. No unexpected over time "ever." Benefits are okay.

Cons

No overtime. Huge amounts of paperwork. Not quite into the technology advancements of IT yet. A little tight with funding for basic and common needs.

Increase wages, educational benefits need increased, make surrounding more professional.

Worked for CRC Health Group? Contribute to the Community!