CRC Health Group

Updated November 19, 2014
Updated November 19, 2014
2.4

Jerome E. Rhodes

Pros
  • Helping people in need is always a great business to be in (in 12 reviews)

• Good pay, co-workers on my level and just above were often good, nice people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't really listen to their experts, they do what they want whether it makes sense or not (in 5 reviews)

• The compensation was way lower than it should be for the amount of work (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Helping People in Distress

Former Employee - Ales Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Ales Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at CRC Health Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Working directly with clients with serious behavioral health issues

Cons

lack of upward mobility, difficult to attain bonus goals

seasonal contract, no contact with upper management

It is a good JOb

Current Employee - LVN Supervisor in Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - LVN Supervisor in Palm Springs, CA

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great People, Great days off.

Cons

Pay could be better, More support for Staff with dealing with patients

Better pay make happy people

Unprofessional upper management

Current Employee - Clinical Tech in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Tech in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at CRC Health Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The location of the facility I worked for is picture perfect!

Cons

Upper management eliminates employees that could possibly put out some dirty work or mal practices and against labor code violations they are doing. They suspend and terminate employees without letting them know why and without the standard write up or 3 strikes your out. One day you're the best and doing your job minding your own business and the next day they fire you without knowing why

Career Trap/No Growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HR thinks they're great samaritans/philanthropists by providing free bagels for their underpaid workers every Wednesdays.

Cons

The whole corporate structure is a mess. The organization and upper management has no idea where to take this place -- not to mention, they all want different things that only helps their own selfish careers. Management does not listen to feedback very well. They do not care that their workers are extremely unhappy. Everyone is over worked, underpaid, and benefits are a joke. (That could explain why the turnover rate is over 60%.) I guess you can't have management run a successful company when they cant even stand each other. They will also hire ANYONE with no experience (probably because their rate is what the company likes) and the great ones that apply won't get a job. But don't feel bad, they all went down the street and got a job at Apple. Overall, no perks, no bonuses, no incentives for anyone.

LISTEN TO YOUR PEOPLE!! If you want your workers to work hard for your dysfunctional organization, then hire the right, competent people with the proper credentials and treat them well. Give great incentives and they'll be a lot more driven to deliver quality work. This place is half zoo/half prison.

Intake Advisor: Great Company But Not Enough Pay For The Amount Of Work

Former Employee - Intake Advisor in Cupertino, CA

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Very rewarding helping people
    -Great for getting experience under your belt with data entry through sales force, communication through Outlook and Lynch
    -Very helpful and accommodating supervisors
    -mostly friendly and helpful coworkers

Cons

-Ridiculously low pay for the amount of work required.
    -Going from intake assistant to intake advisor is only $1 pay raise for 4x the work load.
    -horrible ruled as far as what is allowed during down time.
    -everyone working at the NRC of CRC is a recovering addict so therefore has the typical addict personality.
    -the turn around of employees is outrageous. People are constantly being hired because Advisors are constantly leaving due to the low pay for the workload.

Increase the pay of the advisors. For 4x the workload a dollar pay raise from an assistant is really a slap in the face. It should be at least $2-$4 pay raise for the workload.

AODA Counselor

Current Employee - AODA Counselor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - AODA Counselor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pros of working for CRC Health Group is the work day goes by extremely quick due to being busy. Once you adjust to early morning hours it is nice to be able to have the afternoon and evening off. Great teamwork and we absolutely care about our patients

Cons

The excessive caseloads that each AODA Counselor has to carry, very little training, the pay is not comparable to the amount of work expected and no contribution by Corporate to retirement fund. Leadership is new and inexperienced with little to no training themselves.

A huge corporation like CRC Health Group should have a standardized training process in place for all new hires. If counselors were salaried there would be less dissension and more productivity.

Poor Management - "you can always be replaced" attitude by Management.

Former Employee - Intake Advisor in Cupertino, CA

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very rewarding helping people find treatment. Saving peoples lives !

Cons

Poor Management. Unqualified Supervisors that take advantage of their position. Do what I say not what I do ! attitudes. Directors asking Supervisors to find something wrong with the Employee to have them written up so they can use it to their advantage.

Manage with motivation not threats. Make an Employee feel valued. Understand that listening to people that are very sick and may die can be emotionally draining. Be more supportive.

If you like a fast paced environment where every day is different, this is the place for you!

I have been working at CRC Health Group

Pros

Great working environment. You can really tell that the staff care about the patients. Great teamwork - everybody will give everything they have to help their peers.

Cons

The workload can be difficult to manage. Leaders seem to be over-extended, which can cause more complaints as staff and patients don't feel heard. Vacation time is lower than the national average for new employees.

Take a look at the burnout - not only your line staff, but your leaders as well.
    Revamp your vacation policies to be more competitive with others in the market.

Very positive experience

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been with the Company for a little over two years and can confidently say that from day one I've felt that I make a difference. I've had the pleasure of working with a great team and an exceptional supervisor. I am told on a regular basis that my work matters and am recognized when I do a good job. I feel that my opinion is taken into account and that my manager values me as a part of her team.

Cons

If an employee has an issue with his/her employment they should speak with their management. I personally feel comfortable voicing any questions or concerns with my management team and also feel it would be better received than writing my opinions in this review. At this time, I do not have any cons worth mentioning.

I would not recommend work for this company unless you enjoy fear/intimidation as a management style.

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at CRC Health Group full-time

Pros

For addicts not knowing of any other solution, they have a place to go.

Cons

The management staff as CRC Health Group is one sided, they use fear/intimidation techniques and also work in a "do it and don't ask any questions type environment. What really goes on at this company behind closed doors is alarming, thus the reason for an incredibly high turnover rate. Entire corporate departments walking out and dozens of counselors quitting in one location.

Create a team environment and put Directors in place with experience, that are effective. I was scared of my director, something I have never had to experience in my professional career, a majority of the employees at my location felt the same way. High pay does not compensate for poor treatment and disrespect of your employees. I was worried about my personal safety on more than one occasion.