CRC Insurance Reviews

12 reviews filtered by
2.6
Tom Curtain

1. Nice place to work.

I have been working at CRC Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work and nice envirnoment.

Cons

Be careful who you trust in the office, because someone will stab you in the back.

Advice to Management

No advice.

2. CRC Insurance

Former Employee - Temporary Receptionist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Temporary Receptionist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CRC Insurance

Pros

excellent environment, very laid back yet professional atmosphere, not very busy where i worked (front desk), they taught me skills that I would not have learned at other temporary positions

Cons

it was a temporary position

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing!

Not much room for growth

I have been working at CRC Insurance

Pros

Its a good place to learn the wholesale insurance side of the business.
    Office environment is friendly, for the most part.

Cons

Work is heavy and compensation is little.
    Very little room for growth.
    Benefits went from good to bad.

Accounting

Current Employee - Accounting in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Accounting in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CRC Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would say the best thing about working here would be networking with the brokers. If you are interested in becoming a broker, etc., you could build some great client relationships here. They are understanding with allowing off days, and frequently have picnics, lunches, etc sometimes.

Cons

In accounts receivable they are short staffed which has greatly raised the stress level around the office. There is an overall atmostphere of distrust, mainly of supervision because most of the time, you blantantly hear them discrediting other coworkers, which does not help morale. The company was recently taken over by a bank, and this has caused some transitional pains, which is expected. However, the job is a lot more stressful than what you are compensated for. The work itself is typical accounting work, which isn't hard, but in order to be as thorough as possible it would be better if we weren't short staffed.

Advice to Management

My advise to management would be to be more approachable. When I first started, I would go to the assistant manager (who quit for similar reasons) because she was more approachable and willing to explain things without outright saying she didn't have time, or making us feel stupid or less than.

It was the worst experience of my life.

Former Employee - Inside Broker in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Inside Broker in Franklin, TN

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really were no pros about it. It was the worst work environment that I have ever been subjected to. They approached me, got me to leave a perfectly good job, and then proceeded to try and ruin my career. It was a living nightmare.

Cons

Management is horrid. They took a perfectly good multi-line broker and tried to turn them into nothing but a paper processor. And because that was a painful process for them, they decided to just trash me and try to ruin what had been a 27 year golden career in brokerage. I have nothing good to say about how I was treated. And I might add that I tried to have discussions on up the chain as a cry for help in the matter and it was met with retaliation. So, not a good work environment!

Advice to Management

You might want to listen when people exit the company. Things are not always what they seem. What happened to me should have never been allowed to happen.

Work work work do more work, don't expect a raise

Former Employee - Associate Broker in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Associate Broker in New Orleans, LA

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In my town. Free parking. Like I said its a job

Cons

Management hired her friends who moved up quickly and got the best bonus. Do all the work for pennies compared to the broker who does not do anything. The company takes out almost 40% of the bonus which isn't much to start off with. Broker's bonus is well over 100 grand. Try getting a raise, cant do that but here are more duties you are responsible for.

Advice to Management

Leave

One of the best companies I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - President/Chief Executive Officer in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - President/Chief Executive Officer in Naples, FL

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well managed, key markets and some of the greatest people and real pros I have ever worked with .

Cons

There were no cons..... only positive !

Advice to Management

I would love to rejoin them and get back to the industry sector I loved most!

The worst work environment I've ever experienced!

Former Employee - Associate Broker
    Former Employee - Associate Broker

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only true opportunity there is if you are a broker with your own book of business or in management. They do not have to adhere to PTO like all the elves do, and can apparently treat other employees like they are dirt.

Cons

No HR oversight at satellite locations. You can be treated horribly and no one cares or will help get you out of an unhealthy work arrangement. Rather, they will have others spy on you and then terminate you, whether they caused you to leave a perfectly good job to come there on not. No conscious. It's all about as many of those $500 policy fees as they can cram in their pockets, folks. And that is all it's about.

Advice to Management

Wise up. When you see a broker who can't keep help, you might want to investigate why that is happening. It's also a great way for them to keep putting someone's bonus right back into their own pocketbook, isn't it? Like I said, no conscious or oversight. That just looks bad all the way back up the ladder to you!

Great Learning experience but limit on upward growth

I have been working at CRC Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Name recognition, Access to all viable markets

Cons

Power structure (hard workers get paid little and people on top get everything) , Favoritism, No room to move up, poor connection between local and corporate management, Blind eye to hostile work environments, poor pay

Advice to Management

You started out as a great company! What happened? You have grown so large that you have lost many of the qualities that allowed you to be successful. Soon the day will come when you can no longer buy your way up the top ten list with BB&T signing the checks for other wholesalers. The Birmingham powerhouse should be more careful to watch what is going on with their other offices. You may be surprised with the word on the street. Try to see the potential in your employees rather than only bringing on producers straight out of college or trying to buy massive books from competitors with a heavy checkbook. Go back to your roots. You have good people working for you, but please make sure your office president's are doing their job correctly. They unfortunately are doing what's best for them, not the company. Rome grew to be too large and it crumbled. Are you repeating this scenario?

Success depends on your Broker

I have been working at CRC Insurance

Pros

- Great Brand name
    -Sr Management cares and fights for you
    - Great Experience

Cons

- Little training about insurance in general, so new employees are reliant on an overwhelmed broker to "teach" sporadically what they know

Advice to Management

- Put more emphasis on formalized training programs/classes for employees new to insurance
    - For new employees, have a broker rotation program where you can work in all departments to see where your interest lies