CRC Insurance

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Curtain

One of the best companies I have ever worked for!

President/Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) Naples, FL

ProsWell managed, key markets and some of the greatest people and real pros I have ever worked with .

ConsThere were no cons..... only positive !

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to rejoin them and get back to the industry sector I loved most!

Work work work do more work, don't expect a raise

Associate Broker (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsIn my town. Free parking. Like I said its a job

ConsManagement hired her friends who moved up quickly and got the best bonus. Do all the work for pennies compared to the broker who does not do anything. The company takes out almost 40% of the bonus which isn't much to start off with. Broker's bonus is well over 100 grand. Try getting a raise, cant do that but here are more duties you are responsible for.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave

The worst work environment I've ever experienced!

Associate Broker (Former Employee)

ProsThe only true opportunity there is if you are a broker with your own book of business or in management. They do not have to adhere to PTO like all the elves do, and can apparently treat other employees like they are dirt.

ConsNo HR oversight at satellite locations. You can be treated horribly and no one cares or will help get you out of an unhealthy work arrangement. Rather, they will have others spy on you and then terminate you, whether they caused you to leave a perfectly good job to come there on not. No conscious. It's all about as many of those $500 policy fees as they can cram in their pockets, folks. And that is all it's about.

Advice to Senior ManagementWise up. When you see a broker who can't keep help, you might want to investigate why that is happening. It's also a great way for them to keep putting someone's bonus right back into their own pocketbook, isn't it? Like I said, no conscious or oversight. That just looks bad all the way back up the ladder to you!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Learning experience but limit on upward growth

ProsGreat Benefits, Name recognition, Access to all viable markets

ConsPower structure (hard workers get paid little and people on top get everything) , Favoritism, No room to move up, poor connection between local and corporate management, Blind eye to hostile work environments, poor pay

Advice to Senior ManagementYou started out as a great company! What happened? You have grown so large that you have lost many of the qualities that allowed you to be successful. Soon the day will come when you can no longer buy your way up the top ten list with BB&T signing the checks for other wholesalers. The Birmingham powerhouse should be more careful to watch what is going on with their other offices. You may be surprised with the word on the street. Try to see the potential in your employees rather than only bringing on producers straight out of college or trying to buy massive books from competitors with a heavy checkbook. Go back to your roots. You have good people working for you, but please make sure your office president's are doing their job correctly. They unfortunately are doing what's best for them, not the company. Rome grew to be too large and it crumbled. Are you repeating this scenario?

Success depends on your Broker

Pros- Great Brand name
    -Sr Management cares and fights for you
    - Great Experience

Cons- Little training about insurance in general, so new employees are reliant on an overwhelmed broker to "teach" sporadically what they know

Advice to Senior Management- Put more emphasis on formalized training programs/classes for employees new to insurance
    - For new employees, have a broker rotation program where you can work in all departments to see where your interest lies

CRC Review

ProsMost of the employees are very nice and easy to work with. The work environment is fairly relaxed. The location is great.

ConsIt's extremely hard to move up within the company. Management is sometimes inaccessible. Compensation is not competitive nor it is fair for the amount/level or work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that management should be more aware of the talent and skills of their employees and make better attempts to allow such individuals to advance within the company.

Good company

ProsGood people and fairly relaxed environment

ConsOutside of insurance not much room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementNumber 1 in the Wholesale business so they must be doing something right

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for CRC Insurance? Contribute to the Community!