CRC Insurance Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014
2.5

Tom Curtain

One of the best companies I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - President/Chief Executive Officer  in  Naples, FL
    Former Employee - President/Chief Executive Officer in Naples, FL

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well managed, key markets and some of the greatest people and real pros I have ever worked with .

Cons

There were no cons..... only positive !

I would love to rejoin them and get back to the industry sector I loved most!

It was the worst experience of my life.

Former Employee - Inside Broker  in  Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Inside Broker in Franklin, TN

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

There really were no pros about it. It was the worst work environment that I have ever been subjected to. They approached me, got me to leave a perfectly good job, and then proceeded to try and ruin my career. It was a living nightmare.

Cons

Management is horrid. They took a perfectly good multi-line broker and tried to turn them into nothing but a paper processor. And because that was a painful process for them, they decided to just trash me and try to ruin what had been a 27 year golden career in brokerage. I have nothing good to say about how I was treated. And I might add that I tried to have discussions on up the chain as a cry for help in the matter and it was met with retaliation. So, not a good work environment!

You might want to listen when people exit the company. Things are not always what they seem. What happened to me should have never been allowed to happen.

Work work work do more work, don't expect a raise

Former Employee - Associate Broker  in  New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Associate Broker in New Orleans, LA

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In my town. Free parking. Like I said its a job

Cons

Management hired her friends who moved up quickly and got the best bonus. Do all the work for pennies compared to the broker who does not do anything. The company takes out almost 40% of the bonus which isn't much to start off with. Broker's bonus is well over 100 grand. Try getting a raise, cant do that but here are more duties you are responsible for.

Leave

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst work environment I've ever experienced!

Former Employee - Associate Broker
    Former Employee - Associate Broker

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only true opportunity there is if you are a broker with your own book of business or in management. They do not have to adhere to PTO like all the elves do, and can apparently treat other employees like they are dirt.

Cons

No HR oversight at satellite locations. You can be treated horribly and no one cares or will help get you out of an unhealthy work arrangement. Rather, they will have others spy on you and then terminate you, whether they caused you to leave a perfectly good job to come there on not. No conscious. It's all about as many of those $500 policy fees as they can cram in their pockets, folks. And that is all it's about.

Wise up. When you see a broker who can't keep help, you might want to investigate why that is happening. It's also a great way for them to keep putting someone's bonus right back into their own pocketbook, isn't it? Like I said, no conscious or oversight. That just looks bad all the way back up the ladder to you!

Great Learning experience but limit on upward growth

I have been working at CRC Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, Name recognition, Access to all viable markets

Cons

Power structure (hard workers get paid little and people on top get everything) , Favoritism, No room to move up, poor connection between local and corporate management, Blind eye to hostile work environments, poor pay

You started out as a great company! What happened? You have grown so large that you have lost many of the qualities that allowed you to be successful. Soon the day will come when you can no longer buy your way up the top ten list with BB&T signing the checks for other wholesalers. The Birmingham powerhouse should be more careful to watch what is going on with their other offices. You may be surprised with the word on the street. Try to see the potential in your employees rather than only bringing on producers straight out of college or trying to buy massive books from competitors with a heavy checkbook. Go back to your roots. You have good people working for you, but please make sure your office president's are doing their job correctly. They unfortunately are doing what's best for them, not the company. Rome grew to be too large and it crumbled. Are you repeating this scenario?

Success depends on your Broker

I have been working at CRC Insurance

Pros

- Great Brand name
    -Sr Management cares and fights for you
    - Great Experience

Cons

- Little training about insurance in general, so new employees are reliant on an overwhelmed broker to "teach" sporadically what they know

- Put more emphasis on formalized training programs/classes for employees new to insurance
    - For new employees, have a broker rotation program where you can work in all departments to see where your interest lies

CRC Review

I have been working at CRC Insurance

Pros

Most of the employees are very nice and easy to work with. The work environment is fairly relaxed. The location is great.

Cons

It's extremely hard to move up within the company. Management is sometimes inaccessible. Compensation is not competitive nor it is fair for the amount/level or work.

I think that management should be more aware of the talent and skills of their employees and make better attempts to allow such individuals to advance within the company.

Good company

I have been working at CRC Insurance for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people and fairly relaxed environment

Cons

Outside of insurance not much room for advancement.

Number 1 in the Wholesale business so they must be doing something right

Worked for CRC Insurance? Contribute to the Community!