CRC Insurance Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Tom Curtain

1. Great place to work!

Pros

Casual atmosphere, no micromanagement & you're responsible for your success or failure.

Cons

It's becoming more of a corporate environment since BB&T injected themselves.

Advice to Management

It's too late to go back but almost every change coming from BB&T is worse, less functional, less efficient than the process before. Perhaps a symptom of increased size but they're steadily chipping away at all the things that made CRC a really unique and wonderful place to work.

2. Broker

I have been working at CRC Insurance full-time

Pros

good place to be back in the day. Had good exclusive programs and good market access. Lots of dough to be made.

Cons

I thought amrisc had our back! Gonna lose my book and cry about it like a baby. Maybe my retailer doesn't have a direct contract. Nah they do, oh well

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Performance is the difference. Watch those numbers. Bring it in. Watch the world change.

3. Great experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at CRC Insurance (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management and friendly team environment. Always room for growth and advancement.

Cons

Must be extremely self motivated and passionate about the line of insurance your selling or goals won't be met

5. Nice place to work.

I have been working at CRC Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work and nice envirnoment.

Cons

Be careful who you trust in the office, because someone will stab you in the back.

Advice to Management

No advice.

6. CRC Insurance

Former Employee - Temporary Receptionist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Temporary Receptionist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

excellent environment, very laid back yet professional atmosphere, not very busy where i worked (front desk), they taught me skills that I would not have learned at other temporary positions

Cons

it was a temporary position

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing!

Not much room for growth

Pros

Its a good place to learn the wholesale insurance side of the business. Office environment is friendly, for the most part.

Cons

Work is heavy and compensation is little. Very little room for growth. Benefits went from good to bad.

Accounting

Current Employee - Accounting in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Accounting in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CRC Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would say the best thing about working here would be networking with the brokers. If you are interested in becoming a broker, etc., you could build some great client relationships here. They are understanding with allowing off days, and frequently have picnics, lunches, etc sometimes.

Cons

In accounts receivable they are short staffed which has greatly raised the stress level around the office. There is an overall atmostphere of distrust, mainly of supervision because most of the time, you blantantly hear them discrediting other coworkers, which does not help morale. The company was recently taken over by a bank, and this has caused some transitional pains, which is expected. However, the job is a lot more stressful than what you are compensated for. The work itself is typical accounting work, which isn't hard, but in order to be as thorough as possible it would be better if we weren't short staffed.

Advice to Management

My advise to management would be to be more approachable. When I first started, I would go to the assistant manager (who quit for similar reasons) because she was more approachable and willing to explain things without outright saying she didn't have time, or making us feel stupid or less than.

It was the worst experience of my life.

Former Employee - Inside Broker in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Inside Broker in Franklin, TN

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really were no pros about it. It was the worst work environment that I have ever been subjected to. They approached me, got me to leave a perfectly good job, and then proceeded to try and ruin my career. It was a living nightmare.

Cons

Management is horrid. They took a perfectly good multi-line broker and tried to turn them into nothing but a paper processor. And because that was a painful process for them, they decided to just trash me and try to ruin what had been a 27 year golden career in brokerage. I have nothing good to say about how I was treated. And I might add that I tried to have discussions on up the chain as a cry for help in the matter and it was met with retaliation. So, not a good work environment!

Advice to Management

You might want to listen when people exit the company. Things are not always what they seem. What happened to me should have never been allowed to happen.

Work work work do more work, don't expect a raise

Former Employee - Associate Broker in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Associate Broker in New Orleans, LA

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In my town. Free parking. Like I said its a job

Cons

Management hired her friends who moved up quickly and got the best bonus. Do all the work for pennies compared to the broker who does not do anything. The company takes out almost 40% of the bonus which isn't much to start off with. Broker's bonus is well over 100 grand. Try getting a raise, cant do that but here are more duties you are responsible for.

Advice to Management

Leave

One of the best companies I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - President/Chief Executive Officer in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - President/Chief Executive Officer in Naples, FL

I worked at CRC Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well managed, key markets and some of the greatest people and real pros I have ever worked with .

Cons

There were no cons..... only positive !

Advice to Management

I would love to rejoin them and get back to the industry sector I loved most!

RSS Feed </> Embed