CRL Senior Living

Add Photos

Ari Weinberger

Really Negative Atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsThe residents were amazing, it was really a joy working with them, even when they were having a bad day. Some of the employees were also wonderful and helpful.

ConsManagement was an absolute disaster. Paperwork was consistently getting lost, the schedule was a mess, the number of employees available was feast or famine- we either had way too many people and too few hours to go around, or a lot of openings and no one to fill them because the company couldn't retain good employees (who always seemed to find another job shortly after being hired.) Management was also very disrespectful of employees and the company as a whole seemed more concerned with telling their employees how much they were valued in a vague, "we're all a family, we're all equals" sort of way in meetings and memos without caring to take suggestions or streamline communication for better and more effective care for the residents.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake suggestions from your employees seriously. You may think you know how to best run a facility from a theoretical standpoint, but the people working with the residents and bearing the brunt of the labor know what works most effectively. Listen to them. Be open and honest with your employees, talk to them directly.

American Horror Story: ASYLUM

Server (Former Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsOvertime! It's the only way that I was able to afford living on their salary.

ConsWhile working at Parkside Manor, located in Kenosha, WI, I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. They did not in any way, shape, or form maintain their company policies or any tip of professional standards/ethics.

Worse place EVER

CNA (Former Employee) Sheboygan, WI

ProsAwesome co workers at CNA level

ConsHorrible working conditions
    Horrible communication
    Complete disregard for staff
    Favoritism
    Unfair pay
    Don't do reviews on time if at all
    Pay
    Benifits

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam work
    Fairness
    Pay according to experience and certifications

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved the residents

CNA (Former Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsThe residents were great. Job overall was good but I'm always amazed how a few bad eggs ruin a dozen (employees, management and chronic liars)

ConsFined for write ups by state. Management turnover repeated several times within a few months and promoted only very young employees who happened to be less than mature and not even close to honest

Advice to Senior Management?

The worst Company Do not work for them!!!

ProsThe residents great people. pretty place to work That is about it.

ConsThe company doesn't know what they are doing yet. I think they are going to fail big time . State is involved with alot of problem company wide. They cant keep any employees well any good ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork in a building and find out what is actually going on....

Horrible

ProsThe only thing that is good with working at CRL is working with the residents. It is fun working with the elderly.

ConsManagement is very bad. They ask you to be honest about your feeling and when you are they fire you very shortly after. They will do whatever it takes to fire someone and make it look legit.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat yor employees better than you do. Drop the attitutde of "you need us, your always replaceable".

It was the best of times...It was the worst of times...

ProsThe Residents, the co-workers, meeting and talking with the residents is awsome, so much, rich history in one place, diverse, and great to hear some of the things these people have lived through.

Consconstintly short handed when you do pick up shifts or work extra hours, or even go above and byond there is no recignition.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your employees, encouragement, how to be better, let them know if they are doing well or bad, just let them know.

Worked for CRL Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!