CRL Senior Living

Really Negative Atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at CRL Senior Living

Pros

The residents were amazing, it was really a joy working with them, even when they were having a bad day. Some of the employees were also wonderful and helpful.

Cons

Management was an absolute disaster. Paperwork was consistently getting lost, the schedule was a mess, the number of employees available was feast or famine- we either had way too many people and too few hours to go around, or a lot of openings and no one to fill them because the company couldn't retain good employees (who always seemed to find another job shortly after being hired.) Management was also very disrespectful of employees and the company as a whole seemed more concerned with telling their employees how much they were valued in a vague, "we're all a family, we're all equals" sort of way in meetings and memos without caring to take suggestions or streamline communication for better and more effective care for the residents.

Take suggestions from your employees seriously. You may think you know how to best run a facility from a theoretical standpoint, but the people working with the residents and bearing the brunt of the labor know what works most effectively. Listen to them. Be open and honest with your employees, talk to them directly.

American Horror Story: ASYLUM

Former Employee - Server  in  Kenosha, WI
    Former Employee - Server in Kenosha, WI

I worked at CRL Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overtime! It's the only way that I was able to afford living on their salary.

Cons

While working at Parkside Manor, located in Kenosha, WI, I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. They did not in any way, shape, or form maintain their company policies or any tip of professional standards/ethics.

Worse place EVER

Former Employee - CNA  in  Sheboygan, WI
    Former Employee - CNA in Sheboygan, WI

I worked at CRL Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome co workers at CNA level

Cons

Horrible working conditions
    Horrible communication
    Complete disregard for staff
    Favoritism
    Unfair pay
    Don't do reviews on time if at all
    Pay
    Benifits

Team work
    Fairness
    Pay according to experience and certifications

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved the residents

Former Employee - CNA  in  Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - CNA in Waukesha, WI

I worked at CRL Senior Living

Pros

The residents were great. Job overall was good but I'm always amazed how a few bad eggs ruin a dozen (employees, management and chronic liars)

Cons

Fined for write ups by state. Management turnover repeated several times within a few months and promoted only very young employees who happened to be less than mature and not even close to honest

?

The worst Company Do not work for them!!!

I have been working at CRL Senior Living

Pros

The residents great people. pretty place to work That is about it.

Cons

The company doesn't know what they are doing yet. I think they are going to fail big time . State is involved with alot of problem company wide. They cant keep any employees well any good ones.

Work in a building and find out what is actually going on....

Horrible

I have been working at CRL Senior Living

Pros

The only thing that is good with working at CRL is working with the residents. It is fun working with the elderly.

Cons

Management is very bad. They ask you to be honest about your feeling and when you are they fire you very shortly after. They will do whatever it takes to fire someone and make it look legit.

Treat yor employees better than you do. Drop the attitutde of "you need us, your always replaceable".

It was the best of times...It was the worst of times...

I have been working at CRL Senior Living

Pros

The Residents, the co-workers, meeting and talking with the residents is awsome, so much, rich history in one place, diverse, and great to hear some of the things these people have lived through.

Cons

constintly short handed when you do pick up shifts or work extra hours, or even go above and byond there is no recignition.

Focus on your employees, encouragement, how to be better, let them know if they are doing well or bad, just let them know.

Worked for CRL Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!