CRN

Be The First To
Add Photos

Neal Thomas

Liking It So Far

ProsGreat vacation/pto options, friendly and caring coworkers, relaxed work environment. I have enjoyed my time here and really feel welcomed and part of a winning department. Managers and supervisors that believe in the employees they have hired to be part of the team.

ConsLow pay, benefits package is rather expensive, a lot of change on the executive level that makes no sense at all. The executive team micromanages every department without fully understanding the inner-workings of the departments. High turnover rate, they use a hiring agency and discard good employees at a moments notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess talk more doing, no need for the amount of meetings that are held. Trust in the supervisors and managers you have hired.

Awful management along with discriminatory treatment!

Crisis Specialist (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

Pros-Great salary and PTO
    -good co-workers (minus upper level staff)

Cons-Bad management
    -mistreatment of staff
    -overwork without breaks

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better quality people

The work is rewarding AND management has made this company impossible to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsPay, benefits, work is very rewarding

ConsEvery year CRN provides crisis services, expect mediocre service at best!
    Micromanagement
    Excessive use of consultants
    Poor retention of employees and mid level management.
    Catastrophic pto is stealing employees hard earned money.
    Excessive payout of OT instead of hiring new employees.
    Mandatory OT

Advice to Senior ManagementNew Senior management!
    Consistent hiring practices with pay scales based on experience and qualification.
    Transparent business practices: each employee should be aware of current RBHA reports.
    Better training; giving the employees actual time to attend on the job training away from their desk to improve clinical skills.
    Value #1 customer first- current employees.
    Potential for personal growth through agency.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good starting salary, challenging fast pace environment, but beware

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGood starting salary for administrative positions (Director Level)
    Fulfills a critical behavioral health need in society
    Front line clinical staff performing the work are amazing
    Network of supporting companies is strong

ConsFor salaried positions, expect to work 50 - 60 hours a week plus weekends, no merit increases, minimal bonus, and to be thrown under the bus from time to time
    Micromanagement at even a Director's level is common e.g. weekly goals and accomplishments
    Significant reliance on consultants creates a non-trustworthy atmosphere
    Outside of the CEO, lack of leadership among the Executive team

could be a great job...

Crisis Specialist (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe job has the potential to be a great job. Decent benefits, great pay, and the chance to creatively problem solve everyday. There is generous overtime and flexible hours. This job offers great overall exposure to the RHBA.

ConsThe job environment. Upper level management is completely out of touch with the employees. At times when staffing is low, mandatory overtime goes into effect, which can really screw up your days off and sense of well-being. Shift bids are a nerve-wracking experience which forces a few unfortunate employees to rearrange their life to keep their job. The micromanage your calls, despite that many employed have their master's degree and some level of licensure. The general feeling of the place is that of indentured servitude, and while management somehow wrangles time off, the peons have to find their own coverage for their time off, and even then your requests may be denied. There is relatively little room for advancement, even within the levels of Crisis Specialist, because they will find some reason to keep you where you are.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease realize that providing soft drinks is not a reasonable substitute for taking us away from our families for mandatory overtime. We don't need to be babysat while we're on the phone. Provide positive feedback and incentives to do well (merit based raises might be nice).

Varied

Crisis Specialist II (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe work is challenging and always interesting. The capacity for learning is endless.

ConsThe management is unaware of the work their employees do and are limited in showing gratitude. Worked for 4 years without a merit increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow interest in employees. Offer merit increases as warranted. Respect employees in general rather than working toward financial reward for themselves.

Worked for CRN? Contribute to the Community!