CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

CROSSMARK CEO Ben Fischer

Ben Fischer

Pros
  • Company has some advantages for folks looking for part time, weekend or through the week work(in 32 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no pay raises but there are pay decreases (as I was told "for the good of the company")(in 24 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours(in 39 reviews)

Crossmark

Team Lead (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGet Paid Weekly
    Work is Easy
    Inside Environment
    Room for Growth

ConsPay your employees for overtime. Don't make the work harder than what it has to be. Put qualified people in
    management positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying over time.

merchandiser

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork for yourself-set your own schedule

Consit requires a lot of driving and a good car

When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's bad.

Retail Representative (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe best part about the company honestly is the fact you make your own schedule. You have a list of tasks and you choose when you want to do them. The reporting online is easy and you never really meet your boss face to face. Also if you like to travel and like free hotels and free food on the road it's amazing. Very good indeed.

ConsVery little if any room to move up in the company. Hours are very inconsistant. I generally get only about 10 hours a week but if you need the extra $100 go for it. Not a full time kind of deal though. No Raises or yearly evaluations.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore raises and a little bit more respect towards the employees would be nice. Otherwise good job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI see lots of people and interact with shoppers.

ConsThe events keep getting larger and larger with more and more products to do all at once and the benefits stink. Been there four yrs. and can't get a raise..Time to find another job! Met the supevisory person from hell last week. She was so condescending it made me furious

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your event specialists once in awhile..they are people too!!!

Was great

Retail Field Representative (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedules, did have plenty of hours. Interesting work.

ConsCommunication between leaders would be helpful. About 2 hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what each others job is.

Project coordinator

ProsManagement was friendly, helpful, and respectful. Opportunity to work with multiple different clients. Free samples from clients all the time.

ConsLittle opportunity for growth. Annual bonus was 2 movie tickets. It was a joke.

Very disorganized and unprofessional

Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsPaid on-time, free uniform shirt (though only in Small, Medium, and Large-sizes)

ConsTraining, uniform costs, schedule changes, unprofessional management, lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked on the Ideal Balance campaign. I highly suggest better, more in-depth training and managers that are professional and communicative.

Great Job/Lousy Supervisors

Event Specialist (Former Employee) Davenport, IA

ProsThe work is creative, wonderful customer interaction, and you learn as you prepare!

ConsGenerally, there are no cons, unless you had the managers I had. The first one was very Borderline Personality Disordered, expecting praise and accolades or else she would beat herself up. The second supervisor ran the place like a drill sergeant, using punishments and rewards and public shaming and verbal harassment of the staff, including me

Advice to Senior ManagementSCREEN YOUR SUPERVISORS PLEASE! Require mental health screening and look into their pasts more. If they were raised in abuse, neglect or were the "golden child" DO NOT PUT THEM IN CHARGE, period!

Ridiculous standards

Client Services Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsVery large company with what appears to be lots of opportunity. Pay is decent but benefits are eh.

ConsManagement has no idea what they are doing and tend to not care if employees are struggling. They only seem to want to find a scapegoat when things take a negative turn. The client is ALWAYS right and employees have no voice at all. Work-life balance is ridiculous, especially when you work for a director that is a workaholic. Weekends? What are these things you call weekends?

Advice to Senior ManagementManage your managers. Most do not know how to manage and it is apparent they have never managed before. Also, just because the client needs to think they are right, employees deserve support too, if you expect to keep them and they be loyal.

It's Okay

Event Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGood Pay
    Great People To Work With

ConsUnorganized, Management, Lack Of Training, Schedules, and The Directions That You Have To Follow

Advice to Senior ManagementIts unorganized. Very hard to maintain understanding on what you are doing. Managers put you out there and leave you hanging. Instead of getting proper training, instead you get criticized on what you did "wrong".

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!