CROSSMARK Reviews in Flint, MI

2.9

CROSSMARK CEO Ben Fischer
Ben Fischer

Pros
  • Company has some advantages for folks looking for part time, weekend or through the week work (in 32 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no pay raises but there are pay decreases (as I was told "for the good of the company") (in 24 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Don't waste your time working for this company!!

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Flint, MI

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only good thing about this company are the customers you meet while executing a project, and the store personnel. They were always helpful to ensure a successful demo.

Cons

They promise you 3 to 4 days a week, when in reality, you might only work 1 day, and sometimes you're not scheduled at all. They hire 2 to 3 people for each store, so nobody gets enough hours. The biggest problem is that the majority of the Retail Supervisors never worked as a Team Lead or Event Specialist, so they don't have a clear understanding of the job. They just follow their manual, but they are clueless.

You should make it mandatory that a Retail Supervisor works as either a Team Lead or Event Specialist, so they really understand what the job entails. There is also a problem with some of the Retail Supervisors, who seem to form attitudes toward some of their employees, and, they actually treat them so bad that they end up quitting, so there is no recourse such as filing for unemployment benefits.

Lures you in with hourly rate, slams you with no hours/poor HR

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Flint, MI

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time for less than a year

Pros

$10.40 an hour
    Medical benefits offered

Cons

Started at 2-3 shifts per week, which was fine as a college student. Those shifts were always on the weekend so I could attend class during the week with no problem. Eventually got moved down to one shift per month as new people were hired, even though the semester ended and my availability opened up. After the partial medical and dental is taken out, I take home $27/mo. Looking for another job right now.

Also will make you prepare meat even if you do not wish to handle it for religious reasons and send an email to HR. They will simply suggest you switch with people on your shift, which sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. At the store where I work, almost all of the demos contain meat.

Also, everything here is about rules, rules, rules, and the corporation, more so than any other place I have worked. In fact, the fast food restaurant I used to work at was more lenient and accommodating to my religion and me than this place, and I always got hours. I may have to go back.

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!